Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: new member, long time geek, double bladed initiate on order  (Read 812 times)
Finmar
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 31, 2021, 03:33:37 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm a life long Star Wars geek. I tried out the mystery saber and liked it so much I ordered a custom built double saber.
My husband and cousin are black belt martial artists and we're working out the sword forms. Super excited for the new one to come in.

--Finmar

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 05:23:56 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 01:41:10 PM »

That's very cool, welcome. I love my saberstaff, I find double bladed lightsabers to be too much fun to practice with. I do hope you enjoy yours when it arrives, but I'm also glad you have others whom share an interest and learning along side you or helping out. It's a rather enjoyable hobby or form of exercise for sure if you get that level of serious! Plus it's just cool "knowing how" to use a lightsaber. Lifetime geek dream status for sure. People love photos here if you all wind up managing any along the way.

But yeah, those with backgrounds in MA tend to have some pretty good fun with this type of thing especially if their experience was weapon based. Always touted MA classes and groups for family instruction or providing great workouts. Many here have gotten several family members involved in the dynamic. I'd call that a win.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »

Welcome Finmar! We here on the SaberForum love seeing pictures of people's sabers. We'd love to see what you got, if you are willing to share!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function available (picture with magnifying glass) that can be super useful in answering questions, but if you can't find what you are looking for with that, ask away. Someone will quickly be along to help out.
Since you mentioned "working out the sword forms", might I recommend checking out the Saber Combat subforum. There are a ton of great resources there that might be of benefit to you. Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 10:06:13 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm a life long Star Wars geek. I tried out the mystery saber and liked it so much I ordered a custom built double saber.
My husband and cousin are black belt martial artists and we're working out the sword forms. Super excited for the new one to come in.

--Finmar

Funny, just realized I never asked what mystery lightsaber you received originally that wowed you; and sparked the desire for the double bladed lightsaber purchase?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 12:53:11 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums.
What saber and color did you get? we always like to know what others have gotten. Wink

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 01:03:28 AM »

Hey welcome to the forum we hope to see pics of your sabers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »

Hello Finmar,

Welcome to the forum! A saber staff Initiate is a great way to start off so I look forward to seeing pictures and saber forms when you receive it.   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: