Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Sith WIP  (Read 29966 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2021, 12:08:29 AM »

Hi there mrg149 and DarthProdigal,

That neck seal looks darn impressive and much more solid than some that I have seen for sale online (I have seen neck gaiters for Stormtroopers that look like they're made from those flexible exhaust hoses for washing machines!).

And in regards to Goa'uld/Jaffa weaponry - they did in fact have a staff weapon namely a "Ma-Tok" but IIRC it was more of a regular staff with a blaster style laser weapon installed in the snake headpiece. I built a "lightsaber replica" of it back in 2016 but again I can't show it here as I used "other guys" technology. However here is a photo of the Ma-Tok I used as reference.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2021, 03:09:46 AM »

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes! Just ddon't ell Tony Stark that I pilfered his MK 4 neckseal.

BTW the pattern was found for free as a pepakura file (actually it's the whole dang suit) & i wrestled it together fairly easily. I'll lap a matte coat on it yet and iit'll e done.

Next step is to try and salvage my helmet build…otherwise iit's ack to the drawing board.

I'm testing out some techniques on an alternative bracer build…more on that later.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2021, 03:31:53 AM »

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes! Just don't ell Tony Stark that I pilfered his MK 4 neckseal.

Oh yeah, it's for sure heavily patent protected in that case, but don't worry... it's not like he can litigate against you. And I mean Stark Industries must have better things to do too. Heck if Stark demolished the majority of his own hardware what's the worry about you using an "obsolete" model? Good job repurposing it for the Sith. I approve!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2021, 07:14:06 AM »

Hi there mrg149 and DarthProdigal,

That neck seal looks darn impressive and much more solid than some that I have seen for sale online (I have seen neck gaiters for Stormtroopers that look like they're made from those flexible exhaust hoses for washing machines!).

And in regards to Goa'uld/Jaffa weaponry - they did in fact have a staff weapon namely a "Ma-Tok" but IIRC it was more of a regular staff with a blaster style laser weapon installed in the snake headpiece. I built a "lightsaber replica" of it back in 2016 but again I can't show it here as I used "other guys" technology. However here is a photo of the Ma-Tok I used as reference.

Interesting! I'd love to see your work somewhere.
@DarthProdigal, yeah, a pike would do to!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2021, 08:27:41 AM »

Interesting! I'd love to see your work somewhere.
@DarthProdigal, yeah, a pike would do to!

Hello DarthRondoudou and Prodigal,

Thanks guys and I have sent you both links to my site in your PM inbox ok!

And @mrg149, I wouldn't worry about Iron Man/Tony Stark - I'm on good terms with him as I built this for him... Cool

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »

Side project....

Tried a different design for bracers...Here is a look

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2021, 11:11:11 PM »

That is also a good style, I like that design very much as well. It's got a clean elegance. And now I suppose that means you'll have two sets to alternate between as desired.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2021, 03:43:36 AM »

The end result is two different pairs of bracers but this was mostly just to test a few ideas out and practice building skills with the eva foam.

The helmet build is kicking my rump and not going well…the bracer was an easy win

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2021, 07:45:36 PM »

**UPDATE**

Side project....

Tried a different design for bracers...Here is a look

These look FANTASTIC Mrg!!

How long did it take you to do each of these?

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2021, 12:58:26 AM »

Those bracers look incredible. Congratulations on a job well done.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2021, 03:08:03 AM »

The bracers are literally 4 pieces and some velcro. They didn't take long at all (I only finished 1 of 2 so far)

These were a free pattern from stormthecastle.com and I left out some detail (read: forgot) & did it in 4mm foam instead of 2mm. I used this to test usin Mod Podge as a sealer instead of plasti dip. Nice but it cracks on moving/flexing parts.

Paint was a glossy hammered pewter spray paint (I wish I used the hammered black though as theses are rather silvery). Weathered with brown and black acrylics and sealed with a finale matte coat to knock the sheen down. I need to finish the other one still.

Thanks for the love!

P.S. - I think I really borked my helmet build  Cry but I'm fighting through it and trying to salvage something out of it…I've almost trashed it several times but can't quite do it.

I knew I should have payed more attention in math class…

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2021, 03:07:53 AM »

ok…I am finishing up that 2nd bracer I was playing around with.

…& things went a bit awry. 1) the fit was a bit more wonky (despite using the exact same pattern. 2) My spray paint can wet the bed and so the paint came out differently (the "hammered" paint is weird to begin with and has some black undertones to it) so it has a darker and dirtier sheen than the first. I will attempt to rectify this with some acrylics on the O.G. version. 3) When I put this one together, I just realized that the velcro side is THE SAME on both bracers despite my attempt to make a clear right and left bracer.SERIOUSLY?!?

In thend, They should still look decent.

…in other news: My attempt to make some better looking pouches for my Jedi outfit went well until I started sealing the foam with my mod podge and thus my paint looks butt-like and I don't think it will get to the "faux leather" look I was hoping for

Such are the trials of this builder…May the Force have mercy

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2021, 07:48:11 AM »

Such are the trials of this builder…May the Force have mercy

That is horrifying overall, well we both know how mercilessly the Force toys with lives and even destinies at will. Your efforts will be rewarded given time, but no guarantees of your sanity surviving exist... Making you all the more fearsome by Sith standards. For what is more terrible than a Sith? One driven mad by research and efforts to craft things. Project "cursed armor" seems to be going quite well according to the will of the Dark Side. Much anger and despair has been produced, and woven into the product. Glad to see you toughing it out! That shall make it far more rewarding when ultimately finished. Plus all the armor pieces will have a good story behind them.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2021, 05:02:20 PM »

Well, I think I saved the bracers minus the stupid brain-fart with the velcro....

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2021, 08:09:52 PM »

UPDATE:

I'm trying to save this helmet...but it's kinda ugly so far...

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: