Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Saber.....is this real?  (Read 705 times)
DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

In the outer rim...darkness awakens!

« on: January 25, 2021, 02:14:31 PM »

I was super excited, just after New year my son and I placed orders for our very first Sabers. I've been watching Ultra Sabers for years, every new Saber and every option just feeding that desire and need but I always felt like I couldn't afford one, couldn't justify the $400+ price tag for a "toy". I finally realized I was in a place and at a time in my life where I had the ability to do it and stop worrying, of course the first Saber I priced out was the one I wanted and would have easily cost me over $400, and that was just with lite sound, God help me if I had gone with the high end sound boards and the diamond controller.

I reigned myself in though and when talking to my son we both decided to go the Mystery Box route, lets ease into this we said, no matter what we got, it was a Lightsaber, it had to be good, right? Well, it arrived on Saturday and I was absolutely blown away by what I received. I was a little surprised by the weight, obviously they are metal construction and had it been made out of steel I can't even begin to imagine but its Aluminum, it can't be that heavy. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the heft and the feel of it in my hands, it just felt right, then I turned on the unit. No sound or effects but my chances of getting an equipped unit at the $75 tier are low so I had reasonable expectations, as I put it in my welcome post "Chances are I'll get the most generic hilt possible and a Guardian blue blade but I won't care, you know? Because I'll have a LIGHTSABER!" so I got a stunt saber with a reasonable hilt but the blade is what blew me away.

Of all the Mystery box videos I've watched by and far the most common blade color is red, followed closely by green and then blue, even in the $200 boxes I don't think I've seen one with an Adegan Silver blade so I was genuinly shocked and awed at the same time and I couldn't be happier about it! I'm already tweaking the back story of the Sith Accolyte character I'm creating to explain why he carries a silver blade and how it all came together.

From what I can tell I received a Phrophecy v3, its missing the covertec wheel and the brass thumb screws on the emitter but the silver switch is a nice touch. I plan to add the covertec wheel in black, should be pretty easy since the hole is already drilled and threaded and I should be able to find thumb screws at the hardware store if I really want to add them. Other than that I'm thinking about adding some leather wrap in the recessed areas above and below the switch and I want to figure out an easy way to color the end of the emitter as well; spray paint is the obvious choice but given the weather outside right now that will have to wait. I also want to somehow darken the inset areas at the base of the hilt, something to just make it uniquely mine without going overboard, nothing too crazy and flashy, I seriously couldn't be happier with this and can't wait for my next one, a true full custom build, just need to decide between Sun Riders Destiny and Banes Heart....decisions decisions....

And I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but it took me WAY too long to remember how to insert images lol been way too long since I spent time active on a board like this!

When all is said and done; all that will remain of the Jedi order are memories, and, given enough time, even those shall fade into folk tales and legends. They will disappear into obscurity and myth, only then my young apprentice, will the Dark Side, truly thrive!

---------------------------------------

Prophecy v3, Stunt Saber, Adegan Silver blade

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 04:15:46 PM »

Nice saber for sure =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:05:03 PM »

Oh yeah, that lightsaber euphoria when you first open the box on your 1st one, and it's that X-mas day kind of feeling! There is for sure some exhilaration each time you ignite it too. For anyone who always wanted one, it's just fantastic to own one... And customizing it is a serious plus for sure, glad you'll be doing that and enjoying the process too. It'll be great to see it when it's done.

I don't think I ever asked, what did your son wind up with by chance? Hopefully as pleased as you were.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: