Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: Makeshift Unorthodox Costume (In Progress)  (Read 34879 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2020, 03:44:04 PM »

No problem. I like to think of myself as a cosplay bargain hunter...lol

Here is the folder in my Google Drive that contains all of the current elements for my intended costume. I haven't settled on anything below the knees yet.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OqnJ4-jrlCbvf54L4rBXPayq5Z_ng1ve?usp=sharing

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2020, 11:58:26 PM »

Added some black and red o-rings to my saberstaff:

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2020, 01:47:41 AM »

Omg, I know this is out of order but...
@ mrG: I just noticed the Logan Starkiller variant. Holy, almost speechless. Yea, good luck to anyone trying to kill that guy... Logan with the Force, and maybe claws deflecting
             lightsabers; in addition to wielding 2 of them... If adamantium can't be cut through with lightsabers he's "the Juggernaut B..."
             Point for you on the sheer terror that just inspired.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2020, 01:52:58 AM »

That looks super cool, the red/black contrast is a very nice touch and adds a lot to the look of your sabers. Can't say I've seen colored o-rings used before, that is definitely an avenue worth exploring.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2020, 02:12:24 AM »

That looks super cool, the red/black contrast is a very nice touch and adds a lot to the look of your sabers. Can't say I've seen colored o-rings used before, that is definitely an avenue worth exploring.
Thank you. It should be these o-rings from Amazon. It says $10.83 for 100, but it says $7.92 on my phone where I'm signed into Prime, which is how I bought them. I think you need 20-something per saber (Sentinel V4) so a pack of 100 is more than enough, especially if you run more than one color like I did.

https://www.amazon.com/118-Silicone-Ring-Durometer-Width/dp/B000FN0XSQ/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=Sterling+Seal+%26+Supply%2C+Inc.+%28STCC%29+%2B+118&qid=1606270041&sr=8-12

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »

Thank you. It should be these o-rings from Amazon. It says $10.83 for 100, but it says $7.92 on my phone where I'm signed into Prime, which is how I bought them. I think you need 20-something per saber (Sentinel V4) so a pack of 100 is more than enough, especially if you run more than one color like I did.

https://www.amazon.com/118-Silicone-Ring-Durometer-Width/dp/B000FN0XSQ/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=Sterling+Seal+%26+Supply%2C+Inc.+%28STCC%29+%2B+118&qid=1606270041&sr=8-12

$7.92 is the prime price.  It's not just free 2 day shipping.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2020, 02:49:04 AM »

$7.92 is the prime price.  It's not just free 2 day shipping.
Thank you for clearing that up. I totally blanked on the explanation.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2020, 01:49:50 PM »

Good point on the presence of robes. I agree a grey one would be ideal, although black would still match. So since I can think in shades of grey, I don't have to go with grey. Especially since I don't see any affordable grey robes, and I'd prefer not to spend more on a robe than on the entirety of my outfit besides the robe.

JediRobeAmerica on Etsy has a black robe for $60

If I go grey, the closest thing I see is a cloak for $51:

Which may still work. Although perhaps this "medieval ritual robe/cloak in grey could serve as a Jedi Robe for $82?

Those aren't bad alternatives at all!  For my own Gray Jedi cosplay, I got my robe and tunic from Etsy vendors:

Full ensemble

Without robe holding mainhand saber & shoto

Me with an awesome General Marine and the local Mando Mercs

Finally, an analogue of the robe I think looks best for my cosplay character (LOTS of story blah blah blah BUT I came across this pic and thought it looked perfect for what I want  Smiley).

LOVE what you did with your saberstaff!  This looks fantastic  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »

Those aren't bad alternatives at all!  For my own Gray Jedi cosplay, I got my robe and tunic from Etsy vendors:

Full ensemble

Without robe holding mainhand saber & shoto

Me with an awesome General Marine and the local Mando Mercs

Finally, an analogue of the robe I think looks best for my cosplay character (LOTS of story blah blah blah BUT I came across this pic and thought it looked perfect for what I want  Smiley).
LOVE what you did with your saberstaff!  This looks fantastic  Smiley

Point!
I love your Grey Jedi look. Most impressive. And thank you regarding the saberstaff!

That snap-front robe, at least it looks like snaps hold it shut in the front, looks awesome. Is it just the photo you found? You wouldn't happen to know who sells it, would you?

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:13 PM »

Omg, I know this is out of order but...
@ mrG: I just noticed the Logan Starkiller variant. Holy, almost speechless. Yea, good luck to anyone trying to kill that guy... Logan with the Force, and maybe claws deflecting
             lightsabers; in addition to wielding 2 of them... If adamantium can't be cut through with lightsabers he's "the Juggernaut B..."
             Point for you on the sheer terror that just inspired.

Adamantium = Cortosis?

Logan would make the WORST Jedi! ;-)

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2020, 04:29:33 PM »

Hey...check these out...Just EVA foam. I built this for "proof of concept". This is EVA, plasti-dip, paint and weathering. looks like legit leather...I think

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »

Adamantium = Cortosis?

If I may I'd like to disagree...Logan would be a great Jedi...of course he'd need to own a pair of these sabers from me though...

Sorry 'bout the interruption...back to costuming.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2020, 05:33:30 PM »

Adamantium = Cortosis?

Now that would be some sick fan fiction right there.  Cool

I love how this thread is turning into everything costume related. The amount of knowledge and tips being shared in here is top tier. Perhaps it will inspire even more peeps to go the costume route themselves.

Hey...check these out...Just EVA foam. I built this for "proof of concept". This is EVA, plasti-dip, paint and weathering. looks like legit leather...I think

That looks really good, and very much like leather. What kind of paint did you use for the final coat? It definitely has the slight sheen that is totally the look of leather.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »

That looks great! If you'd told me you bought it from a dedicated seller of those sorts of things I would not have even thought of questioning it. I'd imagine being able to make it the exact size you want is a huge pro too, as opposed to having one that's so small it's not functional, or one so large it's cumbersome. Great job!
Now that would be some sick fan fiction right there.  Cool

I love how this thread is turning into everything costume related. The amount of knowledge and tips being shared in here is top tier. Perhaps it will inspire even more peeps to go the costume route themselves.

That looks really good, and very much like leather. What kind of paint did you use for the final coat? It definitely has the slight sheen that is totally the look of leather.
Agreed. It is awesome to see many things costume-related, and I do hope this can continue to build as a source of ideas and leads for costume building.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »

For the pouches I used nothing but Plasti-dip for the base layer.
The "buckle" (still EVA foam) is painted in MIG Air Gunmetal
Weathering was done with Raw Umber and Black Master's Touch Acrylic paints. Slather it on full boar and wipe most off. It stays in the nooks and crannys and looks like dirt and grime.

-Interesting note about the "grime" layer. Don't mix the paint very much so you get different levels of pigments in your "wash". I did this with a lightsaber hilt (can't sow because it is non US....pity cuz it looks dope!) and it looks like it is either has some super rusty bits or was dropped in a bit of mud.

I forgot to do this before the plasti dip but ended up doing it after: Rolled a ball of tinfoil so it was crinkly and then rolled that over the surface of the pouch. This gave a leather-esque texture to the whole thing.

As for the "sick" fanfic....someone needs to get on that! or maybe we need to start another thread and make it a group project...lol....PROJECT X!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: