Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH, THE MUSICAL  (Read 3256 times)
mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« on: December 23, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »

Ok,

So here is a little game that I figured would be fun to try. With Broadway closed at this time, there are no musicals really being performed. So, why not stage our own! The game goes like this:

You are tasked with helping to create a screen-to-stage musical adaptation of Episode III (I chose this because I had some ideas floating in my head). Using the basic structure of the movie here (https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/movie-storystructure/star-wars-revenge-sith/) you are free to develop a playlist of songs (I am going to share a playlist on Spotify) that will be included in the adaptation. You are free to select songs (well known or otherwise) that flesh out characters thoughts, actions, feelings just like in any musical. There is no right or wrong way of doing this and you are free to explain any choices or modifications to songs. (ex. This song will be a duet between Anakin and Padme, etc.) This should be a fun way to explore Star Wars and music, two of my most favoritest things!

IF you would like to suggest more structure or ideas, feel free or you can just tell me this is the dumbest thing you've heard of. This is fun for all! Now, LIGHTS! MUSIC! CURTAIN! ACTION!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 04:05:58 PM »

It's taken me some time to work through this and it is still not quite completed.

First, here's the Spotify playlist to accompany the following: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1MCTl7ipzLR0vAWb765aF1?si=80319de2073c481b

NOTES: Songs are denoted with a * and follow with the singer/version. I have indicated in parentheses who is singing and any additional information. Keep this in mind as you listen as it will help understand the intention. I am happy to get your feedback and maybe some alternate suggestions or songs to fill the empty spots I haven't figured out yet.

...and without further ado, My current version of Episode III - The Musical

=====A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...=====

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - The Musical

Inciting Event: Anakin saves Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Palpatine goads him into killing Count Dooku in anger (sending him farther down the path of the Dark Side) instead of turning him in for justice (this also eliminates Darth Sidious’s frenemy Dooku as a rival and opens the way for Anakin to become the new Sith apprentice).

==

After this victory, Anakin finds out his wife is pregnant and becomes obsessed with nightmares of her dying in childbirth.

* "Not Broken Anymore" Blue October (Duet between Anakin and Padme)
==

First Plot Point: Anakin is assigned by the Jedi Order to spy on Palpatine. The Jedi suspect him of conspiracy. Anakin is angry at this, since Palpatine has become an encouraging mentor to him, while Anakin’s actual master, Obi-Wan, has become a thorn in his side.

==

First Pinch Point: Anakin discovers Palpatine is actually Darth Sidious, the mysterious Sith lord who has been manipulating the Republic. Anakin reports him to the Jedi Council, but is conflicted over losing his chance to save his wife, who he is now certain will die in childbirth unless Sidious teaches him Darth Plagueis’s secrets of life and death.

* "Arms Wide Open" Jencarlos (Reworked as a creepy song of manipulation sung by Anakin and Palpatine/Sideous)
==

Midpoint: Jedi Master Mace Windu confronts Palpatine, attempting to take him alive, but Palpatine escalates the situation to a life-or-death struggle. Anakin wants to know the secret of Darth Plagueis too much to let Palpatine die, so he aids him. Palpatine kills Windu.

* "What Have I Done" Dermot Kennedy (sung by Anakin)
==

Anakin then pledges full allegiance to Palpatine/Sidious, who gives him the Sith apprentice name Darth Vader and orders him to wipe out all the Jedi in the temple, including the younglings. Anakin/Vader does so, then proceeds to the Mustafar planetary system to eliminate the Separatist enemies of the Republic, on Sidious’ orders.

* "Rise" Fame on Fire (Anakin)
==

Second Pinch Point: Darth Sidious gives the command to execute Order 66, which triggers implanted bio-chips in the Republic’s clone army. They turn on their Jedi commanders and kill them all. Within minutes, the Jedi Order is completely wiped out, leaving only a few survivors scattering for refuge.

* "Run Baby Run" The Rigs (Sideous in a seriously creepy moment as Order 66 plays out)
==

Anakin’s wife Padmé goes to Mustafar. Obi-Wan stows away secretly in order to stop Anakin and kill him if necessary. Padmé does not believe he could have turned to evil.

==

Yoda stays behind to fight Sidious, who converts the Republic into a totalitarian regime, a Galactic Empire, in one maneuver, and manages to fight off Yoda, forcing him into exile.

==

Third Plot Point: Anakin uses his powers in anger, believing Padmé betrayed him when Obi-Wan shows up behind her. She is choked unconscious by the attack, and Obi-Wan gives Anakin one last chance. Anakin refuses.

* "Run to You" Lacey Sturm (Padme, Obi-Wan, Anakin)
==

Climax: Obi-Wan fights Anakin across an industrial facility on Mustafar.

* "Demons" Chris Daughtry, Jencarlos (Duet between Anakin and Obi-Wan as they clash)
==

Climactic Moment: The battle culminates in a devastating defensive maneuver by Obi-Wan, which almost completely destroys Anakin’s body. Obi-Wan leaves him for dead, grieving the loss of his friend and apprentice.

* "Run to You" (Reprise) Lacey Sturm (Obi-Wan)
==

Resolution: Padmé dies after giving birth to twins, Luke and Leia. It is unclear what causes her death, as all her vital signs appear normal.

* "Remember Me" Chris Mann (Padme to twins, Obi-Wan, Yoda)
==

Anakin is recovered by Sidious, who saves his life by entombing his body in the mechanical apparatus and mask we know as the face of Darth Vader. Sidious reveals Padmé’s death to Anakin/Vader, wording it as if Vader had killed her, and Vader cries out in anguish.

* "Bring Me to Life" Chris Daughtry (Darth Vader, Palpatine)
==

Vader stands at Sidious’s side, overseeing the construction of the first Death Star, which will terrorize the galaxy.

* "The Sound of Silence" Disturbed (Darth Vader)
==
Luke and Leia are sent to separate, nearly opposite worlds. Leia is to be raised as royalty on the verdant planet Alderaan, under the care of Senator Bail Organa, who helped save Obi-Wan and Yoda during Order 66. Luke is sent to Anakin’s relatives, to be raised on a moisture farm on the desert planet Tatooine.

==End==

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 10:57:59 PM »

Fantastic concept, definitely need to check this out!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: