Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Githany: A dedicated book. (Spoilers WILL follow, eventually)  (Read 706 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« on: February 05, 2021, 12:37:55 AM »

Githany, I decided to start a topic because I didn't see a dedicated one. I want her to have her own book, and I want to see what others have to say about it.

That said SPOILER ALERT This is your warning, turn back now if you REALLY don't want to know, haven't read the Darth Bane series... Or something similar. I recommend any fan of the Dark Side read those books, and for sure do so BEFORE reading or posting things here. I want you to have the option, or experience 1st hand without aspects of it ruined. So, I gave my fair warning. If you keep reading or show up later on and your eyes melt from the super SPOILERS then I won't feel very bad since I tried hard to warn people!

So, Githany is just beautiful. Very attractive, and having a terribly clever mind. Her history is interesting in what we hear about it. She's a former Jedi, during a time of war. She breaks the rules of the Order, and eventually leaves it. She has to have some pretty decent power, because she has the potential to (and becomes) a Sith Lord. In addition to all this, as if it weren't reason enough, she uses a VERY exotic weapon... the Lightwhip. To the best of my knowledge, it is the first mention of such a weapon. I would love to read a full book about her; her origins, time with the Jedi, Master and fellow Jedi, break with the Order, recruitment to the Sith, and ascension to the level of Sith Lord. If done well, this would be a serious partial prequel to one of the Bane books, and even run parallel to many events in that same book. I seriously want Drew Karpyshyn to write this book (since he's the original author of the Bane series, the Darth Revan book, and a huge part of the KOTOR games) it's his character originally and I would love to read his telling of her story. I'm a huge fan of his work, and currently media with a strong female lead is in demand/upwardly trending as well. Githany is one heck of a character, she has serious spirit and motivations, she's bold, beautiful, driven, and has depth. To see her raised within the Order and her dramatic fall from grace and embracing the Dark Side... I feel it'd be a super interesting read. So yeah, if anyone out there agrees, disagrees, knows of something preexisting that I've missed that covers this somehow or just wants to show some Githany fan love: go right on ahead here.

Just found this fan art on the web. Seems like there are indeed some comics out there I missed which excited me to see in theory, but I didn't dig further. BECAUSE I don't want to know much about them without having read them personally. SO if you know about them/read them and plan to post here, please don't spoil those details... maybe just talk about how many issues or what series they fall under. I MUST read these, because I'm a fan of the character most certainly. But only know her from the Bane series so far. So yeah, does she need a book?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 06:18:01 AM »

The fan art is interesting.
I haven't read much material about SW save some comics here and there.
I think I saw a recommandation thread. I might have to start with that.
I do want to read about Thrawn.
And even if made never made it into my favorite siths, it might be worth a read. So thank you for the nudge =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 03:04:12 PM »

There are so many great books out there, they've really produced decades worth of some pretty compelling and interesting literature... I feel like I have barely scratched the surface overall even with the several I've read or own. The covid reading list I compiled wasn't near enough to make a dent in the massive number of SW books... I only have one left before I'm done with my stockpile, and sadly they do rack up a little cost collectively while purchasing multiple volumes. I do like to own the books I read when given the chance. I suppose I just loved her as a character when I first read about her years ago, and always wanted supplemental material.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 06:35:21 PM »

So, upon being rather interested (and wanting to get ahead of the curve just incase someone decided to post) I looked into the comics featuring Githany. They were released before the book series... so in truth these comics predate the Bane books. So far it would also appear they cover some of the events within one of the books as well, so if you want less spoilers for the book series, read that before the comics. Although, if you're here already that may be irrelevant already. To summarize it: she apparently appears in Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith issues #1-6 (which I'm now reading through). And I found a place to skim through those volumes here: https://www.comicextra.com/ Even though I encourage buying such things for a collection, and I likely will at the first opportunity since I'm a huge Bane fan, I little "preview reading" won't disagree with my Sith nature. They are pretty savage so far, and will definitely SPOIL parts of the books, just saying it in advance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: