Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: WandaVision Discussion *spoilers*  (Read 2300 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: January 15, 2021, 11:34:31 PM »

Like the title says, here be a place to discuss the MCU's "first" tv show.  Spoilers will be shared so if you have not watched it yet Do not enter here.

Lets talk about the proverbial elephant in the room...the Sitcom aspect.  I think its thrown a lot of people off because either they are on the younger side and have never watched the older sitcoms.  These first two episodes definitely drew a lot from Bewitched and the Dick van Dyke show (Wanda was channeling Mary Tyler Moore).   Others may not have realized how powerful Wanda is.  Either way I hope they give it a chance because so far its great.  There are hidden clues supposedly all through the show in sets, dialogue and even the fake commercials, which have the same 2 people in it each time.  Time to time the residents of the town act odd with glances or strained words.  It gives the sense there is obvious mind control going on.  It is shown S.W.O.R.D is the agency dealing with this which is throwing me off since last I saw in the comics S.W.O.R.D dealt with extraterrestrial threats.  But perhaps since they believe Wanda's power is from an infinity stone they consider extraterrestrial.
          One moment of interest is hearing someone come over a radio and say "Wanda, who is doing this to you?"  So it seems an outside influence is expected.  Going by who Kathryn Hahn is rumored to be (Agatha Harknass...a powerful Witch who in the comics trains Wanda) its a good bet Mephisto or Knightmare may be involved. Which of course will get the attention of Dr. Strange.  All in all I'm looking foreword to the rest of the series.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 02:23:26 AM »

While I didn't love the first episode, I thought the second was really good. And although I'm in that "younger" audience, I absolutely have watched Dick Van Dike Show and Bewitched and many of the other sitcoms. I was shocked by the exact replica of the home in DVDS for that first episode. I didn't expect that at all, and I love the fact that they took the theme songs from the shows and tweaked them.

Other than the face value stuff that I didn't love, I am loving the storyline of the series. Very very interesting what is going on. I also love the trope (not the right word, but I can't think of the right one right now) of having black and white, but then a random splash of color that doesn't make sense. It works so good IMO. Also, that "No!" was super interesting. Very interested to see all that this sets up for. I think between this and Loki, we are in for some weird television.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:36:13 AM »

I enjoyed them both. I was expecting the weirdness because of everything I have read leading up to the show.
I’m also aware that almost everything is going to mean something or be a clue/foreshadowing. Also the whole Stark Industries reference was ment to be blatant and get your attention. Who doesn’t recognize that name. So what it now does is make everyone pay more attention to the commercial section.

I’m excited for more to see where this goes.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 04:38:53 AM »

So if there is a commercial in each episode, I suspect the objects being promoted will probably have some sort of significance besides just being name drop type things. So is there something from the comics that involves a Watch and a Toaster that I am unaware of?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 01:12:57 PM »

If so, then you’re not alone.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 05:53:02 PM »

Haven't watched yet, so I just decided to drop a comment in the bucket quick before things truly get rolling... I mean their connection does/did have such potential. I mean talk about a power couple! But also clearly a tragic romance. I don't quite get how it's planned to capitalize on this potential. I mean it seems simultaneously vaguely exploitative but also giving fans a closer look, which I'm sure many desire or attempting to explain something that "seemingly came out of nowhere" to some. It could be interesting for sure, but yeah... how to do a sitcom style show or any recurring show out of a rather limited romance does seem to present limited options. Guess we'll see.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »

So if there is a commercial in each episode, I suspect the objects being promoted will probably have some sort of significance besides just being name drop type things. So is there something from the comics that involves a Watch and a Toaster that I am unaware of?

With the Toaster notice the red light and beeping sound almost like a bomb.  Which leads back to how Wanda and Quicksilver's parents were killed...by a Stark made bomb.   The watch was called Strucker which of course was Baron Von Strucker..the Hydra leader who experimented on the Maximoff's.  So both of those are kind of Wanda's "origin". 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 08:58:29 PM »

With the Toaster notice the red light and beeping sound almost like a bomb.  Which leads back to how Wanda and Quicksilver's parents were killed...by a Stark made bomb.   The watch was called Strucker which of course was Baron Von Strucker..the Hydra leader who experimented on the Maximoff's.  So both of those are kind of Wanda's "origin". 

Gotcha. I didn't catch (should've) that it was a Stark bomb that killed Wanda's family. Definitely remembered about Strucker though. It'll be very interesting to see where they go with this specific side of things.

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 01:39:03 AM »

Yes, I thought the first two episodes were pretty good. They were weird...but good weird. I definitely understand why they released two of them though, because it is not until the second one that the conflict starts to arise and the end when it shifts to color seems to be leading to something more. It leaves you wanting to see the next one.

And there definitely has to be some fiction element to it, because Vision is gone, so my theory is that Wanda may be creating some kind of alternate reality for herself where she and Vision go back in time in order to have a long life together before anything tragic happens.

Anyway, I can't wait to see where the show goes, and I am super excited that the new era of Marvel has begun!!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 04:00:00 PM »

And in case you didn’t remember the Strucker/Hydra connection, the Hydra logo was on the watch.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 03:12:01 PM »

Surprised no one is talking about episode 3 yet.
So consider this your spoiler warning for anyone behind.
So I just get to the quick and dirty of it. I didn’t put the connection together until just now.
Wanda talks about her brother.
Peter Evens is has been listed as being cast in a currently unknown role.
Peter Evens, in case like me you forgot, was Quicksilver in the Fox X-Men movies.
Oh the possibility’s.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 11:41:57 PM »

I saw a theory the other day that Mephisto knows how much Wanda wants to see her brother again, and so being the trickster he is, he brings him back... As Evan Peters' version.

Personally, I preferred Aaron Taylor-Johnson's version, I would love seeing EP's version if they did it like that. I also like the theory that EP is playing Mephisto. Definitely some interesting things coming.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 12:57:10 AM »

I saw a theory the other day that Mephisto knows how much Wanda wants to see her brother again, and so being the trickster he is, he brings him back... As Evan Peters' version.

Personally, I preferred Aaron Taylor-Johnson's version, I would love seeing EP's version if they did it like that. I also like the theory that EP is playing Mephisto. Definitely some interesting things coming.
He is one of my favorite actors. Whatever he does will be good.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 05:16:05 AM »

Alright, lets keep the discussion going? What'd y'all think? I personally loved that opening, it was great to see the chaos that would have ensued after everyone was brought back. It is also interesting to note that WandaVision officially takes place before Far From Home. I don't know exactly when FFH takes place, but WV is approximately 3 weeks after Endgame.

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »

I loved this episode. They just get better and better. Each one clarifies more and more and I am always so excited for more. I loved how it went back through everything that has happened so far and showed it outside of Westview. And then they brought in Darcy! I love her! I honestly don't know how to describe the episode. It was so good and so much happened in so little time. Can't wait for next week!

PS The ending..."It's Wanda, it's all Wanda." OH MY GOSH!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: