Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Well, hello there!  (Read 1210 times)
DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

In the outer rim...darkness awakens!

« on: January 20, 2021, 09:48:30 PM »

Hello everyone, its me, the new guy!

Long time lurker and enthusiast, I've built several sabers from PVC and dowels over the years but I figured buying an Ultra Saber was just a little too far beyond reach. It has been a long time coming but I finally bought the bullet and bought my first Saber. After building up my perfect dream saber, and then a double bladed version as well, realizing just how much money I was about to spend, I had a moment of clarify and decided to start a little smaller than $800. As much as I would have loved to, probably not the best idea right now. So I grabbed a Mystery Box instead. Ordered it January 4th, got shipping notice today so I should have my hands on it by Saturday. Chances are I'll get the most generic hilt possible and a Guardian blue blade but I won't care, you know? Because I'll have a LIGHTSABER!

I've been a Star Wars fan since as far back as I can remember, wasn't quite born enough to catch the original trilogy in theaters, missed ROTJ by a couple of years but grew up watching them probably at least once a month if not more, wore out my VCR and at least 2 copies of the VHS tapes. Favorite character has always been Boba Fett, no I can't explain why the character with less screen time than a ton-ton is my favorite other than he looks badass but who cares lol. I've read a good chunk of the Legends books and I truly blame the Bane trilogy for what is about to happen, Bane is by far my favorite Sith Lord and the basis for a character I'm putting together to cosplay sometime this year, hopefully before Halloween, pandemic depending. I hope to share that journey with you here, my new Saber in hand, the first of many. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a Mantis hilt this year as well.

Anyway, hi all and thanks for having me!

When all is said and done; all that will remain of the Jedi order are memories, and, given enough time, even those shall fade into folk tales and legends. They will disappear into obscurity and myth, only then my young apprentice, will the Dark Side, truly thrive!

---------------------------------------

Prophecy v3, Stunt Saber, Adegan Silver blade

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:11:48 PM »

Welcome DarkAccolyte! I'm very excited to see what you get. We all love seeing pictures here, so feel free to post some once it comes in!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function available (picture with the magnifying glass) that is super useful, but if you can't find what you need there, ask away. Someone will be sure to have the answers you seek!

I know the feeling of wanting this big beautiful saber and then seeing the price. Hope you can get it eventually! See you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:42 AM »

Greetings Dark Accolyte, glad you will soon have a lightsaber in hand. May I suggest that if sound is not a necessity for you, you can rework your order minus the sound in stunt configuration... I did that for my first order for similar reasons, and it cut $400-500 off the price immediately. I love it, since I use it primarily for training anyway. So this is always a possibility if you do wind up with a disagreeable blade color. Although I will believe in the possibility of a red blade being yours on the odds. Glad you're a Bane fan, that trilogy is indeed ridiculously good. Best of luck with your gamble, and constructing an outfit, May the Force serve you well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 02:00:38 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Can't wait to see what you get.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »

Thanks everyone, really am super excited for this.

I hope for a red blade, but the orange would work too. Worst case I can write a history for that blade as being one I took from a dead Jedi and go from there, then I build my baby!

@DarthProdigal I didn't think about that, taking the sound option out or even swapping it out for a lower tier version did significantly reduce the cost, besides, it wouldn't be the first time I made my own sound effects. Might be something to pursue, thanks for the idea!

I'm sure many pictures to follow lol

When all is said and done; all that will remain of the Jedi order are memories, and, given enough time, even those shall fade into folk tales and legends. They will disappear into obscurity and myth, only then my young apprentice, will the Dark Side, truly thrive!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 04:39:37 AM »

Thanks everyone, really am super excited for this.

I hope for a red blade, but the orange would work too. Worst case I can write a history for that blade as being one I took from a dead Jedi and go from there, then I build my baby!

@DarthProdigal I didn't think about that, taking the sound option out or even swapping it out for a lower tier version did significantly reduce the cost, besides, it wouldn't be the first time I made my own sound effects. Might be something to pursue, thanks for the idea!

I'm sure many pictures to follow lol

Yep, before any of my "dream builds" get completed I copy and paste a detailed version for reference in my REAL wish list. Because sadly saving it to your US wishlist doesn't keep the design specs you draw up as well (currently). So I throw it into my cart, click details to expand them in full info format, copy and paste to a document to be saved collectively, and then delete from cart. That way I can use the reference file to "rebuild" my planned versions when/as I order them individually or for projects. I have some really sweet ones I want, and ones with all the bells and whistles attached. But all in due time as they say. I'd love to just drop 10K and have all I want and more, but I have to diversify my funding across too many things to just build a lightsaber arsenal in one super order. Even if I'd like to. Although I'm glad to have been helpful in your pursuit. People should own lightsabers for sure, especially ones they really want. It's magical. I can't wait for conventions to be a thing again. Bet people will have ridiculously well crafted masks now...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 11:20:58 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, DarkAccolyte. I look forward to seeing what the mystery box will reveal for you. Do post pictures up when it arrives

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 01:51:33 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum Dark one.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »

Well, as promised, here are the first pics of my new Mystery Box saber!

From what I can tell its a Prophecy v3, missing the covertec wheel and the brass thumb screws at the emitter but nothing I can't add myself, especially the covertec wheel ,the hole is drilled and threaded so its an easy update.

Super surprised to get a silver blade, I haven't seen that in any of the mystery box videos I watched so it was a huge surprise! This is just the beginning of many, many things to come!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 05:22:19 PM »

lmfao, well certainly not pure red, but easily tainted. I hear good things about supplemental filters. I know from experience AS isn't easy to push red, but haven't tried the possible filter types...

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 09:08:22 PM »

Very nice. I would love to have myself a Prophecy hilt. They just looks so nice, and that silver blade gives it a really clean look.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:22:50 PM »

@DarthProdigal I might play around with tints or color disks but I'm honestly really happy with the silver and will probably just leave it as is.

@Taegin Roan It really is a super clean looking piece and it just feels so right in the hand, I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten this one first.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »

@DarthProdigal I might play around with tints or color disks but I'm honestly really happy with the silver and will probably just leave it as is.

@Taegin Roan It really is a super clean looking piece and it just feels so right in the hand, I consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten this one first.

A Dark Accolyte with a bright silver blade, it's almost so seemingly wrong that it just winds up being right. Technically mine are pure black hilts with AS blades when there are no discs inserted. I've loved the look of a Silver blade since KOTOR so I still applaud and agree with your affinity. Also it's just great that you're pleased with what you received!

If you happen to get someone else in on your halloween plans and have a second saber by then, they could use a color discs to have a "choice" of their own color to potentially join in your fun.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: