Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Researching for purchase of new saber  (Read 2545 times)
Blumoon25
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 23, 2021, 01:35:05 AM »

Hello all..!

I've been doing some research in what I want and what's a cheap option that I can afford.. I do want to get a soundboard to make the lightsaber experience complete.. The only problem is with the sound driver it runs the cost up significantly and I don't want to pay for that right now.. My question for now is will it be cheaper in the package bundle when you're creating your lightsaber or to buy the soundboard, speaker and whatever materials later and to install it yourself..?

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 05:06:03 AM »

I recommend the 'Consular.' Mine has Consular Green from Ultrasabers. The color that more than resembles it is the second picture, the Consular Green 'Grand Master.' The 'Grand Masters' battery tends to get stuck so if you plan on buying that one, I suggest a recharge cable. But the one I recommend is the 'Consular' because it looks good, can be wielded with one or two hands, and comes with a Nickel Finish 'CE' shroud which looks better in my opinion. It isn't too expensive, and it is wide enough for the batteries to be swapped out easily i.e. stuck speaker which sits below the battery. iPad mini and ink pen for reference. Overall, I wish you good luck with your decision. Be well.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 05:14:54 AM »

I recommend the 'Consular.' Mine has Consular Green from Ultrasabers. The color that more than resembles it is the second picture, the Consular Green 'Grand Master.' The 'Grand Masters' battery tends to get stuck so if you plan on buying that one, I suggest a recharge cable. But the one I recommend is the 'Consular' because it looks good, can be wielded with one or two hands, and comes with a Nickel Finish 'CE' shroud which looks better in my opinion. It isn't too expensive, and it is wide enough for the batteries to be swapped out easily i.e. stuck speaker which sits below the battery. iPad mini and ink pen for reference. Overall, I wish you good luck with your decision. Be well.

Shot above is the Nickel Shround 'CE' edition.

Found some more photos. Also, there's probably no need to mention it, but the sound on the 'Consular' is usually superior, acoustic-wise.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

Hello all..!

I've been doing some research in what I want and what's a cheap option that I can afford.. I do want to get a soundboard to make the lightsaber experience complete.. The only problem is with the sound driver it runs the cost up significantly and I don't want to pay for that right now.. My question for now is will it be cheaper in the package bundle when you're creating your lightsaber or to buy the soundboard, speaker and whatever materials later and to install it yourself..?

It typically is not cheaper to install sound yourself later. I usually buy stunt (no sound) sabers and install my own sound later. I do it because I find the install process relaxing and enjoyable. But the time I get the parts, sound card, speaker, speaker holder, new battery solution, switch, resistors and wire I have spent as much or more than I would have getting premium sound at the start.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »

It typically is not cheaper to install sound yourself later. I usually buy stunt (no sound) sabers and install my own sound later. I do it because I find the install process relaxing and enjoyable. But the time I get the parts, sound card, speaker, speaker holder, new battery solution, switch, resistors and wire I have spent as much or more than I would have getting premium sound at the start.

And if you want to send it back to UltraSabers to have them install the sound and all associated upgrades, it’s also (far) more expensive than simply buying the saber with sound in the first place.  I decided that rather than sending my Aeon LE V3 back to have it upgraded, I would simply buy another saber with sound, so that I would have two sabers.

Thanks to a sale, I ended up buying 6 additional sabers, but that’s a different story.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Blumoon25
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 05:00:12 AM »

Thanks for the tip everyone..! @Cyclops942 Lol.. Yea I was gonna buy a stunt saberstaff to own two but I think I may just go for the Aeon V5 with everything and a brood guard with a coupler.. make my own variation of a staff but also have two nice sabers with everything..
@Firehand10k Yea I think I'm just going to but sound on both.. It'll still be enough to enter the raffle and get an initiate saber maybe for my nephew..

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 07:02:42 AM »

Thanks for the tip everyone..! @Cyclops942 Lol.. Yea I was gonna buy a stunt saberstaff to own two but I think I may just go for the Aeon V5 with everything and a brood guard with a coupler.. make my own variation of a staff but also have two nice sabers with everything..
@Firehand10k Yea I think I'm just going to but sound on both.. It'll still be enough to enter the raffle and get an initiate saber maybe for my nephew..

I tried saber staff once. Two Menaces. I was terrible at it, but it looks nice on m wall. If you have the space to work with, I think 2 Aeon V5 would be just as nice as 1. Good luck.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 09:27:09 AM »

The coupler is always a good purchase if you're at all interested in using a staff or simply displaying it that way. As you said, you have two separate lightsabers on demand but for the minimal price of a coupler you can also have some good fun. I love the QR coupler to be able to detach them easily/quickly but I find it isn't optimal for pure spinning or simple spins regularly, since it creates a raised portion center staff you sort of have to work around. That said, buying a regular and QR coupler is a thought if you're really committed to dabbling with a saberstaff, but the regular one is the simplest to start out with. Plus in reality it just requires unscrewing each pommel and then connecting each hilt to the coupler, which only takes like 20-30 seconds anyway. QR is really just to do that action "mid combat".

But yes, a cool improvised staff of those 2 melded together sounds interesting. After all the customizations in JtFO nothing seems too far outside the box, and I like hybrid designs more often than not. The more unique and personalized people make things the more interesting and diverse the results become. I long for the convention scene to be reestablished to see all the various wonders first hand once more... the creativity and variety people bring to the table can be awesome indeed. So good luck planning out that next move, and yes a free initiate makes a cool gift. Plus you could always use your skills to try upgrading the initiate maybe?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: