Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Member with new Consular on the way  (Read 2096 times)
JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points only, please.

« on: January 29, 2021, 06:24:01 PM »

Hello all, back from the shadowlands.

I had owned two ultrasabers, years ago......probably ten or more years ago, before giving them to my nephew.  I recently refound my love of the movies and cosplay, so decided to begin the journey into the saber world once more.  My first purchase was from one of "the other guys" on etsy, and it has been a disaster.  So, I slapped myself in the forehead and said "Why don't you just get another Ultrasaber?"

So, I have a stunt heavy-bladed Consular in consular green being made. No bells, no whistles, just tough as nails, the way my old ones were.

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »

Hello JoleeBindo. I thought I had seen/recognised your name but it escapes me from where. Great choice with the Consular and green blade, but I would say that as I'm a big Qui-Gon fan. Welcome back and enjoy your time here.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 07:15:07 PM »

I had owned two ultrasabers, years ago......probably ten or more years ago, before giving them to my nephew.  I recently refound my love of the movies and cosplay, so decided to begin the journey into the saber world once more.  My first purchase was from one of "the other guys" on etsy, and it has been a disaster.  So, I slapped myself in the forehead and said "Why don't you just get another Ultrasaber?"

So, I have a stunt heavy-bladed Consular in consular green being made. No bells, no whistles, just tough as nails, the way my old ones were.

So very noble in a SW way to pass down one's lightsabers to the next generation, and then take a new one in hand when the need arises. Now I suppose you can test the results of your nephew's training during the duration and simultaneously see if you've still got it? Kidding (sort of), but glad you reawakened that spark! I wonder what it was that did it for you? At any rate welcome (or welcome back) and I do hope you enjoy your newly forged lightsaber as much as the old ones, nothing's wrong with a solid stunt saber. Mine continue to serve me well. If we're lucky you'll get around to posting some awesome/fun cosplay photos eventually. Maybe one day you'll get to walk around Disneyland with your lightsaber on your belt...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 07:48:02 PM »

Thank you for your kind welcome, fellow force users.

For Tyeth, Jolee was a companion of Revan's in some of the earlier games that only folks of a more advanced age will recall....I'm not a youngling anymore, which is one of the reasons I identify so strongly with his character.  We do not share the same skin color, but we certainly share the same attitude.  I am also a big Qui Gon fan.  His attitude toward the council and his not being afraid to take his own counsel, this is the way. 

DarthProdigal, he has definitely improved over the years (thanks to alittle prodding from his uncle.)  However, he is on the other side of the country, so dueling him will have to wait.  Plus it gives this old man time to shake the rust off.  So. Much. Rust. 

As to what reawakened my interest, it's a game that I had no idea existed. SW:TOR.  My girlfriend plays it and one day asked if I'd like to make a character.  How did I not know this technology existed?  Now I'm hooked again, and am walking the path of the outcast, or Grey Jedi.  Yes, I know it's not canon. Or is it canon this week, lol?

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 07:52:40 PM »

DarthProdigal, after the new tunic arrives, I will glady post cosplay photos! 

I would also love to walk around Galaxy's Edge in full gear, but Disney has outlawed that for folks over 14.  However, I will be in full cosplay at Megacon in August, if any will be attending. I would love to grab a drink (in full cosplay, yes a bunch of Sith and Jedi in a bar, just yes), or have a duel or dozen in the parking lot.  I am a former heavy fighter in a group called the SCA, and a student of Kenjutsu, so saber combat is also a big yes for me.  I don't spin, but I will happily defend and attack. I believe my saber style takes after Obi Wan, in that regard.  Defend, and then when your opponents leaves on opening, poke your weapon into it.

Us old men have to conserve our strength.  There was a story about bulls that gave counsel along those lines...

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »

Welcome Jolee. The Consular is a great design and one I hope to own myself one day.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function available (picture with magnifying glass) that can often find you the answers you seek, but if you can't find what you need with that, ask away. Someone will quickly be along to help out.
Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 11:31:01 PM »

DarthProdigal, after the new tunic arrives, I will glady post cosplay photos!  

I would also love to walk around Galaxy's Edge in full gear, but Disney has outlawed that for folks over 14.  However, I will be in full cosplay at Megacon in August, if any will be attending. I would love to grab a drink (in full cosplay, yes a bunch of Sith and Jedi in a bar, just yes), or have a duel or dozen in the parking lot.  I am a former heavy fighter in a group called the SCA, and a student of Kenjutsu, so saber combat is also a big yes for me.  I don't spin, but I will happily defend and attack. I believe my saber style takes after Obi Wan, in that regard.  Defend, and then when your opponents leaves on opening, poke your weapon into it.

Us old men have to conserve our strength.  There was a story about bulls that gave counsel along those lines...

KOTOR & 2 will always have a place in my memory. Though it's good those lightsabers inspired and went to good use. I've yet to immerse myself in that particular adventure, but look forward to it on my endless to-do-list. Glad you and your significant other could have that fun together, that's always a good sign when she gets you into a game knowing you would love it.

Yes as well, gladly, if at all possible JB. That age restriction sounds like some tyrannical laws worthy of the Empire. But I can and will participate in conventions assuming they're back in full swing. And several Sith and Jedi walk into a bar... yeah I won't even attempt that joke, but I would raise a glass in that scenario. I have been and likely to some extent will always remain a practitioner of that particular art, although I have yet to find a league nearby with lightsabers since this plague spread. I have armor and will gladly spar when and if possible. One can believe that the Force may have our paths cross and a duel commence some day on the horizon... I'm an avid lover of combat, so I'll also never let that fade.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 01:27:12 AM »

KOTOR & 2 will always have a place in my memory. Though it's good those lightsabers inspired and went to good use. I've yet to immerse myself in that particular adventure, but look forward to it on my endless to-do-list. Glad you and your significant other could have that fun together, that's always a good sign when she gets you into a game knowing you would love it.

Yes as well, gladly, if at all possible JB. That age restriction sounds like some tyrannical laws worthy of the Empire. But I can and will participate in conventions assuming they're back in full swing. And several Sith and Jedi walk into a bar... yeah I won't even attempt that joke, but I would raise a glass in that scenario. I have been and likely to some extent will always remain a practitioner of that particular art, although I have yet to find a league nearby with lightsabers since this plague spread. I have armor and will gladly spar when and if possible. One can believe that the Force may have our paths cross and a duel commence some day on the horizon... I'm an avid lover of combat, so I'll also never let that fade.

I would absolutely love to spar you!  I, too, have a full set of armor that would work nicely for saber combat. I did SCA cut and thrust for a time before leaving that society and the armor used is very similar, in regards to 350n fencing masks with back of head protection, head, joint, and groin armor.  Getting armor to fit well and not hinder is much harder than it first seems, isn't it?

Megacon has pushed back their dates twice, but they are adamant about August.  I cosplayed as Stormtrooper X the year before last, there. I considered it a success when not one single person figured out who I was. Not even the 501st.  I didn't tell, either. This year's prequel Jedi cosplay is going to be epic, I am thinking.  I've been picking up good quality pieces for a bit, and I'm happy how they're coming together. I should have the last pieces of the ensembled by late next week, or early the week after. Pics will shortly follow.

Taegin Roan, thank you for your help!  I will not hesitate to ask if I think of any questions.

Wait! I've got one!  What's the inside diameter of the Consular's hilt?  I saw a good usb battery mod on a blog, and am planning on doing it at some point. If no one has one to measure, and calipers, don't worry about it.  I'll just have to wait until my saber arrives, and then will post the inside diameter after I've measured it.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 01:34:36 AM »

Hello and welcome back to the forum.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 02:39:57 AM »

Thank you, Malik!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 05:11:36 AM »

Taegin Roan, thank you for your help!  I will not hesitate to ask if I think of any questions.

Wait! I've got one!  What's the inside diameter of the Consular's hilt?  I saw a good usb battery mod on a blog, and am planning on doing it at some point. If no one has one to measure, and calipers, don't worry about it.  I'll just have to wait until my saber arrives, and then will post the inside diameter after I've measured it.

That's the spirit! Because I don't own my own Consular (yet), I can't say for certain. Maybe someone who does have one will be able to confirm. From what I've found though, it seems like the inside diameter is 1.25" (one and one-quarter inches).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 05:52:57 AM »

Hello. Everyone should own a Consular!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 10:49:19 AM »

Kotor was a great game and Jolee a very interesting character. Nice choice!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »

That's the spirit! Because I don't own my own Consular (yet), I can't say for certain. Maybe someone who does have one will be able to confirm. From what I've found though, it seems like the inside diameter is 1.25" (one and one-quarter inches).

Thank you for that information Taegin! That helps alot.

Hello. Everyone should own a Consular!

Any particular reason why you say this, Mercury?

Kotor was a great game and Jolee a very interesting character. Nice choice!

I wholeheartedly agree!  He has always been my favorite force user, since I encountered him.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »

Thank you for that information Taegin! That helps alot.

Any particular reason why you say this, Mercury?

I wholeheartedly agree!  He has always been my favorite force user, since I encountered him.

I will not be able to agree with you since my favorite was Juhani ^^'
And I'll eventually get Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber, but probably from elsewhere. The consular is not accurate enough for what I have in mind. (100% shelf queen)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up