Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Sith WIP  (Read 30009 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2021, 04:16:36 PM »

not nice on the -1 point…I haven't weatherd them yet! They're far too clean still
I just meant Dark Side VS Light point, an attempt to distinguish which was being awarded... Not a legitimate "counter point" to your collective total, rather one more "minus" into the total negativity (Dark Side streak) you already have going. I'm just trying to praise how Dark aligned this creation is to me.

But, I think they look great even without electronics installed. If you had worked a functional electro-shield into the design I'd be first in line pre-ordering my pair from you right now. They are too cool, no unfavorable judgements here.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2021, 06:54:09 PM »

I just meant Dark Side VS Light point, an attempt to distinguish which was being awarded... Not a legitimate "counter point" to your collective total, rather one more "minus" into the total negativity (Dark Side streak) you already have going. I'm just trying to praise how Dark aligned this creation is to me.

But, I think they look great even without electronics installed. If you had worked a functional electro-shield into the design I'd be first in line pre-ordering my pair from you right now. They are too cool, no unfavorable judgements here.
I'd be down for a functional energy/deflector/elecro-shield. Hell, I'd settle for a less high-tech shield gauntlet like Kratos had in the 2018 God of War, where it looks like a gauntlet/bracer when not in use, but can activate to form a shield when needed.

I wonder if something like that would be doable. I'd imagine in real life it would have to be bulkier to hold what I assume would have to be multiple layers/levels that somehow fold or spring out to form the "shield?" But that would be pretty cool if someone could make it work. Sorry for going off topic though.

Great work mrg. It's really progressing nicely!

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2021, 04:06:37 PM »

***UPDATE***

Weathering completed! Not sure if it transfers in the pics or not...

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2021, 06:04:09 PM »

True, it's probably not transferring the actual effect as it should. It's a bit more apparent to my eye in the top photo and I think the reflective nature/glossiness of the paint is less conducive to "us seeing" the look fully. Maybe a youtube display linked over to here would showcase it better than stills would? Idk, and maybe that's a lot to ask in effort. I can pretty much see the more-so greyed areas where you distressed them. I think it "rubbed off" some of the paint layers to basically show the base coloring again? I mean it looks good as far as adding "some wear and tear" goes, and it's a cool addition of the little "warning symbols". I still say they look pretty great, job well done. On second glance they do look a bit tarnished and less of that "right out of the box feel".

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2021, 04:11:53 AM »

Still, looking very good

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2021, 06:16:59 PM »

**UPDATE**

I DECLARE THESE BRACERS COMPLETED!

THEY ARE TIIIIGHT with just my compression shirt on...egad! They are also a pain to put on with one arm at a time :-D

BUT...they look awesome...IMHO!

I wanted to put on the outfit so far but I ended up rage-quitting the exercise as I didn't have enough time or hands. I am regretting some choices in my outfit as the tunic arms are super wide and I end up fighting them to get the bracers on. The obi it came with is its own giant PITA as well as it is a bit shorter than it should be. Annoying!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2021, 10:29:43 PM »

Color me impressed. They look complete, and completely awesome, to me. I suppose that, as a Sith, you can always have one of your underlings help you put them on.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2021, 03:45:11 AM »

Color me impressed. They look complete, and completely awesome, to me. I suppose that, as a Sith, you can always have one of your underlings help you put them on.

Thanks…now imma need some Underlings! Being bad is expensive!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:14 AM »

Most impressive.
Most impressive indeed.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2021, 03:57:05 AM »

Thanks…now imma need some Underlings! Being bad is expensive!

Go find a planet with aliens to conquer? Forced labor = no payment required all profit...

If that's too difficult or distasteful, find "volunteers" willing to serve without pay, nonprofit SW fans perhaps locally?

(wait I see an alternative possible solution, there is a ring on a finger... Samurai used to have spouses assist them in donning their armor before battle due to the complexity on occasion, so maybe some requests could be made/negotiated for?)

At any rate, they are excellent, let the anger they inspire fuel you somehow. Or perhaps that is a mere side effect of a perfect Sith design process? Either way, well done.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:54 AM »

Go find a planet with aliens to conquer? Forced labor = no payment required all profit...

If that's too difficult or distasteful, find "volunteers" willing to serve without pay, nonprofit SW fans perhaps locally?

(wait I see an alternative possible solution, there is a ring on a finger... Samurai used to have spouses assist them in donning their armor before battle due to the complexity on occasion, so maybe some requests could be made/negotiated for?)

At any rate, they are excellent, let the anger they inspire fuel you somehow. Or perhaps that is a mere side effect of a perfect Sith design process? Either way, well done.
For a second there I thought you were going to suggest he have kids so they could help him put on his armor eventually. Playing the long game is something the Sith are quite familiar with, after all.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2021, 05:00:04 AM »

For a second there I thought you were going to suggest he have kids so they could help him put on his armor eventually. Playing the long game is something the Sith are quite familiar with, after all.

Oh you know me all too well, the thought DID cross my mind. But if conscripting individuals meets with ill response or is frowned upon (because I'm hesitating to say the S word even in jest), creating life to serve is probably worse... although I know it to be an old world mentality, and many people's idea of a "retirement plan"/senior care. But wow, that's pretty Dark Side in my opinion... "I created you, now you serve me/contribute and will until my death" family can be dark though.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2021, 10:40:32 PM »

you guys are too much :-D

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2021, 11:04:13 PM »

Thanks! Doesn't it feel great having fans?   Grin

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2021, 03:24:09 AM »

Thanks! Doesn't it feel great having fans?   Grin

Acolytes and sycophants…No Sith hould be without them ;-)

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: