Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber Prototype - War Glaive  (Read 35442 times)
zach skywalker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »

How much mooola will it be as a stunt saber. Reminds me of ultimate sith starkiller

Yoda"Try not do or do not"
Luke"You want the imposible"

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 06:51:57 PM »

My jaw perminantly resides on the floor. Shocked

Super wicked saber! Will it have a pommel coupler? I'm saving up for it now.

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Darth_Greyloch
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »

It will be mine.... oh yes, it will be mine.

Dammit, my bank account is going to hate me this year. Between this and the Dark Standard Issue Staff.... oh, and imagine this in staff form, wouldn't that be cool. Too much good stuff. Of course, that's like saying too much fun.

Proud owner of: Phantom V2 (Fire Orange)
& Standard Issue (Adegan Silver)
Reviews: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=51.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=402.0

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »

@Caine:  Well... I was a little disappointed by the lack of clawed sabers when I looked through the store my first time.  But now... now we have the Glaive.

Saiyanhikari
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »

CLAWS?! CLAWS?!
I don't care what it's called, those claws are BA.
DO want. I am waiting until those things go on sale and bam.

Sabers owned:
Obi-Wan Kenobi MR Force FX
Phantom Initiate Adegan Silver (now defunct)
RGB Jedi Shock (being rebuilt by Ultrasabers)
Dark Standard Initiate Red (Dual)

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 09:22:04 PM »

Ooh, I WANT this! Black anodizing with silver claws would look sick, any way to make that an option? And count me in for a staff coupler too!
Hmm..Black and silver with the new arctic ice colour might look oh-so-very sweet!

Ronin
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -1

Guardian Without Question

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »

Yeah I agree with Amanita, the claws and hilt should be offered with different options, because a black hilt with silver claws, or vise versa would really make them pop.

Single claw = Dooku...

Dominix V2 - R|G|B| -FIXED Cheesy
Prophecy - Consular Green
Light Phantom Initate - Gaurdian Blue (little bro's)

zepik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 01:14:55 AM »

k seriously guys you need to stop spending all my money Tongue  That thing's gonna be insane in black.

Ultrasabers Liberator V2 - Blazing Red
Ultrasabers Prophecy V2 - Sun Riders Destiny
Ultrasabers Redemption - Guardian Blue
Ultrasabers Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue

Torinn Zoler
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 15

Protector of the Plains

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 02:40:14 AM »

Very nice!!! I'm really likin' the resonance on this thing. Cheesy

Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 02:42:42 AM »

I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here, I'm prepared for the backlash...

I think the claws stick out way to much. Different strokes for different folks right.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 02:47:41 AM »

I understand, Wolfen.  It's definitely not a saber made for mass appeal.  It has to resonate with a particular kind of person.  I happen to be that kind of person which why I made those imposing, badass claws.  Grin

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 03:33:51 AM »

Ooh, I WANT this! Black anodizing with silver claws would look sick, any way to make that an option? And count me in for a staff coupler too!
Hmm..Black and silver with the new arctic ice colour might look oh-so-very sweet!

You read my mind, Amy.  I was thinking of an LE version of this saber with nickel plated claws, black anodized body, silver vertical grips cut in afterwards, and a nickel plated pommel.  I was also thinking of offering some other LE body colors, like maybe blood red, or midnight blue.  Of course, we will likely offer a regular "Dark" version of it with just raw aluminum claws, raw aluminum pommel, and black anodized body which would cost less.

And to put everyone's fears at rest, this will not be some super expensive saber, it will be on par with our other multi-piece sabers like the Bane, Shock, Arbiter and Catalyst and there will be a stunt version that you can always upgrade to sound later.

It has always been my goal to get more people into our little hobby by making high quality sabers at bargain prices.  I have not compromised one bit on that goal.

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »

Nice! I hope sound is offered like the Bane, an optional extra, as opposed to the rattlesnake, where sound was included by default. Because that limited edition with nickel plating sounds SWEET. Hella sweet. But I never use sound. One, it's expensive (For $150 I could get a second saber instead), and two- I often use my sabers when cosplaying in public, and I've been growled at before, for using a saber with sound. Somebody pretty much ordered me to turn it off because the sound annoyed them.
I wonder if the aluminum finish on the final version will be smoother? More along the lines of the Shock, perhaps? The prototype looks more like the Liberator's no frills finish.

BTW- in regards to sweet sabers at great prices, I think I might have gotten you guys some more customers. In a discussion on www.cosplay.com, I posted a link to the plastic-hilted phantom, and immediately several people started raving over the price. So I told them about the metal version, which is only a little more expensive, and how you guys are in the habit of creating great props at great prices. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them actually end up buying:)

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 05:08:57 AM »

Ultra adding multiple compatible 'claws' to your line-up will make you tons of money!  Some may want them big, some small. Plus being able to mix and match different ones would be a really cool and simple way to customize a saber. Having a large pommel is also smart to balance the weight. Very impressive! Didn't see this coming at all!

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »

Love it. I think the design of the saber itself is great. And also interested that it is MHS compatible. Very interested to see what other claw designs you have up your sleeves. Sold me on the windows on the side of the emitter. Now a yellow saber...uh....saber overload for me. I like the extra grip on the bottom of the hilt as well. The one thing I always loved about the Luke ROTJ is the metal grip. Feels great on the hands and for sure does not make me lose it. Think this may be my first saber with official sound when you offer it up. Also, think you need the Ip Man soundtrack more too  Cool

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: