Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Power Out? LIGHTSABER!  (Read 2080 times)
JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: February 12, 2021, 12:35:57 AM »

Due to cold weather, our power just went out. My family was scrambling for flashlights that give off minimal light, but I have the luxury of using my Adegan Silver stunt saber as the brightest light in my whole family. Just thought I would share!!

May the force be with you all and stay warm!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 02:54:49 AM »

Yes, just yes... Not only for use as a flashlight in Jedi: the Fallen Order. It's for sure IRL the best go-to for illumination. If you really needed it to be just a flashlight you could remove the blade... but I think it's totally better just using it as is. Like saying "who made a genius purchase huh? Not just for fun! It's a flashlight, and for self defense." Well played.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 05:15:28 AM »

I love it...reminds me of that scene from The Big Bang Theory when the power goes out, Sheldon has his headlamp and glow stick, and Leonard totally one-ups him by grabbing a neopixel saber: "THAT is a glow stick!"

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 02:53:14 PM »

Oh my gosh, right?! I totally had the brightest light of anyone because the blade was in, so it illuminated more around it. It was honestly awesome!!

Initiate v3

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 06:31:39 PM »

Oh my gosh, right?! I totally had the brightest light of anyone because the blade was in, so it illuminated more around it. It was honestly awesome!!

I almost exclusively use my lightsabers in the dark. It's just such a cool effect/look. You really can bathe half the room in light/color. I love how some people rig their lightsabers as mood lighting mounted on walls. It's great how versatile they can be functionally.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 06:39:48 PM »

OMG power's out!  *zznt*  aah Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 10:38:43 PM »

Hi all,

I live in a tower block and we have regular Fire Drill Evacuations and I have been known to go down the stairwell with my saber ignited - it is so much more effective than the emergency lighting installed in my building.

I have had some strange looks from the Fire Fighters when they arrive and see me stood outside with a plastic tube...then snap-hiss, I ignite my blade and they suddenly get it.

So sabers are Emergency Equipment too!

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 03:11:48 AM »

Hi all,

I live in a tower block and we have regular Fire Drill Evacuations and I have been known to go down the stairwell with my saber ignited - it is so much more effective than the emergency lighting installed in my building.

I have had some strange looks from the Fire Fighters when they arrive and see me stood outside with a plastic tube...then snap-hiss, I ignite my blade and they suddenly get it.

Point to you, my friend. That is so amazing. Probably makes you feel like a real Jedi. I definitely want to live in an apartment someday just so I can do that too!

Initiate v3

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 05:18:48 AM »

Hi all,

Ok. Kind of funny you're basically "leading people to safety" in a mock emergency scenario. That is pretty Jedi as BluJay said, since it's meant to be helpful instead of using it as a weapon. Though I do have to laugh from the perspective of some of the Firefighters being like "He chose to save his lightsaber, that's epic." Also definitely taking the "this weapon is your life" quote to new levels if it's guiding you to safety. Pretty classy, and mildly amusing.

Guess it's good you don't have a Red or Fire Orange blade in this scenario since it could make people run the opposite direction and seek alternative exits thinking it is an actual fire!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 05:00:20 PM »

Point to you, my friend. That is so amazing. Probably makes you feel like a real Jedi. I definitely want to live in an apartment someday just so I can do that too!

Hi BluJay6, it did feel good the first couple of times but now most of the long term residents of the block just roll their eyes - "Oh it's that Jedi again!"
However, living in a top floor apartment has it's drawbacks too. When the elevators are offline you have to walk UP the stairwell as opposed to walking down them (as you would in a drill situation). And then there are low flying police helicopters buzzing around and when it's windy the building moves. But I've spent over 20 years in towers so I'm used to it all now.

Also definitely taking the "this weapon is your life" quote to new levels if it's guiding you to safety. Pretty classy, and mildly amusing.

Guess it's good you don't have a Red or Fire Orange blade in this scenario since it could make people run the opposite direction and seek alternative exits thinking it is an actual fire!
Yes, I'm glad I chose Consular Green otherwise I would be a very wet Jedi!

Thire
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

A delicate balance of the Light and Dark sides...

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 02:36:27 AM »

Multiple times back in my old home did the power go out. Multiple times did I use my Lightsaber to illuminate the environment.
Heck, one time we busted out my Nintendo Switch and played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes by candle(and saber)-light and played mock scenarios where the bomb was either a way to get the power back on or stop an attack on a city. Ahh... good times...

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But when we speak, listen, and act, that's when we change." -Hiroyoki Sawano

The Goods:
Aeon v2 - Guardian Blue - No sound - 32" Blade - First Saber

Apprentice v5 - Blazing Red - No sound - 32" Blade - Shoto

Awaiting:

Bellicose - Arctic Blue - Obsidian Premium Sound v4 - 32" Blade - Awaiting since June 2020

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 05:45:40 PM »

My family has done this many times.   They really light up a room, and the effect is just cool.  :-)  We have a couple of AS, a couple in SY, and a couple in AB, so the light is even fairly natural.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 01:39:57 AM »

An EF4  tornado passed about a mile north of where I used to live in 2019. (very unprecedented for where I live) The winds knocked down trees and snapped the pole that supplied power to where I lived. I work 3rd shift, so I wasn't there most nights, but we were without power for 5 or 6 days. The last night I was there, we still didn't have power. I was using lights from my Ultrasabers to see and read. My Tri Consular Green Prophecy was especially helpful, as that's an extremely bright blade.

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 03:18:06 PM »

Ok. Kind of funny you're basically "leading people to safety" in a mock emergency scenario. That is pretty Jedi as BluJay said, since it's meant to be helpful instead of using it as a weapon. Though I do have to laugh from the perspective of some of the Firefighters being like "He chose to save his lightsaber, that's epic." Also definitely taking the "this weapon is your life" quote to new levels if it's guiding you to safety. Pretty classy, and mildly amusing.

Same here I be the one in the pink Nomex fire hood and the lightsaber. Totally agree on color. I chose something relaxing. “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” Saying used in emergency medicine. Hopefully no more Northern California wildfires.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 180

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 04:31:54 PM »

Last February when all of Texas lost power for a week, we used our sabers to light up rooms at night.  We had enough to put two in each room with several left over.  I keep my Monarch in my band hall office at school.  This year, the power went out three times in the span of two months.  With no windows in the band hall, it came in hand to navigate around the room.  Much brighter that the iPhone flashlight. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: