Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: blue glass tiles laser saber  (Read 823 times)
Jérôme
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 06, 2021, 10:27:43 PM »

Hello, as I told you in my introducing, I am a fan of the Star Wars. I am 49 years old  and  I knew the first trilogy of releasing the film at cinema.
I made a home cinema in a friend's house in which we decided to make a blue glass tiles lightsaber illuminated by LEDs.
In the pics you can see its shape. On the left side a brushed aluminum profile engraved Star Wars will integrate the second line of Leds.
At the top, an aluminum structure will make up the saber handle in which I will place the electronic sound devices.
The LEDs are powered by a 12v transformer which is plugged into a simple switch on the wall.

I need your lights to complete this project. I want to add the sound of a lightsaber through a sound card.
1-   Sound card will not manage the Leds ; Simultaneously the activation of the LEDs, the simple wall switch will trigger the sound card ( saber opening sound )then after 30 seconds, the sound card will have to be disconnected (saber closing sound). So, the lightsaber sound should only appear on ignition and then stop after a few seconds

2-   The sound card must be turned on and off with a simple switch and not a momentary push button. 

3-   This card will have to generate the sound sequence

Some people have already given me valuable advice. To allow the sound card to be turned off after 30 seconds, the use of a timer relay seems quite adequate.
On the other hand I stumble on the principle of the momentarry button; it seems that the lightsaber sound cards can only be activated by momentary switches; would it be possible to solve this problem.

Thank you ; my best regards

Jérôme
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 11:00:09 PM »

Hello, as I told you in my introducing, I am a fan of the Star Wars. I am 49 years old  and  I knew the first trilogy of releasing the film at cinema.
I made a home cinema in a friend's house in which we decided to make a blue glass tiles lightsaber illuminated by LEDs.
In the pics you can see its shape. On the left side a brushed aluminum profile engraved Star Wars will integrate the second line of Leds.
At the top, an aluminum structure will make up the saber handle in which I will place the electronic sound devices.
The LEDs are powered by a 12v transformer which is plugged into a simple switch on the wall.

I need your lights to complete this project. I want to add the sound of a lightsaber through a sound card.
1-   Sound card will not manage the Leds ; Simultaneously the activation of the LEDs, the simple wall switch will trigger the sound card ( saber opening sound )then after 30 seconds, the sound card will have to be disconnected (saber closing sound). So, the lightsaber sound should only appear on ignition and then stop after a few seconds

2-   The sound card must be turned on and off with a simple switch and not a momentary push button. 

3-   This card will have to generate the sound sequence

Some people have already given me valuable advice. To allow the sound card to be turned off after 30 seconds, the use of a timer relay seems quite adequate.
On the other hand I stumble on the principle of the momentarry button; it seems that the lightsaber sound cards can only be activated by momentary switches; would it be possible to solve this problem.

Thank you ; my best regards
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FmSdjXaC3L8Pa8dA8

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:44:20 AM »

There are soundcards available that can work from a latching switch but not through Ultrasabers so not open for further discussion on their forum. For the purpose you describe you may be better served with a simple sound recording on a playback setup like those found in musical greeting cards. They activate play their loop, then wait for the next activation and should be much less expensive than a full featured sound card.
Most sound fonts can be played on other types of digital players. So you just need to load the ignition, hum and retraction.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff