Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Poll
Question: For those who know me or read my posts specifically, what is your informed opinion of me? Select any that apply or comment below.
Don't double post.
Don't reply excessively.
You took over my topic!
Less "big words" please.
You talk too much.
You're an arrogant jerk.
You act conceited, like you know everything.
I'd rather avoid you.
Basically, just don't like you.
You're a negative presence IMO.
I'm indifferent. You don't affect me.
I find your presence on the forum good.
Ok, you're entertaining (sometimes).
I find you helpful.
You seem like you try to be helpful.
Your intentions seem alright/positive.
You're my hero!
If you use "quotation marks" one more time... I might curl up and die.
Please become my mentor!
Keep it to 100 word or less.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Poll: Tell me the truth, constructive criticism.  (Read 3606 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« on: February 15, 2021, 08:38:16 PM »

Ok (this could be a remarkably bad idea) here we go! I simply desired a degree of transparency and potential growth... One cannot seek growth without accurate inventories/assessments. Fear of such things is natural, but limits potential. Self reflection is all well and good, but outside perspective can on occasion be rather helpful. To that end, I seek the input of my fellow forum members. I know some people pay attention to my posts, follow/read my opinions, and as a result have some legitimate opinions of me overall. Those are more so the individuals who's input I seek, but you're also welcome to check out what I've said previously and then come back to vote. You can even go do that and change your vote(s) after...

I seek to be meaningfully contributing and relevant. I do not wish to endlessly harm other's experience here, taint such things, or be a corrupting influence at large. That said, I'm not rainbows and sunshine, nor kind and compassionate on the majority of moments. I know I could easily be negative, morbid, pessimistic, or chaotic in many views or at times. I do not intend to attack individuals or make their experiences here unfavorable. I simply read separate posts in a random topic and read that "some individuals may be less prone to participate in light of the actions/comments of others" and this made me think of myself. "What if I could inadvertently make people unhappy, uncomfortable, or worse not desire being a part of the forum due to my behaviors, comments, or mentality?" I do try to limit myself within forum rules, and try not be an abrasive individual. But I'd have no clue if I succeed in any way since people are encouraged to be polite, and it creates a mask of "courtesy and decency" which may negate hard truths. SO I can't suspend forum rules (so please don't be senselessly negative attacking me pointlessly or voting in a venomous and hateful way) but I do encourage honesty. In fact, I'm asking for borderline brutal honesty if it's felt necessary! Hence the questions are a way to discreetly be honest (in theory) without backlash on the vote caster. I'm trusting people to not be terrible and spiteful trolls, thus invalidating my efforts and truly limiting me from potentially bettering myself or having an accurate gauge of my generally perceived presence here. I will not take it too personally (unless of course some comment seems purely hate filled and spiteful). After all I'm asking for this, and for an informed and legitimate voting process for real feedback.

So yeah, if you know me I welcome votes. If you don't, my posts (like all posts) are a matter of public record, and truly not that hard to find. So feel free to "get to know me" and then vote when/if you feel you have a good idea. I really don't want random people voting for no reason and no logic whatsoever, but people are people so who knows what will happen in the end. At any rate I thank any/all participants for their thoughtful consideration and efforts in true constructive criticism if felt warranted. Feel free to comment as needed/desired if my provided answers above don't fit your thoughts or if you want to expand it further/in greater detail. As I said, that was my goal anyway, so I wont fault people for doing so unless it appears to be pure venom soaked SUPER hate! If you really don't like me, now is the time and place to vote that way or say so in some reasonable and possibly helpful manner. Conversely if I've helped you in some small way or been beneficial you could vote or comment that way too. I certainly won't lash out, or be terribly bothered unless you say something like "You prove yourself the worst person in existence with every word you utter, go die in a hole to save us all from your ranting!" then I might find the comment less than constructive. I mean I will never really change who I am, and must be flexible to work within forum constraints... but I'm admittedly not the best at being "acceptably" social at times. That said, generally I'm actively trying to not rain on any parades in particular or some such. Without further ado...

Let the judgement begin:

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: