Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Just joined.. Hello All..! =)  (Read 788 times)
Blumoon25
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 22, 2021, 09:53:56 PM »

Hello everyone.. I just joined today in hopes of getting some info and help to purchasing these awesome looking sabers.. I hope to make the winter rush/raffle deal and giveaway so i can cut down on some expenses and also hope to get lucky..! =)

I've already done some research into what i want and I hope to get maybe a mystery box for my friend in the future.. For now I do want to get a double saber/staff as Darth Maul was one of my favorites when I grew up and watched Ep 1 the phantom menace and it will offer me two sabers in conjunction.. The other one I would also like to own is the Brood guard as the Tonfa has always been one of my favorite weapons..

The only problem is with the sound driver it runs the cost up significantly and I don't want to pay for that right now.. My question for now is will it be cheaper in the package bundle when you're creating your lightsaber or to buy the soundboard, speaker and whatever materials later and to install it yourself..?

I appreciate any advice and i  hope to have good experiences with this forum and this company .. =)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 10:48:13 PM »

Hey Blumoon, welcome.
Unfortunately, I do not know the answers you your questions about sound boards (as I have never installed my own), but there is a Search Function (Picture with Magnifying glass) available that may be able to provide some answers. If you can't find the answers you seek with that, I know there are some members who would be able to answer those questions. I would recommend asking them in either the Ultra Sabers Questions section or The Obsidian Order section. I hope you can find what you need.
Those are some great hilt choices though, I would love to get me a Brood Guard, but I can't yet. Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 01:06:37 AM »

I also have not attempted that type of install/work on a lightsaber. From what I hear it is very technical and difficult to say the least. So unless you already own the required tools (or are willing to purchase them) in addition to having the technical skills... it's likely easier to just have someone else do it basically. It's like saving up for a computer VS trying to build one yourself... it may be more customized and personalized touch but it's not the easiest thing in the world to accomplish unless you have those skills/equipment. Just my opinion with what I know.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Blumoon25
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 01:43:58 AM »

Thanks for the tip..! I do have quite a few tools and technical skills.. I'm graduating from electrical engineering so the skills are there.. I just wanted to know if it was cheaper, or if that kind of customization is available with these lightsabers... but if i have to machine any parts or manufacture some  then that's out of my skill set..

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 02:57:37 AM »

Thanks for the tip..! I do have quite a few tools and technical skills.. I'm graduating from electrical engineering so the skills are there.. I just wanted to know if it was cheaper, or if that kind of customization is available with these lightsabers... but if i have to machine any parts or manufacture some  then that's out of my skill set..

Very awesome, that is great. I'm sure someone with experience in performing that kind of work will reply eventually. Or you can use search to try and find some related topics, or look through manually in the right sections to find related topics. Worst case start one of your own if you fail to find specific relating guidance or pre existing topics... But alot of what you're looking for is likely out there or people are knowledgeable enough to weigh in of their own volition (and in their own time). Heck, I might wind up seeking out your guidance/opinion myself one day. But from what I've read so far, it seems like it isn't really much of a cost saving measure in the long run. I mean you possibly (IMO) may be able to buy parts from "somewhere" and attempt to achieve somehow "more cost-effective" instillation yourself but I'm not an expert in such things, and since this is a US related forum it's also not the proper place to discuss such things either... that being said, far from an expert in such things so not imminently helpful. But I do hope you find your answers and also enjoy the community here as well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: