Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Zendesk Chat  (Read 487 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« on: November 13, 2020, 04:26:16 AM »

Alright, so around 11/09 the little pop up window appeared. Confused since this wasn't a thing before I tried to avoid it but it kept opening chat/conversations even when I reallllly didn't want to. I found it impossible to exit out of completely, so I kept accidentally opening more and more tech support convos. Finally I gave up, and asked the interface how to close itself down. My response received was "it's a new feature added for direct support/questions, you can't close it permanently only minimize it". This kinda irked me a bit because it wont stop opening these requests still to this day without my trying to. Takes up space in my window visually, and now there is a banner ad at the bottom of the screen on top of it. Plus it loads on every page of the site... I get it, with holidays approaching advertising or customer support is great right? But not when I don't want/am not trying to get it currently. A setting to disable it until needed, placing it in the Contact Us section, or an X button to get rid of it would make me soooo happy. Not saying it's a bad idea, just a little too touchy for me... like a hair-trigger on my AR. I simply don't want it going off that easy.

Also, color me paranoid about it but it just showed up outta nowhere... So short of contacting US directly how am I to be sure this really is a representative from them chatting with me not some malware or scam? So here I am, to see if anyone else has encountered this little window, similar issues, or someone from US to say undeniably this is legit/ address or alleviate my concerns. I'm glad people may be getting paid to provide support (creating jobs maybe), it's potentially a faster direct route VS email, and my "support staff member" was pretty dang considerate/ patient/ helpful. Zrea or something close if I remember right? I just wanted confirmation before giving out even my email to whoever happened to be on the other end.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:58:47 PM »

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

Having said that, I have used the ZenDesk chat system on other sites, and I have had good results.  Do I know if UltraSabers has started using this?  Nope.  But keep in mind that if it’s not them, then it means their site has been hacked, because implementing that service would require a code change.  ZenDesk chat is a (fairly) common method for companies to use when offering customer service to their clientele. 

Yes, having that window pop up on every page can get annoying, and if you’re bouncing back and forth between pages because you’re comparing different items, you will close the conversation you were having, and you have to start a new one, and ask to be transferred back to the person you were talking to; it’s quite annoying when I’m still in the information-gathering stages.  I haven’t tried using different browsers while doing this, only different tabs within the same browser, so I’m not sure if that would work any better or not at keeping a conversation alive while viewing a different page.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
This is a group of UltraSabers customers and fans, not a way to reach UltraSabers customer service.  Nobody here works for UltraSabers.  We can give advice, but we can’t provide specific information about your order because we don’t have access to any of that information.

By this (group) you are referring to the forums correct? If so, then that much I gathered more or less already. I meant more who/what was this Zendesk craziness appearing outta left field. Yes the little window appears on every new freakin page. SO the problem remains, is this legit or a result of hacking? Without someone else confirming they are seeing it too, it makes me have to assume the latter... I was trying to avoid calling them over this, but might be the only "safe" way to be sure at this point.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 06:26:29 PM »

OK, so I just called their contact number on their site. Definitive answer, they ARE using Zendesk. It is legit, albeit something it'll take a little adjusting to on my part. Just posting this to alleviate any concerns that may have arisen from my initial post.  Have no fear, utilize Zendesk on the ultrasabers web site if you need customer support in real-time.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 06:59:40 PM »

Additional info, having messed around through trial and error, I found how to keep chat bubble minimized while navigating pages! Minimizing the chat window/bubble AND then also minimizing the banner ad section at the bottom of the screen keeps both locked in place. Extremely helpful realization for me personally.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: