Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yippee!!!  (Read 931 times)
Sithy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« on: January 22, 2021, 10:06:16 PM »

Joined for the raffle but really glad to find so much. Most of my questions are answered here. Picked up a pair of stunt sabers back in ’15, and they’ve been great on camping trips. Also cool to be in the middle of nowhere swinging lightsabers around. I shied away from sound sabers because the whole program-your-own was intimidating. I seem to only like sci-fi computer tech, not real computer tech. That may change. When I saw simpler sound and “regular” batteries as an option, I got nearly all the sabers I’ve always wanted. Wanted to emulate what’s on-screen, so Graflex with Arctic Blue, Chosen One with Blazing Red, that kind of thing. For myself: Emperor’s Hand, Blue-Violet, flash Silver. Picked up a Dorian pommel, mostly because it looked nice. If it fits on the Hand, that’d be perfect. I shall be waiting patiently…

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 10:51:12 PM »

Welcome Sithy. Those are some great saber choices. I've wanted to get the "screen accurate" hilts for a while, but I can't quite afford them right now. As for the Emporer's Hand, that is one of those hilts that I will eventually get. It is inevitable, just a matter of time. I love the idea of the Dorian pommel with it, should look great (in fact I think I've seen others do it, and it looks amazing). Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 07:43:56 AM »

I shall have an EH one day too. Good choice.
As for the others, US' take on them is not accurate enough for my taste (graflex ones at least, but consular as well). But to each their own. Plus, if you wanna battle with it, US' versions are probably safer.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Great choice of sabers.  The Emperor's Hand is a great saber and my favorite. Got it with Diamond controller.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Sithy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 04:33:01 AM »

Thanks for the welcomes. You know that Will Ferrell movie where Will Ferrell asks, “Is there a way to make a coffee that’s half decaf and half regular???” (Half-caff, it’s called a half-caff) That’s kinda how I feel. Poking around the board, I found a bunch I didn’t know but wondered, notably, some useful technical info on screw sizes. I sent my minions to get a thumb screw for the Graflex Ceti.

That’s what I’m calling this one, the Graflex Ceti, cuz it’s the CE. I feel a tad guilty, seeing many have longed for this hilt, and I get one right off the bat. I seem to want to jump right into the game, into the dark end. Deep end, I meant deep end.

Discovered the spinning tutorials. Performing my first Obi-Ani spin with the Graflex. Quite a confidence moment. I’m glad I possess something durable enough to spin out stress, generate zen. The brightness, the sounds, the flash, all motivating. Makes for a great work out.

And, wow, my Co-Emperor seems to have surprised me with an Emperor’s Hand. This one’s on top of the Hand I ordered for myself, still being constructed. It’s a Fire Orange with a green-illuminated button. He thought I’d use it on walks, as I have with the eunuchs (er, silent sabers), the color signaling “caution,” as opposed to green, which means “go.” The ultra-edge blade looks good with the Fire Orange, reminds me of the orange lighting along Imperial bulkheads. I look forward to seeing it with a mirror blade when they arrive (I’m calling them mirror blades, cuz of the reflective film inside…works right?)

These two sabers were ordered a few days before and a few days after Christmas, and they arrived about a week ago. That was way faster than expected. Kudos.

(I would post pics, but I don't seem to know how... I'm sure you can guess what they look like...)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 11:52:42 AM »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your entry into the raffle! MTFBWY

Sithy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 06:35:52 PM »

I think I got it.

I can see 'em at least. So pretty...

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 10:04:31 PM »

Those sabers look great (especially the FO Emperor's Hand)!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »

That EH looks great with the green AV switch and orange blade