Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help identifying saber led  (Read 1290 times)
Grumpy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 24, 2020, 09:54:13 AM »

Hey everyone, I found an Ultrasaber at my local Goodwill the other day. The led doesn't work and the resistor is missing, so I can't figure out what to replace it with. I took it apart and there is an "R" written on the outside of the led housing. Can I assume that this stands for red, or is there another way to figure out without cannibalizing one of my other sabers?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:04:34 AM »

There are a lot of people good at this type of thing on the forum, so it might help if you add some pictures of the "internal components" for reference. Not an area of expertise for me, so this might help some of the pros answer your question.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 12:26:22 AM »

Pics.

PIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCSSSSSSS!!!!!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 03:10:56 PM »

Red usually means it is a red LED but if the resistor is missing too other things may have been done in there including a color change . You can check the color by snipping the wires, since you going to need to solder in the resistor anyway, far enough from the LED to press the ends of them to a button cell battery (like a cr2025 commonly used in key fob remotes.or any 3+ volt cell (lithium ion like in sound sabers or some cameras. For a few seconds a single cell will not overheat the LED, even red, enough to damage wi without a resistor.

If it is red or not and assuming a US Li-ion setup as 6.8ohm 3 watt resistor would be safe. They are available from mouser electronics for less than a quarter. That would be useable in any color although not at optimized brightness.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff