Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Sith WIP  (Read 30529 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2021, 03:43:32 AM »

Apparently the top design IS a model of EVA foam and based off a design I found being sold on Etsy. So, apparently do-able. Tempting, but I'd probably just break down and buy a beautiful and wearable model, unless I wanted to make a weathered looking version. I mean something about that mirror finish just gets me, but I could certainly live with one I made myself and have some serious pride in that too. Decisions decisions. Just hope your own toiling is proving fruitful/beneficial.

pretty much anything is possible with eva and I do like the satisfaction of building stuff myself.

currently I am trying to settle on design elements for my own build and procuring some additional items. Also looking into ideas for my shoulders&neck

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2021, 04:47:24 AM »

pretty much anything is possible with eva and I do like the satisfaction of building stuff myself.

currently I am trying to settle on design elements for my own build and procuring some additional items. Also looking into ideas for my shoulders&neck

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

As for shoulders and neck, I saw a cool design for some Sith Acolyte pauldrons. You could always go with a different logo if you wanted as well, or a slightly different shape as well. Or a multiple-part pauldron that also covers some or all of the upper arm. Perhaps even something like Starkiller's pauldron, which you could mirror for both sides with either design if you want more armor and a more symmetrical look:

And there's other pieces of armor I think they made for their outfit:
http://mynocksden.com/projects/sith-acolyte/

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2021, 02:04:45 PM »

Ok that's a pretty dang good Starkiller... But I enjoy the vibes of the "casual Friday" Sith mashup.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2021, 03:07:00 PM »

Ok that's a pretty dang good Starkiller... But I enjoy the vibes of the "casual Friday" Sith mashup.

Sith Casual Friday sounds like fun. His full outfit is sweet though:

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2021, 03:47:42 AM »

oh wow! those were both nice ideas! love the sith logo piece as it is both simple and bold.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2021, 07:10:10 PM »

***UPDATE***

Did some work on the neck-seal which will also be integrated into the shoulder armor. I still have to put the bottom piece of this on but it went together quite well (Just don't tell Tony Stark...)

I also need to hit it with the heat gun and do some filling before sealing it and painting it. However...looks sweet so far imho!

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2021, 03:20:20 AM »

That's looking very, very nice. Looking forward to seeing the continued progress! It's great to see custom pieces and a unique look. It really gives it character.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2021, 12:32:10 PM »

Thanks guys! I swear, I'm just pilfering other costumes for pieces and combining them.

Here is the "completed" neck seal. I'm looking into adding some details and then figuring out how to design some shoulder bits to attach to it....ugh! more math.

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2021, 03:19:34 AM »

I can honestly say thatchaving to build my items is a slog. The worst of it is my lack of skill and know how. I can see the items in my head but have difficulty translating them into the real world. My helmet has met with some setbacks and I haven't quite figured out my shoulder armor.  However , iI'll ave pics of my neck seal tomorrow to share… le sigh

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2021, 03:54:50 AM »

I can honestly say thatchaving to build my items is a slog. The worst of it is my lack of skill and know how. I can see the items in my head but have difficulty translating them into the real world. My helmet has met with some setbacks and I haven't quite figured out my shoulder armor.  However , iI'll ave pics of my neck seal tomorrow to share… le sigh
Looking forward to seeing it. When you do figure it all out, it will be that much more satisfying, and have a story and meaning behind it.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2021, 04:56:58 AM »

Welcome more so into the "art" side of it. It's a constant burden to figure out how to actualize your envisioned piece in a functional product. Especially when you have to find ways to fit within it, open/close/don it, and make it look good too. And if you don't have like a wire mesh mannequin to build on or something it's odd at times getting shapes right without a blueprint. I know that struggle from trying to work on projects several times. Keep at it!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »

Welcome more so into the "art" side of it. It's a constant burden to figure out how to actualize your envisioned piece in a functional product. Especially when you have to find ways to fit within it, open/close/don it, and make it look good too. And if you don't have like a wire mesh mannequin to build on or something it's odd at times getting shapes right without a blueprint. I know that struggle from trying to work on projects several times. Keep at it!

Can you hit up the local thrift store and see if they have a dressmaker’s dummy you can buy?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2021, 03:11:43 PM »

Thanks guys! I swear, I'm just pilfering other costumes for pieces and combining them.

Here is the "completed" neck seal. I'm looking into adding some details and then figuring out how to design some shoulder bits to attach to it....ugh! more math.

This is nice. But it gives me an odd Goa'uld vibe and now I wanna see a full jaffa armor wielding a lightspear...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

**UPDATE**

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »

This is nice. But it gives me an odd Goa'uld vibe and now I wanna see a full jaffa armor wielding a lightspear...

I feel like Jaffa would use Saberstaffs or possibly saber pikes since they closely mirror their staff weapon fighting techniques, but yeah a spear would also do it. Point for the reference in general though, Teal'c is like what a reformed/reclaimed Vader would have been in infamy and purpose for sure. There is also something horrifying about legions of Jaffa wielding lightsabers cruelly wiping out populations for the Go'auld (that'd be remarkably Sith). Still Master Bra'tac ftw...

I also see the comparison a bit now with Jaffa battle armor, but I liked the "finished" product of the neck piece before the reference was made. It looks pretty clean and simple when worn, and like it'll mesh with an outfit and mask well. It does give a good Dark Side vibe, and will likely compliment the bracers for sure. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: