Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Saber Suggestions!  (Read 589 times)
JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: December 01, 2020, 01:56:24 AM »

Hey forum!

I am thinking that I will finally pull the plug on a diamond saber! I am super pumped, but I am not sure which hilt to get. I want it to be perfect, you know? I am thinking the Arbiter, but I have read that it is a really long hilt. But isn't it four parts and detachable? I am a big person for spinning more than dueling, because I don't usually have anyone to duel with, so I want a saber that is going to be great for spinning. If the hilt is going to hit my wrist every time I spin it, maybe the Arbiter isn't the best. I am only 5' 8" and prefer the 32' blade, so maybe a 14" hilt isn't good? I have the Savior which is pretty long too. I don't know. I am no expert...just a big time saber fan. All you people who know stuff and things, this one's for you!

Can't wait to hear all the suggestions!!  Grin

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 02:18:51 AM »

Hi there BluJay6,

I am by far no expert on spinning but I do know that the Arbiter's size may not be such an issue. It depends on the balance of the hilt and blade length/type.

I can't offer much advice but a long time forum member and Master (though he doesn't post much or visit here often anymore) named Darth Nonymous used a modified Arbiter in his video series and here is the tutorial he made on Soresu basics using the Arbiter.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuRYp3l1UhQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuRYp3l1UhQ</a>

OK, it's not true choreographed spinning as such but it does show off the agility of the saber. - i.e. It shouldn't keep hitting you if you have good technique! Hope this helps.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:00:41 PM »

You may want to also consider that Catalyst for spinning!!! That smooth skinny neck is incredibly choked and makes for fast powerful techniques.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »

Thanks! I will think about the Catalyst. It's a beautiful saber!!!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: