Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Just ordered my first Mystery Box Saber  (Read 5682 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 02:52:52 AM »

I am nothing but hopeful that it will be something epic.

I hope you do. I haven't looked at any pulls recently, but I know some people were getting some crazy stuff in Mystery Boxes when they first started selling them. I know you can do wiring, so would you prefer a lower end hilt with sound or a higher end stunt?

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points only, please.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 12:24:05 AM »

Honestly, a higher end stunt.  I have a lower end hilt with sound, and an upper end stunt, and I still prefer the upper end stunt.

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 12:43:22 AM »

Checked tracking, it was still in Houston yesterday, so am thinking maybe tomorrow?

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 12:54:12 AM »

I hope you get it tomorrow. FedEx can be flaky sometimes. I've had packages go "off the radar" for 3 days on what should have been an hour drive.  Roll Eyes  (it happened several times, staring long before COVID)  I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Honestly, a higher end stunt.  I have a lower end hilt with sound, and an upper end stunt, and I still prefer the upper end stunt.

I agree. Sound can always be added later.

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 12:58:53 AM »

I hope you get it tomorrow. FedEx can be flaky sometimes. I've had packages go "off the radar" for 3 days on what should have been an hour drive.  Roll Eyes  (it happened several times, staring long before COVID)  I hope that doesn't happen to you.

I agree. Sound can always be added later.

This one was shipped USPS. I dropped the ball on that one.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 01:20:04 AM »

In my opinion, they're slightly better than FedEx. Only slightly. I had a  package out for delivery that wasn't delivered today due to "no access to delivery location." Decoded: "I accidentally left it on the truck, forgot about it until I got back to the post office and had to BS a reason."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 05:21:00 PM »

Yep, better get out the ole string and 2 cups to contact them for assistance. (I'm not knocking them, I really feel bad for them right now.)

I don't know Fedex hasn't done me wrong so I can't complain, but guess we'll see. Good luck getting that shipment, should have just hired smugglers! Or if it stays "lost" a bit too long find a good bounty hunter.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 01:19:00 AM »

I don't know Fedex hasn't done me wrong so I can't complain, but guess we'll see.

The company itself probably isn't bad, but I think individual experiences vary based on location and the meatbags running said locations. Example: I never have any issues with my local UPS, but I understand that there are areas where they're garbage.

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 11:11:40 PM »

Got in the saber today.  

I am completely UNDERWHELMED.

Don't waste your money buying mystery box sabers.  I got an Aeon v2 with an adegan silver blade, standard battery pack.  It has scratches all over it, and the silver av switch is the only thing that makes this worth more than $70.

I figured I'd be happy with whatever, but I'm honestly really disappointed.  This has definitely not impressed me. To a very severe degree.

This is an extremely plain hilt, and if there wasn't such a high restocking fee, I'd send it back.  The white blade with this very basic hilt makes it look like a flashlight.  Been a long week, was looking forward to this, oh well.

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 11:15:58 PM »

And the battery pack is so tightly shoved into this hilt that you have to pry it out with a tool.

With this move I went from being a diehard Ultrasabers fan, to feeling like this was an excuse to pawn off a cheap scratch and dent saber.  I think I might be done with US, after this.

I'm so frustrated with this that it's back in it's shipping box already.  I don't know what I'm going to do, but this saber isn't staying, and I'm certainly not ordering the Fallen hilt I was planning on picking up this month.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 12:07:38 AM »

Rolls a d20, gets a zero...? Character receives a critical hit and experiences perma death, cannot be revived or used in subsequent campaigns ever looks over at Dungeon Master and realizes it's Deadpool...

*wakes up screaming*

In all seriousness that is a tragic outcome, considering how motivated you were toward that new acquisition. I'd say something to the effect of "can't win 'em all" but that'd seem like a cheap consolation. More accurately I'd say, if it's a v2 hilt... well those are the "oldest" model hilts (short of PVC) if I'm not mistaken. So I'm not terribly surprised if it'd be a bit underwhelming, especially in comparison to the others you already own. It's like having high level gear already, looting a crate, and finding "beginner" gear that you instantly dismantle for base components. Seems like you now disdain 1/4 of your acquired US hilts... (if my math is right) so I'd say that's more of a reason to buy what you want specifically rather than roll dice in the future. But, I'd understandably also be pretty annoyed, so I get where you're coming from.

One of those moment's you wish you could respawn at the checkpoint or load an earlier save file, only to see it's been saved over or erased. It sounds like a tough break for sure. I (in part) feel your pain my good Jedi. I'd had my own apprehensions toward "mystery" (since I tend to lose on scratch tickets or drawing for sure), I like to stack the odds in my favor or guarantee success if possible. I think you just convinced me to not opt toward such and to instead just get my desired hilt(s) for sure. I'm much too particular and would probably be dejected as well by an unfavorable outcome.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 01:00:18 AM »

Rolls a d20, gets a zero...? Character receives a critical hit and experiences perma death, cannot be revived or used in subsequent campaigns ever looks over at Dungeon Master and realizes it's Deadpool...

*wakes up screaming*

In all seriousness that is a tragic outcome, considering how motivated you were toward that new acquisition. I'd say something to the effect of "can't win 'em all" but that'd seem like a cheap consolation. More accurately I'd say, if it's a v2 hilt... well those are the "oldest" model hilts (short of PVC) if I'm not mistaken. So I'm not terribly surprised if it'd be a bit underwhelming, especially in comparison to the others you already own. It's like having high level gear already, looting a crate, and finding "beginner" gear that you instantly dismantle for base components. Seems like you now disdain 1/4 of your acquired US hilts... (if my math is right) so I'd say that's more of a reason to buy what you want specifically rather than roll dice in the future. But, I'd understandably also be pretty annoyed, so I get where you're coming from.

One of those moment's you wish you could respawn at the checkpoint or load an earlier save file, only to see it's been saved over or erased. It sounds like a tough break for sure. I (in part) feel your pain my good Jedi. I'd had my own apprehensions toward "mystery" (since I tend to lose on scratch tickets or drawing for sure), I like to stack the odds in my favor or guarantee success if possible. I think you just convinced me to not opt toward such and to instead just get my desired hilt(s) for sure. I'm much too particular and would probably be dejected as well by an unfavorable outcome.

That was a very accurate assesment of this outcome. 

I looted said crate, found a beginner piece of gear, and having paid $91 including shipping for this, am really disappointed.  I read the fine print, knew there could be dings and scrapes, but was expecting a mid tier cosmetically damaged item.  Not low-tier damaged item.  It still feels like a slap in the face. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 01:26:31 AM »

This is why I only ordered a few grab bags back in 2016 and never touched the Mystery Boxes. The odds of getting something incredible are significantly less than a saber that costs just north of $75, and there's always the chance you'll get a saber you don't want. But, like you said, that's all in the product description.

I have to agree, Adegan Silver is a bland color. I intentionally ordered a saber once in that color (ironically, it was a Dominix LE V2.) I thought it might be cool, but it was boring. Eventually, I changed that saber to orange.

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 01:35:44 AM »

The fine print is pretty misleading, which is honestly why I'm honestly angry.  "You'll receive a saber worth at least $75."  So, I scrolled down to the sabers that all cost $75 base price.  I could live with any of them. 

Instead I was shipped a V2 hilt with one small upgrade putting it above the $75.  That's kind of cheap, in my opinion. 

I completely get selling off damaged sabers for a discount, in a grab bag way.  I have no issues with that.  But if you don't give your customers value for money with these things, they won't spend any more money with you. 

And that's where I find myself.  I've been spending a fairly significant amount of my fun money, per month, on Ultrasabers products.  That stops now.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2021, 01:48:48 AM »

This is why I only ordered a few grab bags back in 2016 and never touched the Mystery Boxes. The odds of getting something incredible are significantly less than a saber that costs just north of $75, and there's always the chance you'll get a saber you don't want. But, like you said, that's all in the product description.

I have to agree, Adegan Silver is a bland color. I intentionally ordered a saber once in that color (ironically, it was a Dominix LE V2.) I thought it might be cool, but it was boring. Eventually, I changed that saber to orange.

I agree in principle. It'd at least be a good gesture to have included a set of color discs with such a purchase. It's not like he chose an AS colored blade. So simply adding the option along with the random AS blade would have had the potential for less disappointment in theory.

I can also agree with the fact that if you're drooling over the wealth of "possible options" that qualify and you receive something bottom tier and plain as a result, it's easy to be unhappy. As you'd stated, you would have been fine with a slightly more ornate, interesting, or elaborate design even if it was in less than ideal condition. You went in with what you thought were reasonable expectations, and received less than what you'd term an "adequate return" on investment. I personally want a dark initiate v2, but would not be pleased with a silver v2 in comparison. Small details matter, like if even the blade color had turned out to be something stunning that you don't own like Orange or even Purple. I can't say your gripes are illegitimate by any means. It's simply sad we can't turn back the clock and have gotten you your Fallen instead. It's just a shame...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: