Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Sith WIP  (Read 29967 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2021, 01:04:05 PM »

I think I'm returning the tunic I bought. The sizing just doesn't fit right. II'll probably end up with a short sleeved tunic from FFAO on Etsy instead. This means some more of the red compression shirt will show around the elbows and the bracers may fit a little better overall. I'm really debating on including the shoulder armor or not

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2021, 11:33:49 PM »

I think I'm returning the tunic I bought. The sizing just doesn't fit right. II'll probably end up with a short sleeved tunic from FFAO on Etsy instead. This means some more of the red compression shirt will show around the elbows and the bracers may fit a little better overall. I'm really debating on including the shoulder armor or not
I think that's a good call. If it doesn't fit right, while you're still working on the look it's probably best to make sure you're pleased with every piece. I'm sure some more red showing could be a nice accent and touch to the overall look. You have shoulder armor made already, or it's something you're considering making/adding now?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2021, 01:28:50 AM »

I'd say heck yeah, challenge yourself a bit more and give yourself a new project to work on... worst case scenario if you don't like it or stop liking the overall look of it when you finish, then just shelve it. If you make them and find them awkward to wear or don't like the look with your outfit, they can just be a display piece. I just say more armor is always better to have lying around, just incase you feel like wearing it.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2021, 03:12:29 AM »

The armor would be another build Sir Lift. I have a picture of my intended idea in my first post of this thread. I may simplify it. The original plan is to incorporate a rotj luke-style cloak with that armor or something like it. I'm just running up against my limitations in building thus far. I figure that this is all prelude to putting my helmet build together so I can really knock that out in style.

Through victory my chains will be broken…

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2021, 04:23:19 AM »

The armor would be another build Sir Lift. I have a picture of my intended idea in my first post of this thread. I may simplify it. The original plan is to incorporate a rotj luke-style cloak with that armor or something like it. I'm just running up against my limitations in building thus far. I figure that this is all prelude to putting my helmet build together so I can really knock that out in style.

Through victory my chains will be broken…

Indeed, Through Passion, you gain strength.

I took a peek back at that link you'd posted... that shoulder armor is savage as it gets. It reminds me of Piccolo or teen Gohan in style, but ultra Dark Side. Any variation of that would be epic as HFIL. You do whatever you desire, but dang if that isn't a crazy nasty concept! Best of luck with whatever you decide, and as always May the Force serve you well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2021, 03:17:05 AM »

yeah, that shoulder armor looks pretty sweet in-game. I am just struggling to get it to make sense IRL

I had some fun today making a paper version of Evil Ted's basic helmet to get a sense of the size. I may need to get the large version

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »

***UPDATE***

On to the next thing.

Decided to get the basic helmet put together. So...it begins again!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2021, 05:16:43 PM »

Yep, some things are always the same, no matter how much you try...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3Y6uw6FtU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3Y6uw6FtU</a>

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2021, 06:47:30 PM »

This is the direction I want to take (just the helmet)

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2021, 02:31:50 AM »

This is the direction I want to take (just the helmet)

That's a sweet look overall. Elegant yet intimidating. But isn't that "just" a Kendo mask? Not "just" as in downplaying it's awesomeness of course.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2021, 03:39:15 AM »

yeah pretty much a kendo mask but this is the look I'm after. I will try and break it up a bit with some details though.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2021, 03:55:29 AM »

yeah pretty much a kendo mask but this is the look I'm after. I will try and break it up a bit with some details though.
It's a good look for sure! Always looking forward to seeing the evolution of your gear.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2021, 03:43:59 PM »

As far as helmets go... after playing Fallen order not only did I want to buy a Fallen but additionally I'd love to eventually make an Inquisitor cosplay, but finding/making that helmet. Ugh, difficult or expensive I'll bet. But I'm feeling it'd be worth it.

Just saw one for $60 ish but the lusterous one is closer to $100.

I also highly recommend NOT searching for it or pictures related! Since knowing the internet it'd be somehow SPOILER-TASTIC to anyone who hasn't played JtFO. Since related links and things are nonsensically bad... Google is evil for this kind of thing. "Oh you wanted this specific result? Here's EVERYTHING even vaguely related... Terrible. Hence why I provided some sample images instead. It's just a good looking helmet! My preferred one of the ones shown in game.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2021, 08:08:14 PM »

yup...a pretty sweet design and it WOULD be hard to do in EVA

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »

yup...a pretty sweet design and it WOULD be hard to do in EVA
Apparently the top design IS a model of EVA foam and based off a design I found being sold on Etsy. So, apparently do-able. Tempting, but I'd probably just break down and buy a beautiful and wearable model, unless I wanted to make a weathered looking version. I mean something about that mirror finish just gets me, but I could certainly live with one I made myself and have some serious pride in that too. Decisions decisions. Just hope your own toiling is proving fruitful/beneficial.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: