Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Covertect Clips  (Read 2433 times)
Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« on: February 01, 2021, 10:25:46 PM »

I've noticed that the connection that the covertect clips provide to the covertect wheels are a bit more lose than I would like.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:43:15 PM »

Makes it feel more authentic though, notice in the prequel movies the lightsabers were also kinda loose on the covertech clips

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 10:46:36 PM »

Yeah but it also worries me that it could easily dislodge. Has anyone's lightsaber been dislodged from the covertect clip by accident?

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish

Light Side Favored.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 11:33:00 PM »

I've never had an issue with my saber and the covertec clip. It's pretty secure.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 11:37:37 PM »

Yeah but it also worries me that it could easily dislodge. Has anyone's lightsaber been dislodged from the covertect clip by accident?

I did a couple of years back during Dragon Con.  It was holding my Bellicose and it easily came out of the holder, luckily my cloak had a grasp on it or it would be hit the street surface.  So I totally get what your saying.

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 11:38:59 PM »

Yeah these sabers are expensive.

Light Side Favored.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 02:32:06 AM »

I did a couple of years back during Dragon Con.  It was holding my Bellicose and it easily came out of the holder, luckily my cloak had a grasp on it or it would be hit the street surface.  So I totally get what your saying.

Ha, that's epic. Your outfit protected your lightsaber! I don't know if that's the Force or simply great multipurpose outfit design. Either way it's awesome.

I'd share Hulk's concerns if I had a more expensive or designer style of lightsaber for sure. Mine are more functional and meant for training/dueling than anything else. But it doesn't mean I don't like their finish or trying to preserve their appearance as long as I can. Especially if I did a custom paint job i didn't want getting chipped or worn away. When I wind up getting a fancy or more ornate hilt I'd hate to see it all scarred or scratched up unintentionally or for some silly reason... I guess I'll have to experiment with a covertech clip and see if there is a way to further enhance retention for potential higher value lightsabers. Like a multi retention pistol holster uses, an added "safety" or something before it just dislodges.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »

I've never had an issue and I have jumped, ran and even fallen while wearing a saber...never had one come loose.  Hell the only time one did fall was because my belt broke.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »

I've never had an issue and I have jumped, ran and even fallen while wearing a saber...never had one come loose.  Hell the only time one did fall was because my belt broke.
This deserves a point.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

GypsyJedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »

Is it possible to add the wheel to a standard Dark Catalyst? It was a gift. (And my first lightsaber. )

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 09:09:46 AM »

Is it possible to add the wheel to a standard Dark Catalyst? It was a gift. (And my first lightsaber. )

If you're talking about a covertech wheel not a clip... and you want to install one on a lightsaber without a hole pre drilled, then you're going to have to do that part yourself.

Here's a few links to topics with relevant info:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40799.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=44276.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35922.0

These should point you in the right direction, if not continue to search to your hearts content...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:22 PM »

I've become minorly concerned... I cheaped out on covertech clips when placing my order. I was trying to cut corners, and save as much money as I could at the onset. In my mind I thought "Oh, it shouldn't be much trouble to order one later..." But I kind of assumed at the time they were all also 1 standard size with a "universal clip" you just order. But the more I see various models from US with covertech wheels installed, the more it appears they can vary slightly/wildly.

SO my questions are: 1). Are there different sized clips to order?
                                2). If yes, Does the size just get determined by the hilt you're ordering? So if I wanted to buy multiple ones at once (for different lightsabers) I'd have to denote
                                     which I need.
                                3). If yes to question 1, just how many size variants are there?

Thanks if someone/people indeed know this info. It's been in the back of my mind, and I feel it'd be troublesome to search down this info myself.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 07:57:40 PM »

I've become minorly concerned... I cheaped out on covertech clips when placing my order. I was trying to cut corners, and save as much money as I could at the onset. In my mind I thought "Oh, it shouldn't be much trouble to order one later..." But I kind of assumed at the time they were all also 1 standard size with a "universal clip" you just order. But the more I see various models from US with covertech wheels installed, the more it appears they can vary slightly/wildly.

SO my questions are: 1). Are there different sized clips to order?
                                2). If yes, Does the size just get determined by the hilt you're ordering? So if I wanted to buy multiple ones at once (for different lightsabers) I'd have to denote
                                     which I need.
                                3). If yes to question 1, just how many size variants are there?

Thanks if someone/people indeed know this info. It's been in the back of my mind, and I feel it'd be troublesome to search down this info myself.
I ordered one clip from US, and so far all sabers go well with it.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 08:04:36 PM »

I ordered one clip from US, and so far all sabers go well with it.

Even the Emperor's Hand? I mean I've seen some that look like they have FAT wheels on them. Like someone looked at the standard wheel and said "Nope, I need 28 inch spinning rims instead. Just because." Maybe it's just me, and it's some optical illusion visual thing about the photo perspectives.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 08:08:29 PM »

Even the Emperor's Hand? I mean I've seen some that look like they have FAT wheels on them. Like someone looked at the standard wheel and said "Nope, I need 28 inch spinning rims instead. Just because." Maybe it's just me, and it's some optical illusion visual thing about the photo perspectives.
I tested Guardian, EH, Empress and intiate V5.
I also have a clip from some other guys. I should give it a try as well. When I find it... It's definitely somewhere on my desk... I'm sure of it...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up