Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Disagreements with the Jedi  (Read 4864 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

I read it on the wikia but it got the infomation from Chapter 1 the Mandalorian.

Whoever edited that should really go back and update it then.  No where is it actually said they remain in infancy that long... it was assumed before season 2 that was the case by some but all accounts its doubtful.  Grogu was stunted either by purpose of someone or his own trauma. The discussion with Ahsoka hints at this.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 06:33:39 AM »

Whoever edited that should really go back and update it then.  No where is it actually said they remain in infancy that long... it was assumed before season 2 that was the case by some but all accounts its doubtful.  Grogu was stunted either by purpose of someone or his own trauma. The discussion with Ahsoka hints at this.
Still, I recall he was thought to be 50 wich could go with the time scale that was given earlier in the thread.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 12:12:18 PM »

Still, I recall he was thought to be 50 wich could go with the time scale that was given earlier in the thread.

Grogu IS 50 years old...the mistake people made is assuming his mental growth mirrors that of Yoda and all of their species.  Because going by that assumption there is no way that Yoda was training Jedi at a Hundred, which he said he was.  Unless they shoehorn  a massive maturity spurt for the species.  * I guess I have to put spoilers here*

In the discussion with Ahsoka its indicated that his development is stunted, as I said, either through his own trauma or whoever saved him influencing his mind. 

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

Guess I'll stop checking this topic from now on since it's little more than SPOLERS info I'd rather not view all relating to the Mandalorian now.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »

Grogu IS 50 years old...the mistake people made is assuming his mental growth mirrors that of Yoda and all of their species.  Because going by that assumption there is no way that Yoda was training Jedi at a Hundred, which he said he was.  Unless they shoehorn  a massive maturity spurt for the species.  * I guess I have to put spoilers here*

In the discussion with Ahsoka its indicated that his development is stunted, as I said, either through his own trauma or whoever saved him influencing his mind. 
Oh yeah! You're right. Grogu can't be used as a reference for the entire species.
But he's still quite small physically. So maybe they do have a growth spur both physically and intellectually in those second 50 years.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 03:37:17 PM »

Guess I'll stop checking this topic from now on since it's little more than SPOLERS info I'd rather not view all relating to the Mandalorian now.

Its been over a month since Season 2 ended...Spoiler Bans are usually lifted (officially and unofficially) within a week or two.  I'm sorry if things were unintentionally spoiled for you but at this point no one can not expect information to be talked about or mentioned in conversations.

Oh yeah! You're right. Grogu can't be used as a reference for the entire species.
But he's still quite small physically. So maybe they do have a growth spur both physically and intellectually in those second 50 years.

Physically I can get behind happening ...mentally is a stretch.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 05:42:21 PM »

Its been over a month since Season 2 ended...Spoiler Bans are usually lifted (officially and unofficially) within a week or two.  I'm sorry if things were unintentionally spoiled for you but at this point no one can not expect information to be talked about or mentioned in conversations.

Physically I can get behind happening ...mentally is a stretch.
Well, 50 years is a while. And we don't know how their species work. We only know Grogu's psychological development is not the reference for the species =)

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 10:49:48 PM »

I've said this before (don't remember which thread, probably the Mandalorian discussion thread), but I do have a theory that as Tepes is saying, Grogu was severely stunted somehow. I'd go so far as to say this is confirmed. My guess is that while in "captivity" he was not fed enough (besides the mental block thing), and that caused him to phsically be stunted in his growth. This is based on the fact that Grogu's major theme through S2 was FOOD. The Eggs, Spiders, stew, etc. Wherever he went, we saw him eating food, and acting like he could not get enough to fulfill his hunger. I fully expect that if the food thing was just for laughs, they would not have used it as a repeating joke through the whole series. I think it was intentionally done to explain why he seems so small and young.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2021, 09:27:25 PM »

In terms of Grogu and his maturity there is a few things to remember.  Yoda told Luke he had been training Jedi for 800 years.  As Yoda was 900 that clearly means he was 100 when he began training Jedi....anyway you cut it that means Grogu is way behind.  By 50 he should be at least teen level not toddler.  But then we go to what Ahsoka said:  "He was trained for Many years by Many Masters."  Grogu had at least 30 years worth of training...way more than Luke or Ahsoka had.  She also talks about his memory being blank...he has a "block" in his mind.  Its very possible he "stunted" himself due to the trauma of order 66.  Luke's choice of words are also interesting.  He never once said he was going to train Grogu.... he said master his abilities.  This denoted practice and honing.  Pedro Pascal has already stated there will be a time skip in season 3 so its quite  possible Luke will help Grogu unblock his mental faculties and he was have a maturity "spurt" and return to Din as basically a Jedi Knight.

Just my impressions but I took “master his abilities” as just another way of saying training. Basically he has the ability to access The Force very naturally but he can’t control it which is why it’s so physically draining for him. Now this could be just due to his being a child or it could have something to do with trauma and his memories or both.

We also don’t know exactly how growth cycles and stages work for his species. Maybe it’s not baby-child-preteen-teen-young adult-adult the way we usually think of it. Perhaps things start very slowly and then are more accelerated in the second 50 years.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2021, 11:33:53 PM »

Just my impressions but I took “master his abilities” as just another way of saying training. Basically he has the ability to access The Force very naturally but he can’t control it which is why it’s so physically draining for him. Now this could be just due to his being a child or it could have something to do with trauma and his memories or both.

We also don’t know exactly how growth cycles and stages work for his species. Maybe it’s not baby-child-preteen-teen-young adult-adult the way we usually think of it. Perhaps things start very slowly and then are more accelerated in the second 50 years.

I would to...if not for the fact we know Grogu has had training already...more than Luke has technically.  Luke's job now is not to really train Grogu but hone and practice (or Master) his abilities gains through his training.   

Its always possible that will be the case...but everything for me leans towards Grogu merely being stunted.  We know Grogu will return (Favereu) and there will be a time Skip to season 3 (Pascal)  so unless they decided to jump 40 years Grogu is going to have to mature fast. 

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 01:23:46 AM »

Perhaps we will learn more about Grogu and Yoda's species as the StarWars franchise continues.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 04:02:02 PM »

I find myself in disagreement with the Jedi in the rule of no attachments at all. I understand the rationale behind it but I do not agree with it. After all detachment is not compassion either.

What say the rest of you?

This video from Pop Culture Detective pretty much covers that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPD1w78D5I

Separate from Star Wars, the term attachment also refers to babies attaching to the mom/parent.  We learned about this when looking into adoption, because it's a major issue when adopting a baby or a child that they form attachment to their new parent.  Which is made difficult because of the interruption they've experienced in their life.  Failure to attach can cause lifelong issues with trust, behavior, relationships, etc.  

It's a big deal. And the Jedi do this on purpose to kids. Wow.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »

This video from Pop Culture Detective pretty much covers that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUPD1w78D5I

Separate from Star Wars, the term attachment also refers to babies attaching to the mom/parent.  We learned about this when looking into adoption, because it's a major issue when adopting a baby or a child that they form attachment to their new parent.  Which is made difficult because of the interruption they've experienced in their life.  Failure to attach can cause lifelong issues with trust, behavior, relationships, etc.  

It's a big deal. And the Jedi do this on purpose to kids. Wow.

Yeah... they do abandon their offspring to be raised by others. It's also the case in some cultures IIRC.
I was adopted myself while very young, and I did ok I'd say ^^'

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »

Yeah... they do abandon their offspring to be raised by others. It's also the case in some cultures IIRC.
I was adopted myself while very young, and I did ok I'd say ^^'

Presumably you attached to your new family.

Might not be so lucky if it was Yoda who picked you up.  No hugging! Hugging leads to attachment which leads to...

Maybe there's a new Sith recruiting angle. Turn to the dark side and find the family you've been denied. Also, we have hugs and cookies.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 05:21:57 PM »

Presumably you attached to your new family.

Might not be so lucky if it was Yoda who picked you up.  No hugging! Hugging leads to attachment which leads to...

Maybe there's a new Sith recruiting angle. Turn to the dark side and find the family you've been denied. Also, we have hugs and cookies.
Yeah that's the thing. My family was normal ^^'
If the kids were raised as jedis from the start... well. Either monks or psychos ^^' and probably a bit of both...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up