Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Introduction: Astral  (Read 2040 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 08:31:17 PM »

I'm glad you all love the saber! I definitely love how aggressive it looks. I just had to do the claw flip as well to give it that extra oomph in appearance (and also to not cut my hands haha).

This sounds amazing! I'd love to see that if you add that to your collection one day.

Ok, I went back and looked. It was a lightsaber with a customized paint job done by another member. Here's the link and a copy of their photo/post for you to see for reference:
Let's see if this works. Its odd that I can't actually seem to upload the image to saberforum so have to rely on other hosts not blocking the direct link.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46757.0

It was such a great job I thought you might want to see it firsthand.

Hello Astral and DarthRondoudou,

First off, congrats Astral on two nice sabers, the Force was with you picking these.
And second, it was me that discovered how the claws were fitted on the hilt and suggested the flip...

OK I thought it was retention screw not a Roll Pin but I basically solved the mystery! If you do flip the claws you could always use a small amount of NON permanent Loctite just to be sure they are firmly in place.
Anyhow to Astral, I hope your sabers serve you long and well.

It's also pretty cool and not terribly surprising it was you who first realized the possibility of flipping those claws around FT. Nice job thinking creatively and taking the initiative, bringing many people a fun customization option that is also functionally useful.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 08:49:58 PM »

Welcome Astral! Those are some great sabers. Fire Orange is (as of right now) my favorite color that UltraSabers offers. It was my first saber, and still my favorite. I love seeing others get orange blades (as they are severely underrated). And I believe that the blue one is Arctic Blue.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function available (picture with magnifying glass) that can be super useful, but if you can't find what you are looking for with that, ask away. Someone is sure to have the answer.
Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 09:34:36 PM »

Hello Astral and DarthRondoudou,

First off, congrats Astral on two nice sabers, the Force was with you picking these.
And second, it was me that discovered how the claws were fitted on the hilt and suggested the flip...
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=831.msg666009#msg666009

OK I thought it was retention screw not a Roll Pin but I basically solved the mystery! If you do flip the claws you could always use a small amount of NON permanent Loctite just to be sure they are firmly in place.
Anyhow to Astral, I hope your sabers serve you long and well.

Well thanks then!
I'll consider flipping them. Don't have loctite at the moment though. And my kid enjoys hitting hard waaaaaay too much for me to take the risk of losing a claw or a pin ^^'

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 11:51:48 AM »

It's also pretty cool and not terribly surprising it was you who first realized the possibility of flipping those claws around FT. Nice job thinking creatively and taking the initiative, bringing many people a fun customization option that is also functionally useful.

I'll be honest, I was studying the saber as I was thinking of modelling it in Blender 3D to come up with some new "schemes" for it. Unfortunately I got side-tracked and haven't modelled it yet (though I do have models of the Aeon V3, V4 and the Sentinel V4!)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 02:33:45 PM »

Well thanks then!
I'll consider flipping them. Don't have loctite at the moment though. And my kid enjoys hitting hard waaaaaay too much for me to take the risk of losing a claw or a pin ^^'

That's certainly one option to add "weathering" or battle scarring to your lightsabers... I know you like elegant lightsabers and "shelf perfect models" for display only on occasion. So it must be it's own struggle to say "No Jr, not that one!" or "These are the 'nice' ones remember?". Still it sounds fun to have such "fierce" duels on occasion. Take care to not get defeated and overthrown one day...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2021, 03:02:53 PM »

That's certainly one option to add "weathering" or battle scarring to your lightsabers... I know you like elegant lightsabers and "shelf perfect models" for display only on occasion. So it must be it's own struggle to say "No Jr, not that one!" or "These are the 'nice' ones remember?". Still it sounds fun to have such "fierce" duels on occasion. Take care to not get defeated and overthrown one day...
He's 3 though ^^'
So far, he's mostly interested in the free intiates I got. But I enjoy using my Empress or my dark Sentinel LE V5.
I mostly block. He's all about the attack xD best defense is strong offence kind of kid you know =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2021, 05:05:35 PM »

He's 3 though ^^'
So far, he's mostly interested in the free intiates I got. But I enjoy using my Empress or my dark Sentinel LE V5.
I mostly block. He's all about the attack xD best defense is strong offence kind of kid you know =D

Excellent, the Force is strong with that one, wonder if his first words were "power", "lightsaber", or something else indicating greatness... lol Just sounds like a good workout and defensive training drill for sure. Nice one.

You guys are rather lucky to have friends and family who have such passion. I'll be lucky to find worthwhile training partners that can keep up or show any level of regularity.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2021, 07:07:11 PM »

Excellent, the Force is strong with that one, wonder if his first words were "power", "lightsaber", or something else indicating greatness... lol Just sounds like a good workout and defensive training drill for sure. Nice one.

You guys are rather lucky to have friends and family who have such passion. I'll be lucky to find worthwhile training partners that can keep up or show any level of regularity.
That's far from the practise level I wish for, but it's fun nonetheless.
Unfortunately he picked up on the word "chevalier". Wich is "knight". And does not sound dark side at all. I'll have to work on that. And no, it was not his first word since I did not have my US lightsabers at the time. But he DID play a lot with Dooku's and Ahsoka's lightsabers as soon as he could stand =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Astral
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

Light Side Warrior Wielding Dark Side Abilities

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 07:12:58 PM »

Sorry for the delay everyone. My review can now be found in the Reviews section of the forum! I'll link it here.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46813.0

I prefer a balance of light/dark side points!
My Collection:
* Dominix LE v5 - Fire Orange - Silver FOC - Obsidian v4 Soundboard
Wishlist:
The Chosen One SE/CE
The Graflex CE
The Fallen
(More to be added)

vader18
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 07:30:49 PM »

congratulations on your first ultrasaber, i am expecting my first today also

Astral
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

Light Side Warrior Wielding Dark Side Abilities

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 10:28:26 PM »

Thank you vader18! And congratulations on your first as well today. Please post pictures when you get it! I'd love to see what model and color you got.

I prefer a balance of light/dark side points!
My Collection:
* Dominix LE v5 - Fire Orange - Silver FOC - Obsidian v4 Soundboard
Wishlist:
The Chosen One SE/CE
The Graflex CE
The Fallen
(More to be added)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: