Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spectre Covertec Wheel screw too short  (Read 861 times)
dalxien
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 15, 2021, 01:00:10 AM »

Hey everyone, first post here. I just got my Spectre custom saber and love it! First saber with the sound board, and am looking forward to digging into the fonts and seeing what the options are. Very impressed with it so far.

I did run into an issue with the bottom covertec wheel, where it looks like the 1/4 inch screw is too short and won't screw back in with the covertec wheel put back on it. Has anyone else run into this? I emailed about it, but I figured I could just find a replacement screw that's 3/8 or 1/2 or something, as the 1/4 inch screw screws in just fine without the wheel.

Does anyone know the thread count and other dimensions on the standard screws? I've searched around and found conflicting info, and am not very good with this stuff.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:41:15 PM »

Its an 8-32 cap head screw. Remember that using too long may cause it to hit your batteries or electronics.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

dalxien
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 02:52:38 AM »

Thanks very much! I found a 1/2 inch screw with a flat top, so it goes in just a little bit more than the one that came with it and secures it. Philips' head so it's slightly ugly, but it at least works for now. Appreciate the help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: