Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 3D Printed Blade Plug  (Read 1424 times)
Brinson
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: January 25, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »

Model found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4460044

3D printed a blade plug for my ultrasaber. Will post pictures of the actual saber as soon as I'm done with my customizations. I think this blade plug looks really cool because the infill pattern makes it looks like a gradient of lighter and darker blues that creates alot of depth in the plug.

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 02:55:37 AM »

Looks. Good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 03:40:59 AM »

super sweet! When do you go into mass production :-D

pointage!

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 02:25:48 PM »

super sweet! When do you go into mass production :-D

pointage!

Ha, yeah I want one already! It looks pretty sweet. I wonder if they make the material you can 3D Print things in with a glow-in-the-dark quality? Then it'd soak up the light and glow once the saber is turned off, or simply moving into the dark from sunlight; like if you were just wearing it on your hip and go indoors. Worth looking into.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »

Ha, yeah I want one already! It looks pretty sweet. I wonder if they make the material you can 3D Print things in with a glow-in-the-dark quality? Then it'd soak up the light and glow once the saber is turned off, or simply moving into the dark from sunlight; like if you were just wearing it on your hip and go indoors. Worth looking into.

Yes, they do, as a matter of fact.  I have several GITD items that fit my flashlights.  When the light is on, they act as diffusers, effectively turning my flashlights into lanterns, and when I shut off the light, they glow.

I would like to point out, though, that the material I have seen used is NOT the new-fangled stuff that is insanely bright, though.

Here’s a link to one  of the products I’ve bought, so you can contact the seller and see if he’ll share the source of his GITD material with you.

I believe I’m safe in posting this link, since I make no money from it, and since it is not a link to a competing light saber company, but if I’m wrong, I hereby apologize in advance, and ask the moderators to remove the link.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Brinson
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 03:41:42 PM »

That's a really good idea. Glow in the Dark filament is abundant. I haven't bought any yet, though, because one roll would print hundreds of these things, and I had clear lying around.

I wish I had a dual extruder printer, though, because ideally I'd do a crysta shape in the plugl in glow in the dark and the rest not so when you turned it off there would be a glowing outline of a crystal. There's even a few designs out there I could borrow from that have a crystal embedded in the plug.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 05:16:56 PM »

Oh yeah, the various crystal blade plugs I've seen crafted for individual use are impressive at times. I saw a member make his own and liked the look. I have several such crystals, so I want to do one myself one day; to say I constructed a part of my lightsaber or as a personal touch. I have no idea how much a roll of that stuff would cost, but probably not cheap. I can't think of anyone near me anymore with the capability or I'd conspire with or bankroll them to make me a one off custom item. Kind of fun to say "this is one of a kind because I made it, or designed it." I love seeing people doing wild additions to US, or post production mods. That way if having fun filming I can give other participants my stock US and run my custom versions personally. Or leave these adaptations for disaplay only. It's why I feel like when I one day build my own I'll use a favorite US hilt from my wish list...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 10:05:50 PM »

Fun fact: my grip shroud on my Dark Apprentice" build is a custom design that was 3D printed by Sedsti Skyfaller. My design started with a piece of packaging from an Axe scrubber sponge for the shower. I liked the shape so much it is also the basis for the emitter shroud in my "Invictus" build as well. Check out pics below.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 10:22:55 PM »

Fun fact: my grip shroud on my Dark Apprentice" build is a custom design that was 3D printed by Sedsti Skyfaller. My design started with a piece of packaging from an Axe scrubber sponge for the shower. I liked the shape so much it is also the basis for the emitter shroud in my "Invictus" build as well. Check out pics below.

Ok, not only is that a bit funny but pretty clever. You're using one thing and say "Hmmm this is the perfect grip, why just scrub away dirt when I can also dispatch my enemies with ease and a non slip grip?" Well done. Pretty classy/inventive.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 03:16:28 AM »

even better than that! It's not the scrubber but a piece of the packaging

– Yoda

ARSENAL:
-Whatever Points-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: