Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Staff Coupler  (Read 568 times)
Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« on: February 07, 2021, 11:38:21 PM »

Are saberstaves that can be split in two supposed to be screwed together enough so the light buttons are on opposite sides of the staff?

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 11:44:08 PM »

It's a purely visual/aesthetic thing. I think having them line up with each other tends to look best, but that's just me. If you think having them on opposite sides looks better, or is easier to use (turn on/off), then that's cool too. Although if you don't have something like the QR coupler that can spin freely, you may need something in the middle of them to make them fully tightened in the proper position relative to eachother.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 11:46:06 PM »

It's a purely visual/aesthetic thing. I think having them line up with each other tends to look best, but that's just me. If you think having them on opposite sides looks better, or is easier to use (turn on/off), then that's cool too. Although if you don't have something like the QR coupler that can spin freely, you may need something in the middle of them to make them fully tightened in the proper position relative to eachother.

Well...... My Doublesaber has v2 hilts...... So I don't know if a quick release coupler will fit my saberstaff. My Saberstaff has no sound.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish

Light Side Favored.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 12:31:30 AM »

Well...... My Doublesaber has v2 hilts...... So I don't know if a quick release coupler will fit my saberstaff. My Saberstaff has no sound.

Yeah, I don't think that standard v2 coupler has a QR version that I've seen. Other members who've owned V2s might be able to tell you if there were ever any or any workarounds people came up with. I think QR is just a more recent thing than all that.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 12:33:58 AM »

By incompatible I'm assuming that an mhs qr coupler wouldn't fit in a v2?

Light Side Favored.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 12:36:45 AM »

Yeah, I don't think that standard v2 coupler has a QR version that I've seen. Other members who've owned V2s might be able to tell you if there were ever any or any workarounds people came up with. I think QR is just a more recent thing than all that.
Good point. But even just a shim or two in the middle of the two hilts (so long as it has the proper inner and outer diameter) could ensure that the hilts line up how you want them to. Should be a cheap and easy solution if you already have a standard coupler.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 12:38:38 AM »

Good point. But even just a shim or two in the middle of the two hilts (so long as it has the proper inner and outer diameter) could ensure that the hilts line up how you want them to. Should be a cheap and easy solution if you already have a standard coupler.

Hmmm great idea thanks. I should be able to find those at a hardware store. Though that might mean they would still be loosely attached.

Light Side Favored.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 12:48:25 AM »

It is truth that the v2s only fit the one design v2 coupler. There is no alignment built into them. TCSS does make timing shims or clocking washers and their MHSv2 ones might fit, that line is similar in size. Another possibility is carefully sanding the end of the saber body. TCSS has an instruction video for this and it can be a tedious process as you must sand just a little then test for fit, then try again until it all lines up as desired. Also if using  lack hilts this may produce a visible silver line between the hil and coupler.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 12:50:05 AM »

Looked it up and don't see the v2 on but wouldn't a shim make the sabers loosely attached to the couplers?

Light Side Favored.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: