Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using a saber as a decorative light peice  (Read 574 times)
silverking
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 19, 2020, 02:26:52 PM »

I'm new to sabers. Im working on a nursery for my first child (woot woot!) And the wife and I are working on a star wars nursery. We are looking for a couple sabers with the charger port and no kill switch so that we can have the saber illuminating on the wall while plugged in and not running from batteries.

Does anyone else have any experience with this set up. I was once told that the voltage from the fast charger is more then the LEDs need and can make the LEDs burn out much faster. Does anyone know if there is truth to this? Should I get the modular LED chamber to swap LEDs out easier?

Thanks guys, you're awesome.

Tekablade
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 05:13:05 PM »

Congratulations. Do you know if it is going to be a boy or girl yet?

I did talk to someone from US about a charger myself and am getting a fast charger as it will keep the saber lit up, especially with sound. It should be great for white noise or background hums.

silverking
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »

Haha girl. Thank you. Sweet! Omg I didn't even think of the sound aspect! Wow that's such a good idea lol! You're the best! Ty

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »

The LEDs are resistored enough to allow use while plugged in. It's one of the reasons Ultrasabers can safely charge without a kill feature.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff