Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New and Looking in to it  (Read 792 times)
Dresden777
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 18, 2021, 03:07:08 PM »

Hi, my name is Jeff and I’m new. Saw Return of the Jedi in theater as a kid and fell in love with sabers immediately. Hoping to get my first one soon. Any advice on my first build? I don’t have a PC currently. Thank you!!   Cheesy

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:31:50 PM »

Welcome.
If you like versatility but lack a PC probably the Diamond controller is a good build to start it can cha n ge colors and sound fonts without connecting.
Personally I don't like changing colors on most sabers. I feel a sabers color is part of its personality. So prefer the single colors with an Obsidian V4. That can still change sound fonts on the go for a bit of versatility.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:12:16 PM »

Welcome.
If you like versatility but lack a PC probably the Diamond controller is a good build to start it can cha n ge colors and sound fonts without connecting.
Personally I don't like changing colors on most sabers. I feel a sabers color is part of its personality. So prefer the single colors with an Obsidian V4. That can still change sound fonts on the go for a bit of versatility.
I so agree with the color part!
I went Emerald on my first sabers, but the next was just premium sound. Choosing the color is an important part of the purchase for me =).

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:11:16 PM »

It's funny that we can all agree with this point, and well said gentlemen. I do say your 1st lightsaber should be a reflection of it's wielder/owner. The design should speak to you personally and the blade color is no different in my opinion. Not to get terribly wrapped up in lore, but new stuff has individuals bonding with/seeking out their crystals or whatnot. Since this determines blade color I agree it's important it should mean something to you. Also the lightsaber is in SW constructed by it's wielder (although I agree highly with this practice, not everyone is capable enough or dedicated enough for this undertaking) making each truly unique and meaningful. Since it's simply not the case for most individuals on this planet, instead buying the model you feel most passionate about is highly recommended in my opinion. Do you want to duel, train with it, have a pure show piece, customize it after receiving it... these things are points of consideration.

For example I chose something visibly pleasing, sleek, colors I wanted both in hilt and blade, and a double bladed lightsaber as my first acquisition. I also chose a hilt I felt would be easier to handle for long periods of time, not be uncomfortable in the hands, and kept covertech wheels from the "bottoms" of the hilts so they wouldn't interfere with wielding the saberstaff. So yeah, there are simply questions I'd say you have to ask yourself, and make choices you feel will be pleasing to you personally. I wanted function a bit more than form so mine's a bit simpler to look at, combat focused, and a stunt saber with mostly dueling and training in mind... But making the choices that matter to you instead will make it more meaningful of an acquisition and something you can grow truly fond of. Best of luck in your research and ultimate decision making, and May the Force serve you well. Welcome to the forum too Jeff.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 11:20:44 PM »

Welcome Dresden777. My first saber was the Dark Apprentice LE v4, in Fire Orange, and it is still my personal favorite that I've wielded. That being said, start with a hilt and color you like, and go from there. Of course price will come into play, but find something you like to start off with. Can't wait to see what you pick.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) available that can be very useful for finding answers. If you can't find what you are looking for with that, ask away. Someone is sure to be able to get you the answers you seek.

Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheCharlax
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »

Hi.  I am still waiting for my first order to come in, but I recommend starting simple and thrifty.  Unless you are keeping them for display, fancy and more complex designs may have a higher risk of taking damage as you are 'breaking' your saber in.  Once you are seasoned and comfortable in using a basic model, you can make a more decision on purchasing one of the many more elaborate designs.

"Light and Dark are not paths: merely directions."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: