Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Making an MHS adapter for V2s using TCSS parts  (Read 751 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: January 18, 2021, 11:18:23 PM »

https://youtu.be/SFu0B23yR4M

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 02:46:35 AM »

Only TCSS uses the actual full Modular Hilt System, which is designed to allow users to build their own saber from scratch.  Ultrasabers specializes in complete manufactured ready to use sabers but is made to allow the use of some MHS parts often with special considerations or modifications. An MHS COMPATIBLE Ultrasaber with a TCSS pommel or emitter is still an Ultrasaber, not an MHS saber.

Sorry couldn't get past the idea that Ultrasabers was a bigger MHS user than the company that originated it and specializes in it to see the rest of the video.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 04:11:00 AM »

Only TCSS uses the actual full Modular Hilt System, which is designed to allow users to build their own saber from scratch.  Ultrasabers specializes in complete manufactured ready to use sabers but is made to allow the use of some MHS parts often with special considerations or modifications. An MHS COMPATIBLE Ultrasaber with a TCSS pommel or emitter is still an Ultrasaber, not an MHS saber.

Sorry couldn't get past the idea that Ultrasabers was a bigger MHS user than the company that originated it and specializes in it to see the rest of the video.
Sorry, I meant it in more of a "far, far more people have heard of Ultrasabers" way, not so much that US created the system.
I'm very aware that US just adopted MHS, hence why the V2 line isn't MHS and therefore the need of making an adapter.
Also, I've never heard it called an "MHS saber" like you referenced. Only ever MHS compatible parts.

But I still think it's fair to reference MHS and Ultrasabers since my target audience either:
A) Exclusively collect Ultrasabers and may have a V2
B) have Ultrasabers, have been burned by them and are now collecting other guy sabers that aren't MHS compatible, but maybe they still like parts of their Ultrasabers or,
C) Dont have Ultrasabers at all but want to expand their saber building opportunities and since I've had such good experience with TCSS, I want them to be able to use TCSS parts

But again, I'm sorry that offended you so badly that you couldn't finish the video.
Not really sure how else to respond to that.

-

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »

MHS sabers are sabers built using all MHS parts, what they were designed for. It's what one moves on to when one realizes that the only way to get a saber that's not disappointing is to completely do it yourself.

US empties get half way there except the newest ones that don't offer guarded switch holes any more. At least most Ultrasabers have the space to customize for real and be made better than any other full saber manufacturer.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff