Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dropped saber / color changed?  (Read 546 times)
Fienddrummer
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 25, 2021, 04:21:01 PM »

Hello all,
I have a stunt saber. My son dropped it and the color changed from blue to green. Changed the batteries, don't see any loose wires. When turning it on it flashes blue for a second and then bright green.
Any way to fix it?
I just told my son it was the force!

Thanks!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:46:00 PM »

I’m sure you already know lol, dropping a saber is no biggy.

It’s possible the connection in the LED housing shifted and is now bridged with the green lead. US single colour LED’s are RGB so they could be rewired to any of those colours (with a resistor for the red).

To check this, you’d need to slide the LED out of the emitter. You can take out the guts of the LED from the housing by unscrewing it from the bottom, then you’d have a good look at the wiring. If you do this, there should be an R, G, B labelled along the outer edge of the LED (one wire connected to a negative with a black wire) letting you know where the red wire should be attached.

That’s just my guess at this point Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 08:27:33 AM »

Hello all,
I have a stunt saber. My son dropped it and the color changed from blue to green. Changed the batteries, don't see any loose wires. When turning it on it flashes blue for a second and then bright green.
Any way to fix it?
I just told my son it was the force!

Thanks!

Yeah guess the little guys emotions shifted and his kyber crystal did as well? That's priceless you told him it was the Force that shifted his blade color... I can just envision him waving his hand at it or attempting to meditate to change his blade color back. That's just too funny! I'm trusting hazard or someone else to give out the practical advice, I just wanted to say "well done" with improvising in such an amusing way.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: