Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dueling with Three Blades  (Read 9264 times)
TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2021, 09:16:19 AM »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the info! It's appreciated and I very likely will cobble something together in the future for fun. I'm sure I'll make some purchases with some Free Initiates eventually that I might be able to work with or possibly a specific order because I love the "older model" initiates in appearance anyway. Now that I know there is a V2 coupler for saberstaff creation as well... It's on the agenda eventually, this makes for a more options to work with. I love so heavily exotic looking or functioning weaponry across the board, but lightsabers just have that extra WOW factor.

You're welcome!  Like you, I also enjoy a bit of unorthodox in my arsenal, and although it isn't really touted as such, I think the affordability and design of the Initiate v2s really lend to their potential for personalization!

Very cool. Could you glue some spare pommels into the "holder" and then screw the sabers into place for a duel-ready setup?

In all honesty, I do not know simply because I do not have any spare pommels to try it with.  If I am correctly understanding what you are suggesting, I think Galef may have tried something similar when building a tonfa for his kid, and he may be able to give a more informed opinion.

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2021, 10:58:01 PM »

I think I'll stick with two blades. Easier to control. And less oppurtunity to stab yourself with your own weapon.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2021, 11:34:09 PM »

Only if the user is being overly reliant on offense, in which case they have bigger problems to worry about, lol.

As we've already established however, the saberstaff has a greater emphasis on defense.  Because of its tactical similarity to a sword & shield combination, it is easier to use and more effective than wielding two normal lightsabers.

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2021, 11:42:09 PM »

Hmmm yes. That's right. While I like to be a offensive fighter I understand the importance of defense.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2021, 05:15:59 PM »

dual saber is pretty bad weapon for defense in the set up you described, due to huge hilt and hand available for snipping, all I need is always go for that hand and double hilt to get points

Practicing Lightsaber Dueling Combat under ASL-FFE rules in the US
Sith Combat Academy

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 07:05:09 PM »

dual saber is pretty bad weapon for defense in the set up you described, due to huge hilt and hand available for snipping, all I need is always go for that hand and double hilt to get points
I don’t understand why hitting the hilt of a staff/pike should count as a point in all honestly. In the real world, a solid wood staff can block a sword strike, just as a lightsaber resistant hilt/spear can block a lightsaber strike. Having a saber-pike/spear made of non-saber resistant material would be silly though, I’ll give you that much.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Nodachi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2021, 07:19:21 PM »

I don’t understand why hitting the hilt of a staff/pike should count as a point in all honestly. In the real world, a solid wood staff can block a sword strike, just as a lightsaber resistant hilt/spear can block a lightsaber strike. Having a saber-pike/spear made of non-saber resistant material would be silly though, I’ll give you that much.

staff/pike with a steel blade - agree, but our case is different:
- sci fi argument - I believe there were cases where saber was cut in half by another saber, there was no lightsaber resistant material in original movies (quote - In The Last Jedi, during Rey and Kylo Ren's confrontation in Snoke's throne room, Luke's original lightsaber was split in half)
- real world argument - ASL-FFE rules clearly support sci fi version and honor hit to the hilt with 1 point

Even with friendly sparring with custom rules - hand is still there, you can't defend it while using it as defensive "shield" for your body on double-saber hilt

Practicing Lightsaber Dueling Combat under ASL-FFE rules in the US
Sith Combat Academy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: