Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question - Installing a covertec wheel myself  (Read 994 times)
DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

In the outer rim...darkness awakens!

« on: January 25, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »

So I purchased a mystery box saber, its a Prophecy v3 but the covertec wheel was not installed, the hole is drilled and threaded so realistically the hard part is already done, I've seen in some older posts that the screw is an 8-32 socket head screw which should be pretty easy to get locally, I hope, my question is does the covertec wheel that Ultra Sabers sells on their store come with the screw or is it just the wheel?

When all is said and done; all that will remain of the Jedi order are memories, and, given enough time, even those shall fade into folk tales and legends. They will disappear into obscurity and myth, only then my young apprentice, will the Dark Side, truly thrive!

---------------------------------------

Prophecy v3, Stunt Saber, Adegan Silver blade

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:32:44 PM »

The screw is included when you purchase a covertec wheel 👍

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 08:52:24 PM »

So I purchased a mystery box saber, its a Prophecy v3 but the covertec wheel was not installed, the hole is drilled and threaded so realistically the hard part is already done, I've seen in some older posts that the screw is an 8-32 socket head screw which should be pretty easy to get locally, I hope, my question is does the covertec wheel that Ultra Sabers sells on their store come with the screw or is it just the wheel?

Yup, comes with the screw.   You just need an 8/32 drill and tap set.   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 09:57:45 PM »

Perfect, thank you both!

When all is said and done; all that will remain of the Jedi order are memories, and, given enough time, even those shall fade into folk tales and legends. They will disappear into obscurity and myth, only then my young apprentice, will the Dark Side, truly thrive!

Red-Eyed Jedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 07:10:06 PM »

I just got the Prophecy v3 as well in my mystery box sent out on the 22nd! Arctic blue  Cool What color did the force bestow upon yours?

DarkAccolyte
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 02:48:18 PM »

I love the hilt and my blade ended up be Adegan Silver!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 03:36:23 PM »

I love the hilt and my blade ended up be Adegan Silver!

It'll be cool to see if you do the install eventually. I've never seen a blade with an open spot for a wheel like that.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Red-Eyed Jedi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 10:32:12 PM »

Did yours come with the two brass tension screws at the top? Mine did not. After emailing US I got a nice response, basically you just add the Hex wrench to your cart for $1 and then at check-out in the order notes you can put "SUBSTITUTE hex wrench for 2x (Prophecy 3v) retention screws" - Of course Shipping will put it over $1 but I thought that was pretty awesome. I like to grip at the top though so I'm hoping there's no hindrance with those equipped. Worth the look though  Cool

Red-Eyed Jedi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »

I can't edit my last post but I was accidentally misquoted and received another email following up. You would actually buy a Guarded switch for $6 and substitute the switch for the Brass knobs in the order notes.  Tongue Still totally worth it.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »

You could also get the brass knobs at most hardware stores. They are 8-32 in thread size and can be found in the lighting hardware area as they a also accent pieces for lamps.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff