Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about flat blades  (Read 1126 times)
Tekablade
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 03, 2021, 03:44:19 AM »

Hello all.

I finally have my first light sabers and I am happy with them. I enjoyed The Mandalorian, especially the Darksaber and a friend showed me a video of a guy who made his own crystal wings as a display piece and this got me thinking about getting something like that as a blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDHxf2_uH4

Not a great video but I stuck around to see how to make something look like crystal and he had a clear one and a frosted one.

So, me being me, I looked around for flat light saber blades and I found some. Of course, I didn't want to buy them just yet since I had a question or three.

Does anyone have flat blade?

1) If so, how do they look? Is it better to have clear blades with a design in it (Dark saber style or lightning bolt) or better if it is frosted?

2) Any that you have found that are good for full contact like the ultra edge heavy grade ones here?

3) Like with standard blades, how much does the length compare?

4) Any regrets or fondness to them?

Lastly, pics if you guys have some.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 03:02:49 AM »

The one MAJOR thing to consider with flat acrylic blades is that they CANNOT be used for dueling. They'll break easily under the stress.
They can be spun, with some practice, and look good otherwise

Tekablade
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 08:56:41 AM »

Thanks, that's good to know. For looks though, which is better? Clear or frosted?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »

Thanks, that's good to know. For looks though, which is better? Clear or frosted?

That’s really personal preference.  Sorry.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: