Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Modern Anakin Skywalker Ep III look  (Read 1528 times)
ModernAnakinSkywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« on: November 23, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »

This is not for a costume this is an every day outfit modern look with eveeyday clothes.NOT a costume

I wanted to put together an Anakin Skywalker look. I have tried a few but they never end up looking normal or stylist. I ended uo earing a henley with a cardigan, and black pleather vest, obi (yes that is their name) belt, black skinny jeams and black knee high boots, but it looked weird. Any recomondationa for a modern stylish Anakin ep III look?

Cloak (brown)
Under tunic (brown)
Overtunic (dark brown)
Tabards (black pleather)
Brown trousers
Brown belt
Brown boots

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »

Hi ModernAnakinSkywalker,

Are you looking to piece together the costume with individual parts from various places or would you consider a basic tunic set as a base to work from?

If you have the funds you can buy a decent (imo) base tunic set from a cosplay company named Cosplaysky. The base tunic (which has a fake inner tunic dickey attached), obi, tabards and pants aren't too bad but you might want to replace the belt and cloak. You would need to get boots as they aren't included. Here are a couple of pics and a video so you can see it.

Now the video is of the dark tan version but should give you an idea of what the quality is...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF__wINcRx4&amp;t=589s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF__wINcRx4&amp;t=589s</a>

I recently bought the sand beige and chocolate brown "Obi-Wan" version. You may  be able to find this (or very similar) on Amazon, I just bought direct so I knew who/where the costume was coming from. The costume costs $75.99 and you can check it out if you're interested using this link:

https://cossky.com/collections/star-wars-1/products/star-wars-anakin-skywalker-costume

I would also mention Far Far Away Outfitters on ETSY who sell individual pieces so you can mix and match.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFarAwayOutfitters?ref=shop_sugg

Just a few options to consider, hope it helps.

ModernAnakinSkywalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 12:31:54 PM »

Actually Im looking for a moderl every day outfit not the costume

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 12:36:55 PM »

Hi there,

Ah ok, I was just recommending the above based on the list of parts you included. My mistake.

ModernAnakinSkywalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 12:45:03 PM »

No prob! I already bave the replica costume!

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »

Hi there,

Ah ok, I was just recommending the above based on the list of parts you included. My mistake.
That's a cool idea. I actually made my Star Wars outfit using a lot of modern every-day clothing, with the upper body consisting of a long-sleeve compression turtleneck and a long cardigan cloak I cut the arms off of.

But if you're actually going for an Anakin inspired look, and wanted to use more modern, casual/fashionable items, maybe try a sleeveless shawl:

With a belt and/or obi, I'd imagine you'd be able to keep it partially closed and coming to a "V" at the belt/obi.

As for what you'd wear under it, I guess a non-tight fitting around the arms long-sleeve shirt that's the proper color would work. Maybe even one with a fairly deep V-neck? And under that you can wear another shorter V-neck t-shirt to show the proper layering, even if it's just layers on top of each other, not actually how Jedi robes would be.

I don't know what I'd do about the belt/obi, but a quick Google search for "men's fashion obi" came up with this thing:

Now, that one is close to $100 itself, but the general idea may give some ideas of what can fit the bill and still be considered "fashionable" or "modern."

As for pants, probably just the right color jeans, or whatever fabric/texture/etc. pants you like the most or go the best with the other materials you end up going with should work fine I'd think.

I also don't know about knee-high boots, but maybe a nice pair of mid-calf height boots would look better for casual wear here?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 03:10:13 PM »

You have to remember, Jedi Robes were not just clothes...but a uniform.  They were made to be utilitarian and comfortable.  They were made to allow freedom of movement for combat but also protect from the elements.  Bearing that in mind will help you decided on a look. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »

Well I will attempt to be a bit more helpful this time and bring this non costume top to your attention in case you haven't seen it. I found a top on ETSY that is being sold as a Jedi tunic but is all one piece. It does come in brown too. Anyway here are a few pics again and a link if you're interested in checking further:

Link to SkirtStar vendor on ETSY:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/246751316/jedi-costume-tunic-shirt-adult-white?ref=shop_home_active_13&crt=1

I think this top falls somewhere between costume and fashion.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:48 PM »

Well I will attempt to be a bit more helpful this time and bring this non costume top to your attention in case you haven't seen it. I found a top on ETSY that is being sold as a Jedi tunic but is all one piece. It does come in brown too. Anyway here are a few pics again and a link if you're interested in checking further:

Link to SkirtStar vendor on ETSY:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/246751316/jedi-costume-tunic-shirt-adult-white?ref=shop_home_active_13&crt=1

I think this top falls somewhere between costume and fashion.
That's actually really cool. And the price seems solid as well.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

ModernAnakinSkywalker
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 03:37:45 AM »

Actually I was looking not fir a costume but for what a mofern anakin would wear with normal clothes not a costume

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 04:06:53 AM »

Actually I was looking not fir a costume but for what a mofern anakin would wear with normal clothes not a costume

I think Tyeth was suggesting that the one-piece tunic he linked could bridge the gap between costume and regular clothing, although maybe you do still consider it too much for casual wear. But as Darth Tepes said, the Jedi uniform was more than just clothes for them, and served a purpose, both functionally and visually. So if you're asking what Anakin would wear in-universe casually at the time of Episode 3 if he wasn't wearing his Jedi uniform, then that's a different topic entirely, and likely just comes down to what did people his age wear in-universe at the time as casual clothing? But then that's not a "modern Anakin Skywalker Ep III look," it's a "what would Anakin Ep III look like wearing casual clothes" look, or "what casual clothes would Anakin Ep 3 wear?"

But maybe some of the things I referenced could help point you in the right direction, if nothing else. Good luckQ

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »

How about this for the "robe".

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T8876W4/ref=twister_B0829NWHHM?th=1

actually, a lot of the items that this company makes might fit your project

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 04:27:13 AM »

I have that black tunic, its not too too bad. I'd go a size up on those though especially for every day wear if that's the plan

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: