Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: which version of the millennium falcon is best  (Read 1191 times)
B-706
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« on: January 29, 2021, 08:01:33 PM »

I need to settle a bet.

power is the real currency

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:50:53 PM »

I need to settle a bet.

Han's. From episodes 4-6. Although, I did actually really like a lot of aspects of Lando's falcon. Namely the cleanliness and the cape closet.  Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »

Han’s eps 4-6 no contest. While it was neat seeing what it looked like fresh out of the factory and all I prefer the “fastest hunk of junk” in the galaxy look. ..and with the round dish.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 07:20:37 PM »

Han’s eps 4-6 no contest. While it was neat seeing what it looked like fresh out of the factory and all I prefer the “fastest hunk of junk” in the galaxy look. ..and with the round dish.

I'm also a bit prejudiced to Episodes IV-VI since that was the original version I saw, but in the spirit of fairness I'm going to reserve final judgement until I review all iterations of it again, including the latest trilogy... I'm a pilot in mindset, so the one with the best stats would win out over aesthetics if it's a big enough difference. So I'll have to look and see if it got any legitimate upgrades that factor in over the decades.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 01:17:43 AM »

I'm also a bit prejudiced to Episodes IV-VI since that was the original version I saw, but in the spirit of fairness I'm going to reserve final judgement until I review all iterations of it again, including the latest trilogy... I'm a pilot in mindset, so the one with the best stats would win out over aesthetics if it's a big enough difference. So I'll have to look and see if it got any legitimate upgrades that factor in over the decades.

By that reasoning, I believe Han's still wins. He made "a lot of special modifications himself" in order to make it better than the original, and the modifications made by Unkar Plutt and the rest who were in possession of it before Rey steals it caused a lot of issues.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 12:37:35 PM »

By that reasoning, I believe Han's still wins. He made "a lot of special modifications himself" in order to make it better than the original, and the modifications made by Unkar Plutt and the rest who were in possession of it before Rey steals it caused a lot of issues.

Suppose that puts my vote squarely in the "Han Solo's" Millennium Falcon camp then. Even though we know Han likes to embellish things and make himself out to sound more prodigious, skilled, or awesome than in truth at certain times; when it comes down to pure performance that equals safety and longevity so I'll believe he really wanted to have a faster ship for sure. Not to mention those defensive turrets to manually shred incoming fighters... what's not to love?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »

For the record Lando’s version wasn’t factory fresh. From my I understanding it was restored and up graded. The Falcon has had a long and tragic history. The fact it’s still even able to hold together is amazing. Which is another great thing to love about it. It just won’t die.

Note my comments are based on research that I did quite some time ago.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 07:36:22 PM »

For the record Lando’s version wasn’t factory fresh. From my I understanding it was restored and up graded. The Falcon has had a long and tragic history. The fact it’s still even able to hold together is amazing. Which is another great thing to love about it. It just won’t die.

Reminds me of the Ebon Hawk, and why I love that ship too.

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 09:36:27 PM »

Ok cool to know. I’ve seen Solo exactly once so I don’t even remember if there’s dialog about it but my general impression was that it was at least closer to what it originally was supposed to look like.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: