Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on clash and sound not working  (Read 1000 times)
Mantiss47
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 07, 2021, 07:16:03 PM »

Hey all,

I was really excited to get a lightsaber for Christmas.  Now I'm super bummed and stressed because my ultrasaber emails aren't getting replies.  Out of the box, it looked amazing.  But alas, no flash on clash, and no sound. 

I requested the Manticore Low Profile Pommel (WITH SOUND) and the order got messed up.  Is it possible to re-order just the pommel and add sound myself?

Also, the flash on clash is recognized through the software when it's plugged in, and I'm able to change colors and write it to the board.  However, whenever I clash it on anything including another saber, it does nothing. 

You're my only hope.

Here are my specs:

Prophecy v3

[Choose Your Configuration: Emerald Driver]
[Choose the color of your blade!: Consular Green for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration: 4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED]
[Pulse Mode: Pulse to Hot Pink]
[Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port: No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 10:51:17 PM »

Hey all,

I was really excited to get a lightsaber for Christmas.  Now I'm super bummed and stressed because my ultrasaber emails aren't getting replies.  Out of the box, it looked amazing.  But alas, no flash on clash, and no sound. 

I requested the Manticore Low Profile Pommel (WITH SOUND) and the order got messed up.  Is it possible to re-order just the pommel and add sound myself?

Also, the flash on clash is recognized through the software when it's plugged in, and I'm able to change colors and write it to the board.  However, whenever I clash it on anything including another saber, it does nothing. 

You're my only hope.

Here are my specs:

Prophecy v3

[Choose Your Configuration: Emerald Driver]
[Choose the color of your blade!: Consular Green for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration: 4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED]
[Pulse Mode: Pulse to Hot Pink]
[Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port: No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length: 36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]

I'm not an expert on this kind of thing since I don't yet have a sound saber, but if this is a direct copy of your order details (like it appears to be) then you ordered a "regular pommel" that isn't conducive to sound capabilities. So (I'm figuring) that the sound might not be able to "escape" the hilt? So try using it, while turned on, without the pommel attached. Like turning it on after unscrewing the pommel and lightly whacking your hand or some pillow with the blade... it might produce sound then and you know the issue. Along those lines, do you hear even muffled sounds when using it with solid pommel attached? It also looks like you ordered no charger (so I hope you have one already, or you need to order one since once your batteries die you can't recharge them this way).

Dark Prophecy v3

[-] View list of options

Choose Your Configuration: Emerald Driver
Choose the color of your blade!: Consular Green for Emerald
Emerald Driver Configuration: 4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED
Pulse Mode: Pulse to Hot Pink
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port: No Recharge Port
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Heavy Grade
Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]
Switch Type: Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: No Thanks
Include Blade Plug: No Thanks
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include MINI USB Cable: No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks

I just went to their site and replicated what looks like your order, to double check, and it's possible to "accidentally" build a saber with these slight oversights added in... And I'd understand completely how it could be possible for a 1st lightsaber purchase. It's rather confusing potentially due to the sheer volume of options available. Heavy customization options leaves the door open for some wild outcomes. Unfortunate if this is the case, but easily remedied if it's as I surmised. Let me know if this route of trial and error bears fruit/ a positive result. If not, then it'll require someone more knowledgeable in Emerald Sabers to consult. But if your order details mirror the above (that I replicated mirroring yours) exactly  then it could explain the problem for the reasons also listed above. With any luck this helps.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:21:27 PM »

Ass mentioned if those are your specs you did not order a saber with sound. The Emerald driver is ONLY a  LED controller. The Emeraald driver requires an Obsidian board with it to have sound. I believe the clash sensor are also on the Obsidian board so FoC doesn't work without it. Just ordering the pommel "with sound" does not add sound, it simply includes a pommel that is vented to let the sound out in case you do buy a soundcard and speaker later to add sound.
Adding sound can be done but it requires wiring and is a fairly technical process.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 12:57:16 AM »

As mentioned if those are your specs you did not order a saber with sound. The Emerald driver is ONLY a  LED controller. The Emeraald driver requires an Obsidian board with it to have sound. I believe the clash sensor are also on the Obsidian board so FoC doesn't work without it. Just ordering the pommel "with sound" does not add sound, it simply includes a pommel that is vented to let the sound out in case you do buy a soundcard and speaker later to add sound.
Adding sound can be done but it requires wiring and is a fairly technical process.

WOW I didn't even notice this before... on the Dark Prophecy V3 ordering options it doesn't actually offer Emerald with sound. I looked at the Manicore and it has the Emerald w/ sound VS Emerald W/O sound as separate options available. It's easy to miss in all reality on a first or second reading that it says Emerald Driver without sound since it's the only option available for that particular lightsaber, making the assumption easy to make for someone unfamiliar with the ordering process. I mean I've fully made orders and still overlooked it on this saber at a first glance. So yeah, that's your answer. Your lightsaber came without sound because the Emerald driver (as orderable) on this particular model doesn't come with a sound option possible currently...

So your options become: Order the sound board, speaker, related parts and find someone capable to install it all.
-Contact US customer service and calmly explain the whole situation and the misunderstanding. Hopefully they could find a resolution you might be happy with (But don't expect a response via email immediately, and you might want to try Zendesk chat 1st on their site to talk about it and have customer service send you an email that way)
-Plan toward ordering something else with sound, (if that's what you really want) and carefully read and reread the details before paying for your order once added to your cart.

These are my best suggestions, and are just my attempt to help with my own opinion. Contacting them is the most logical choice, but be prepared to be patient and understanding in trying to obtain beneficial results... they could have a bit of mercy on a 1st time buyer making an honest mistake? Who knows, but be prepared to pay the difference for a sound saber if that's some option they offer. I have no idea, again just trying to prepare you for it and some possibilities to try.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 04:44:17 PM »

The Prophecies are indeed not capable of having Emerald and sound together in one hilt. It's only possible to have one of these.
The Prophecy is a quite small hilt, and too narrow to have both boards installed together.
If you want a Prophecy that has sound and the possibilities of the Emerald Driver, get it with the Diamond Controller (which even adds some more features neither Obsidian nor Emerald have).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: