Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about Recharge Ports  (Read 735 times)
Tekablade
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 17, 2020, 06:44:52 AM »

So I am getting a recharge port for one of me sabers and I had a question for all who can help me.

With each of the chargers that come with the Port, 0.2A and the 1.2A, how long does each take to charge a saber?

With a Diamond saber, should I still get the kill key for it?

Also as an bonus question. Does anyone have problems with the battery removal for the Mantis sabers? I was thinking I might also get a recharge port on this saber.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:36:19 PM »

I only use the 1.2A, but it's been some time that I had to charge a fully depleted saber. I think it was around 1.5h, but I might be wrong...

As for the kill keys, US doesn't offer that configuration anymore. It's possible to rewire a Recharge port to work with a kill key, but it's nothing US would do.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Atanvarno
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:16:23 AM »

a Full depleted battey is charged in about an hour, maybe an hour and a half with a 1.2 charger.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 04:21:52 PM »

I've liked the idea of "display lighting" sabers since I saw the concept used. I think I would agree that's a great reason for a recharge port. My question would then become does the setup work with batteries removed from the equation?  Ergo, in the rechargeable setup power is routed from charge port to battery device, and from there into saber LED, but with batteries removed from circuit, the connections are (theoretically) still complete. So does it break the current loop by removing the batteries, or has anyone tested this?  I just don't see any reason to dedicate/stress batteries unnecessarily if the circuit is complete without them...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »

So I am getting a recharge port for one of me sabers and I had a question for all who can help me.

Also as an bonus question. Does anyone have problems with the battery removal for the Mantis sabers? I was thinking I might also get a recharge port on this saber.

I have never had any problem removing batteries on my Mantis. They are fitted completely in the straight.

I've liked the idea of "display lighting" sabers since I saw the concept used. I think I would agree that's a great reason for a recharge port. My question would then become does the setup work with batteries removed from the equation?  Ergo, in the rechargeable setup power is routed from charge port to battery device, and from there into saber LED, but with batteries removed from circuit, the connections are (theoretically) still complete. So does it break the current loop by removing the batteries, or has anyone tested this?  I just don't see any reason to dedicate/stress batteries unnecessarily if the circuit is complete without them...

I haven 't tried running one without the batteries in it but it it does break the circuit you could always get some dummy cells to put in when running that way. They're basically battery shaped/sized jumper leads.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff