Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Medieval Fantasy Designs  (Read 1684 times)
Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

Mando'ad She'laar, Light Side Jetii

« on: January 29, 2021, 05:44:14 AM »

I've been writing a Medieval Fantasy SWs fic with Jedi being Knightly Mages and Mandalorians being Draconic Warriors. I'll post designs as I finish them!

Mandalorian Royal Guard Armor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 12:33:39 AM »

Interesting concept and cool design idea, nothing like some helmet horns lol.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 04:43:54 PM »

Thanks! I'm not usually a fan of horns on helmets but it seemed to fit my Dragon Warriors aesthetic. lol

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 09:40:12 PM »

Thanks! I'm not usually a fan of horns on helmets but it seemed to fit my Dragon Warriors aesthetic. lol

Yeah like battle trophies, in my mind the toughest Mandos would fashion entire dragon skulls into their helmets, like 'becoming the dragon' but also showing off their prey.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:41:17 PM »

Yeah like battle trophies, in my mind the toughest Mandos would fashion entire dragon skulls into their helmets, like 'becoming the dragon' but also showing off their prey.
I could see some Mandalorians having horns on their helmets. I think one Mandalorian commando added Maul-like horns to their helmet when Maul was leading Death Watch. So having something more extreme wouldn't be entirely unprecedented I suppose.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 02:22:35 AM »

Now you're just reminding me of Skyrim and forging some Dragon bone armor.

But I love the concept art, it makes me think it'd even work in SW. Some Mando force sensitive with a bit of a Sith side even? I think it'd be cool to see a throne room full of them though as intended (I'd suppose) by the OP. I could see it looking cool. Then again I do like medieval things as well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 08:15:13 AM »

I'm doing an entire Medieval Fantasy project and the Mandos actually revere a dragon as a deity so they would never add actual dragon pieces to their armor, they are considered sacred, but they will emulate it with other things, likes bones/horns from other creatures.

This is the Royal Guard uniform so all of the Royal Guard wear it. If you can imagine 100 of these guys, ready to go fight, with the only difference in armor being the symbols on the back of the cloak. lol

JNovaarii
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 04:24:04 PM »

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

current saber : Initiate v4 with fire orange blade, soon to have Obsidian v3 sound and av switch installed

wishlist dream saber:  Dark Initiate v5 with gold claws, with most of the black anodizing removed to create a custom look

"I am neither a servant of the light or the dark, but a servant of the balanced will of the Force. and serve the greater good of the galaxy"- Jeskaaro Nova'arii, Suva'arii Knight and Elite Guardian of the Fi'arii Empire

Light or dark points appreciated as warranted, My alignment will remain more or less neutral

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 04:15:32 AM »

Finished the Sith Sorcerer.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 06:14:38 PM »

I've been writing a Medieval Fantasy SWs fic with Jedi being Knightly Mages and Mandalorians being Draconic Warriors. I'll post designs as I finish them!

Mandalorian Royal Guard Armor

Finished the Sith Sorcerer.

I like these^^

I am reminded of the Dragon Quest RPG series  Smiley (of which I'm a huge fan...as such, I can't wait to see more!)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 08:02:48 PM »

My best friend is a huge fan of the Dragon Quest series too! Especially 8.  Smiley I've only played 8, because it's the only one of the series owns, and I really like it.

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 12:42:35 PM »

Senior Jedi Knight Peony Connifer. She is a Storm Fae.
All Jedi have crystal weapons forged by themselves.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 06:00:17 PM »

Senior Jedi Knight Peony Connifer. She is a Storm Fae.
All Jedi have crystal weapons forged by themselves.

I like your interpretation of "medieval fantasy Jedi!"  I like your pic: perfect for the setting (as is your explanation for the lightsaber-as-a-crystal-weapon  Smiley).

Keep them coming, LB!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 05:07:20 AM »

Thanks so much!

Random tidbit but it'll be more obvious later- the Jedi in this world don't use/wear metal armor, only leather or heavy cotton jerkins. I've also changed every alien species into a fantasy race so they should be fun to draw. lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: