Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Replacing a battery pack with obsidian lite  (Read 842 times)
ConsularCosmicKnight
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« on: February 17, 2021, 06:43:31 AM »

Hey guys, my archon v3 recently stopped producing sound and i've managed to get a replacement.
Can anybody help me along on the process of removing the faulty pack and replacing with the other.

Archon v3 dark war glaive emitter consular green

Light side points please

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 08:52:11 AM »

Depends which parts you're actually replacing and what parts you have to replace them with. You said sound was the issue but the subject says replacing battery pack. Are you replacing the speaker? Is it pre wired? Are you doing the whole assembly?

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

ConsularCosmicKnight
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 12:11:51 AM »

I'll be replacing the full battery pack with a new one i got from the other guys, due to faster shipping where i'm located, the replacement comes with wires and a bass speaker attached. What i'ld like to do is take my soundboard off my faulty battery pack and place on the new as well as connect it to my hilt. I'm not sure how to post photos yet.

Archon v3 dark war glaive emitter consular green

Light side points please

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 04:43:36 AM »

It's a fairly straightforward process that involves little soldering. You're going to have 4 wires to deal with, battery positive, battery negative, and 2 speaker wires. Take all of the electrical tape off of the board/battery thing and see what runs to what. Mark them somehow. Then carefully snip only those 4 wires. The board itself should be stuck to the pack with some kind of double sided tape, so you're going to have to unstick it. Bring in your new pack and stick the board to it. (you may need new double sided tape) Then solder your 4 wires. At that point, provided the problem was with that setup and not the board itself, you should be able to put in fresh AAA batteries and fire it up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: