Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: David Prowse, our Lord Vader passes at age of 85  (Read 3198 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 08:38:08 PM »

Hi Darth Logos, some "individuals" decided it would be appropriate to bring UK politics onto the platform tribute page they posted on because of some of the views/opinions Mr Prowse expressed in the past year. It led to a few other people calling them out and setting the troll straight but they shouldn't have had to if the political comments hadn't been made in the first place.

It's the problem with "keyboard cowards" unfortunately - they're amonymous behind a screen.
That, IMO, is the biggest problem with the current world social climate; "I have an opinion, and if you don't agree with it, then you're evil and every other bad thing I can think to call you, and you need to die." I blame social media. It has profoundly overinflated the egos of multiple generations that truly have had too little life experience to know WTF is really going on. All from the safety of anonymity we call the internet.

In honor of the one who first taught us to Sith:

Keep Calm, and Hate Everyone.

That's what Vader did. That's how I do it. And it usually never fails.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Beeblebrox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -27

D.S.P.P. Dark Side Points Preferred.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:10 PM »

That, IMO, is the biggest problem with the current world social climate; "I have an opinion, and if you don't agree with it, then you're evil and every other bad thing I can think to call you, and you need to die." I blame social media. It has profoundly overinflated the egos of multiple generations that truly have had too little life experience to know WTF is really going on. All from the safety of anonymity we call the internet.

In honor of the one who first taught us to Sith:

Keep Calm, and Hate Everyone.

That's what Vader did. That's how I do it. And it usually never fails.

^^^Real talk, kids. Learn it, and be about it.^^^

I hate to just piggyback onto what someone else says, but when it's said so succinctly, I cant help it.  POINTS!!!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 09:59:23 AM »

RIP David Prowse. The actor behind the character that made me love cinema and science fiction ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 01:07:45 PM »

Thanks everyone for the great comments...points for the shares and philosophies!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 06:16:03 PM »

James Earl Jones may have given Vader his voice, but Prowse gave Vader his mannerisms and I would even say his personality; it's impossible to forget that first appearance in A New Hope, or his hand reaching out to Luke in Empire Strikes Back.  Here's hoping he rests easy now.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 08:34:14 PM »

James Earl Jones may have given Vader his voice, but Prowse gave Vader his mannerisms and I would even say his personality; it's impossible to forget that first appearance in A New Hope, or his hand reaching out to Luke in Empire Strikes Back.  Here's hoping he rests easy now.
Exactly. Without his performance giving life to the character, we'd have nothing but a great voice and the many moods of Vader

(But who am I kidding? Kristen Stewart could've given us the same thing without a mask. Roll Eyes)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »

Exactly. Without his performance giving life to the character, we'd have nothing but a great voice and the many moods of Vader

(But who am I kidding? Kristen Stewart could've given us the same thing without a mask. Roll Eyes)
-1 for the diss. But you'll have to wait tomorrow. I already -1ed you today.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 12:22:11 AM »

Totally agree

Undoubtedly a great actor.  Watching those films you never doubted Vader was what he was meant to be, imposing, menacing, domineering, they way he was physically played by Prowse made that work and blended so perfectly with the voice. considering the outfits size and restrictions it was a phenomenal effort, there was a lot of subtlety in some of the moments i remember most, e.g. when hurling objects at Luke on bespin lowering his blade, on Endor talking with Luke, and before the Emperor - heck even just standing up and blocking Han's blaster shots. He was the man who made those moments work visually and will be remembered for that so long as Star Wars as a cultural artefact continues.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

RyanKenobi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »

Ironically, Prowse's voice reminds me a lot of Rick Moranis's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

I wonder if that helped him to get the part in Space Balls?

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2020, 07:58:10 AM »

Ironically, Prowse's voice reminds me a lot of Rick Moranis's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

I wonder if that helped him to get the part in Space Balls?

This pic is awesome.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2020, 09:49:42 PM »

I forgot to add these in, seemed fitting and are great to listen to:

This one just seems appropriate for so many reasons...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZspunA4HlM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZspunA4HlM</a>

And this Sith Symphony has Vader's Funeral as a song within it. @ 2:45
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYy4sT4pPM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYy4sT4pPM</a>

Lucas King made some great mixes of SW music on youtube, after listening I'm a fan.

This one is the best, and adding it just for the hell of it... Classic example of the man himself in action.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDGZOgUHmI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDGZOgUHmI</a>

P.S. You have taught me well ForTyeth, a success born of your tutelage. Always appreciate it, thanks.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: