Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Staff Coupler  (Read 1244 times)
Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« on: February 08, 2021, 12:14:51 AM »

i need a staff coupler for a v2 initiate double saber that is adjustable. could I buy or make one?

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 12:23:20 AM »

Adjustable as in what exactly? You want the length to be adjustable to make the saber longer or shorter? A pike extension or MHS extensions at various lengths would suit this better. If you mean just adjustable so you can make sure that the two hilts line up with each other how you want them to, a shim or two could adjust how much they screw in so that they end up fully screwed in at the ideal alignment relative to each other.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 12:26:24 AM »

Adjustable so I can have the activation buttons allign on the same side. Because they don't on my staff when I screw them in fully.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish

Light Side Favored.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 12:56:31 AM »

I posted more in depth on the other thread but it is possible to sand the threaded end of the hilt allowing them to line up as desired. I have used this method on multiple sabers and parts before .

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 09:14:58 PM »

I posted more in depth on the other thread but it is possible to sand the threaded end of the hilt allowing them to line up as desired. I have used this method on multiple sabers and parts before .

Also you can use a rubber O ring as a gasket, which you can torque down to line up your hilts.   I also believe you can find tuning shims / gaskets online, just measure the width to get the right size.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 09:44:49 PM »

These are all interesting suggestions and tips I might have to apply once I have a v2 or just with a standard coupler. I'm a bit particular as well about those activation switches lining up... this is all good to know.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 09:26:20 PM »

These are all interesting suggestions and tips I might have to apply once I have a v2 or just with a standard coupler. I'm a bit particular as well about those activation switches lining up... this is all good to know.

I know what you mean by wanting everything to line up.   But my staff is a V3, so I just got an adjustable coupler to make it all line up properly.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 01:49:01 AM »

Also you can use a rubber O ring as a gasket, which you can torque down to line up your hilts.   I also believe you can find tuning shims / gaskets online, just measure the width to get the right size.

Thanks I used 2 o rings.

Light Side Favored.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: