Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: One order, 3 excited people.  (Read 3926 times)
Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« on: February 06, 2021, 09:44:14 PM »

This venture started with my autistic daughter (14) who loves sabers. She has been collecting sabers for a year now starting with lower cost plastic ones. She wanted an Ultrasaber for her bday and I told her it will take till after her birthday to get it but agreed to get her one. My youngest son (17) wanted one for his bday too and he saved up to add the extra so he can have a saber staff. With the big winter raffle sale I ordered one for me too. We all got stunt sabers, Dark apprentice le v4 for my daughter, Dark apprentice v4 staff with quick release for my son, and for me initiate le v4. We do love saber sparing and this will be amazing for that. Now to just patiently wait impatiently for the 3 to 4 week assembly time and shipping time.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 09:48:13 PM »

This venture started with my autistic daughter (14) who loves sabers. She has been collecting sabers for a year now starting with lower cost plastic ones. She wanted an Ultrasaber for her bday and I told her it will take till after her birthday to get it but agreed to get her one. My youngest son (17) wanted one for his bday too and he saved up to add the extra so he can have a saber staff. With the big winter raffle sale I ordered one for me too. We all got stunt sabers, Dark apprentice le v4 for my daughter, Dark apprentice v4 staff with quick release for my son, and for me initiate le v4. We do love saber sparing and this will be amazing for that. Now to just patiently wait impatiently for the 3 to 4 week assembly time and shipping time.
Oh you will definitely have fun =D

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 10:49:33 PM »

That is the same saberstaff I have, I love it. Good choices all around. I do hope you are all well pleased with them when you receive them.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 01:12:22 PM »

I've ordered a saberstaff for myself. It should arrive on Tuesday.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »

I've ordered a saberstaff for myself. It should arrive on Tuesday.

I suppose all you may have required was a coupler for the preexisting lightsabers you had, but I understand wanting to have separate lightsabers for various reasons. That's great/cool. Welcome to the staff wielder's club (metaphorically I don't think there is an actual one per se), it's a crazy good time handling one IMO .

That's part of why I could see a 17 yr old enjoying it, I know I would have at that age. I used my collapsible plastic Maul version till it was no more. It's just such a different dynamic of movement/attacks that are a bit thrilling. Guess the young man has the unique opportunity to be able to even try dealing with 2 separate targets at once on a semi regular basis in true Episode 1 style. If carried out safely that'd be great to learn serious defense, where your openings are, and all about proper movement.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »

Well with the fact that I studied many fighting styles from fencing to kendo as well as staff and stick forms my kids have learned from me. Needles to say we have killed a few plastic sabers. We should have this set of sabers in hand for the start of good out door weather.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 05:30:12 PM »

You all are going to have a great time. You got the best of US dueling sabers. The peaked at the v4s. The details make them look more "ooh lightsaber" than the v2 or v3 and they have excellent grip space without the protrusions or extra long windows of the v5.
I use Aeon LE v4s and  Sentinel LE v4 staff for heavy dueling and am better equipped than whatever other sabers I come up against.
Plus if you ever want to the are easy to upgrade/ add to due to the MHS compatible pommel. After those plastic sabers welcome to the big leagues.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 06:18:59 PM »

I have to say Ultrasabers was quick to let me know about some shortages and offer options to get sabers to me. They also quickly got the adjusted order out hella fast. Erin is a great cs rep, even with the shortages hiccups I am 100% satisfied with how my order was handled. I am very likely to to shop with Ultrasabers again.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 06:35:16 PM »

I'm quite curious what changes were made; and if it's still an order in the works, is on its way to you, or already arrived? I'm glad you've had a rather pleasant experience!

I've been having a bit more pure spinning fun (as of late) with my lightsabers and getting really familiar with the various grip/choke points on each model. It's too much fun for sure.

Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 06:49:31 PM »

My daughter's dark apprentice v4 was up graded to a v5, My son's DA v4 saberstaff was made as phantom init v4 and my initiate le v4 was changed to a non le with refund of price diff. I have the tracking info with fedex scheduled to pick it up on Monday, estimated to be here Friday.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »

My daughter's dark apprentice v4 was up graded to a v5, My son's DA v4 saberstaff was made as phantom init v4 and my initiate le v4 was changed to a non le with refund of price diff. I have the tracking info with fedex scheduled to pick it up on Monday, estimated to be here Friday.

Interesting, and awesome to hear. I do hope they satisfy expectations upon arrival, and it's also good to hear they're likely to arrive "soon". It's always fun opening up the box/receiving new ones. If we're lucky you'll manage to post some pictures of them once you get them unpackaged. We all do love a good lightsaber pic around here. Plus this may be an exciting turn of events since the weather near you may be getting a bit nicer meaning some outdoors "field testing" of the new acquisitions.

Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 07:19:04 PM »

Oh, there will be photos and they will be here just in time for spring break.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 08:33:20 PM »

I love the look of the v5s. You'll have good fun with all that!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Nopetard
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 02:59:13 AM »

I am so excited watching the tracking info, the sabers are making their way here by friday.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 01:53:28 PM »

I love the look of the v5s. You'll have good fun with all that!

I for sure love the windowed emitter especially on my V5, but I'm a sucker for windowed emitters in general. They are probably one of my favorite features hands down.

And I'm excited for all of you, kids are probably bouncing off the walls... especially the younger one since it's a late b-day present. That 1st "higher grade" lightsaber is a treat for sure. I finally got rechargeable batteries in all of mine, and so they get used like crazy now.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: