Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Saber build question, Dark Apprentice v5  (Read 686 times)
biotech206
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 21, 2021, 02:26:52 AM »

Hello!

I recently was given the Dark Apprentice v5 saber for christmas by a friend and am looking to modify it to fit a custom cosplay. I am mixing a sith lord with dunkmaster darius from league of legends. Currently it is only the base model but I am looking to add the "Malice Emitter with Claw Blades" as well as a sound board but am unsure if the parts will work for it/which is best for the dollar.

I would greatly appreciate some experience saber ideas and the title of the emitter was copied from the ultrasaber website so if you search it it will pop up!

Thanks!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 03:52:07 AM »

The Dark Apprentice V5 does not have a removable emitter, so you can’t replace it with anything.  Now, if you wanted to put that at the pommel end, that MIGHT be possible... I haven’t checked the threads to see if they are compatible, but I’m sure somebody here has tried that.

With respect to sound boards, any sound board that US sells will fit in a V5 hilt.  The question is, do you want to do the electronic hookups yourself, including any switch upgrades that might be necessary?  Again, I lack the experience to give you the answers here, but I do know some of the questions to ask.

Someone with more knowledge and experience than I have at tinkering will come along and give better answers soon.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 05:39:17 AM »

Cyclops is correct that the V5 is a one piece body without a removable emitter. The Malice emitter can fit onto it where the pommel goes and it is possible but tricky to do an "upside down" install to use it that way. To do it would al ost require you to do it yourself and with all the parts you'd need it would cost about the same as or more than buying a Malice with sound and keeping your V5 for playing rough with.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff