Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Personal Lightsaber Designs  (Read 1630 times)
Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

Mando'ad She'laar, Light Side Jetii

« on: February 12, 2021, 01:18:36 AM »

Just working on Lightsaber designs for my characters and thought I'd share as I finish them.

Lightsaber-naginata of Edan-khan Roguardia.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 02:59:40 AM »

Infinite levels of Sith love go out to that weapon, since I love them IRL. Dark Side flair + exotic weapons = instant win in my book.

I almost gave you a Dark Side point accidentally, because of the design...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 03:38:20 AM »

Just working on Lightsaber designs for my characters and thought I'd share as I finish them.

I love yari and naginata training (different things). So I love this design!! point.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 04:18:22 AM »

I love yari and naginata training (different things). So I love this design!! point.

I love Yari, Naginata, and Nagamaki~ So I might be making more designs in the same vein some time soon. Smiley

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 04:20:37 AM »

I almost gave you a Dark Side point accidentally, because of the design...

Lol makes sense, it is a Sith design. I wouldn't have been too fussed by it to be honest. Tongue

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 06:51:30 AM »

I love Yari, Naginata, and Nagamaki~ So I might be making more designs in the same vein some time soon. Smiley
Ha! I knew about nodachi but not nagamaki. Learned something today!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »

Very nice!   I could quibble about the curved blade, as they're technically not possible, but I'll just assume there's some Sith art at work.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 05:46:02 PM »

Very nice!   I could quibble about the curved blade, as they're technically not possible, but I'll just assume there's some Sith art at work.   :-)
Honest question, why is it not possible? Is the end of the Darksaber not sort of an a normally shaped blade? Does only one side/edge need to remain straight? Are angular bends allowable but not curves? Legends has light whips even. And I read something about Darth Noctyss, who, in the book “Dark Legends,” has a curved bladed lightsaber. I read that it is canon, but it’s still a legend in canon judging by the name of the book? So perhaps it was possible, but has been lost to time? Or at least it was viewed as possible enough for there to be legends about it?

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »

Honest question, why is it not possible? Is the end of the Darksaber not sort of an a normally shaped blade? Does only one side/edge need to remain straight? Are angular bends allowable but not curves? Legends has light whips even. And I read something about Darth Noctyss, who, in the book “Dark Legends,” has a curved bladed lightsaber. I read that it is canon, but it’s still a legend in canon judging by the name of the book? So perhaps it was possible, but has been lost to time? Or at least it was viewed as possible enough for there to be legends about it?

I think it goes back to the idea of "laser sword" from the very first drafts of the story from Lucas.  Over the years, as more and more plausibility has been placed into the universe, the physics of the lightsaber have been discussed many times and in the end it is some kind of focused plasma contained in a magnetic field.  This would generally require a single, straight blade, but as I said, it could be possible to bend it.   it would greatly increase the complexity of the plasma control system, however, which would require some serious control systems and probably multiple crystals as well.   Which this design accommodates, with the long hilt.   :-) 

In the end, you can do whatever you want, just be prepared to have some decent fluff to back it up.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 05:58:50 PM »

Phenomenal design, LB!  I really like the naginata and what you've done just complements the beauty of the weapon^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »

@ Karmack and SirLiftaLot
I actually used Darth Noctyss as one of the inspirations for this. I'm not very good at all the technical stuff, and I prefer Legends to Canon because it seems to allow for more fantastical elements to my designs, but I did specifically added in two buttons that can control the curve of the blade. One beneath the Tsuba and one further down the hilt. It is a multi-crystal blade and can be used with a straight blade.

@ TheDutchman
Thank you! I know my art style is a bit more on the cartoony side but this is the first time I've drawn a lightsaber at all and was pretty nervous about sharing it. lol

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 02:21:56 AM »

@ Karmack and SirLiftaLot
I actually used Darth Noctyss as one of the inspirations for this. I'm not very good at all the technical stuff, and I prefer Legends to Canon because it seems to allow for more fantastical elements to my designs, but I did specifically added in two buttons that can control the curve of the blade. One beneath the Tsuba and one further down the hilt. It is a multi-crystal blade and can be used with a straight blade.

That dual phase (if that's the proper term I'm remembering) ability is scary as heck in a fighting perspective. Kind of like Exar Kun, except you could fight with the blade straight for a few passes then curve it right before another block/lockup to get around an opponent's guard "all sneaky like" with that adjusted angle. I love exotic lightsabers always.

I enjoy practicing or messing around with my saberstaff freestyle sometimes and just going with it, then laughing when I notice I did a Maul move in there on reflex/from memory or adapted/built on one. Lightsabers are beyond fun, thanks again for sharing the cool render.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 05:16:26 AM »

Oooh I just found this thread. Love the Naginata design! An instant point from me! Keep 'em comin.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: