Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Temple Rumors (Collaborative)  (Read 1133 times)
Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

Mando'ad She'laar, Light Side Jetii

« on: February 19, 2021, 08:19:13 AM »

For those who want a more light-hearted and comedic story collab thread.

All large religious organizations have their own cultural sayings, myths, and legends. But they also have a lot of stories and rumours. Here is a bunch of rumours that roam the lively halls of the Jedi Temple! Every now and then an old rumour from the far past will even resurface and the more long lived Masters will smile in amusement as the new crop of initiates try to figure out if it's true or not.

Rumour #1: How to get rid of Skywalker

Rumour has it that there is a very quick and easy way to get rid of Padawan Skywalker, now Knight Skywalker, if he is being particularly obnoxious or obtuse. Of course the Masters of the Temple would never use this method, not where they could be seen, but it is effective.

All you need is a small pouch filled with sand. Which can be found in many of the gardens in the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

If Skywalker is nearby and being his usual self all you have to do it carefully pull out the pouch and “accidentally” spill the sand between you and Skywalker. Instantly he’ll stop and stare at the shimmering grains in confusion, refusing to go anywhere near it.

Quickly make your excuses but keep it simple. If you aren’t very good at diplomacy just tell him you were carrying it for someone else who asked for a sample. Then make your apologies and retreat.

If you’ve done it right he shouldn’t follow you any more.

Or so the rumour goes.

Feel free to add your own Rumors! Although this is mainly for the Jedi Temple, Sith and Outside rumours about the Jedi are totally allowed!

Liera Buraaisuh
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

Mando'ad She'laar, Light Side Jetii

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:55:30 AM »

Rumour #2: Cat Naps

The Master of the Order vanishes just after midday meal every afternoon and disappears into the gardens to meditate, where no one sees him for at least an hour. But rumor has it that what he’s really doing is taking a nap.

It started with little Crevka, an Initiate who had accidentally knocked over Knight Gerrshik while she was carrying some delicate ferns that needed to be replanted in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. After a stern lecture about looking where one was going and feeling for others in the force Knight Gerrshik spoke with Crechemaster Tillia. Crevka was ordered to help replant the ferns.

While working under the critical eye of the Knight, Initiate Crevka stopped for a break to drink some water and rub the sweat off of his brow. There was a nice breeze generated by the filtration system, to help keep the air nice and clean. Crevka threw his head back and dumped some water on his head to cool down. When he opened his eyes he was staring straight up into the trees above him.

Then he saw it. Someone was resting on the branch of a tree far above them, robes draping over the sides of the bough. At first he was perplexed, he hadn’t felt anyone meditating nearby and he doubted that Knight Gerrshik would want to disturb anyone. Or at least would have politely warned them that they would be replanting some ferns.

He pointed them out to the Knight and after a moment her eyes opened wide and her mouth fell open. “Master Windu?” She whispered, incredulous. After a moment of silence Crevka, feeling emboldened by the silence, asked the Knight what the Master was doing. After a moment Knight Gerrshik finally answered.

“He’s... sleeping?” Neither of them could really believe it, but the force felt content around the man so they quickly, and quietly, finished their task and crept away.

No one’s been brave enough to ask the man himself if he takes naps after the midday meal so it remains just another rumor.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:58:32 PM »

Rumor #3: 'Meditation' Retreats

Jeina La'sphar was the latest in a long line of female Padawan's of various humanoid species, aged usually late teens to early twenties, to have to got to a 'meditation' retreat on Southern Dantooine far from the Jedi enclave for 'around 10 to 12 months'.

Despite the Masters best efforts to prevent the younger ones from forming...unseemly intimate realtipnships...it kept happening.  Some masters said they were too strict - and rather than a complete abstinence approach should provide education of 'preventative' measures, others they were not strict enough and required more punitive actions.

Even so it kept happening. 

Each generation had its own hangout in the Temple.  Store room 11-A was popular for a few generations, then when they started patrolling tat more regularly Maintenance Bay C-8.  The gossip among the teens was that such and such was 'asking for a trip to Dantoooine' when they got too steamy with their partner(s).

"Well," One Master was said to have been overheard saying with a wry grin
"It does help swell the ranks a little,"
He had himself been born on Southern Dantooine.

It was an embarrassment others said, how could the Jedi guide others when they couldn't control themselves.  A danger some suggested, what scars might be left from the forced separations at the retreats that lingered into a Jedi's career?

But the masquerade of preaching orthodoxy, turning blind eyes, and sending young girls in trouble to 'meditate' continues to this day.  What harm could there be in keeping it covered up?

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:16:05 PM »

Rumor #4:  Ghosts

For as long as anyone can remember, the sub-levels of the Temple have been ... creepy, to say the least.  While the upper galleries and chambers are filled with light and splendor and many of the lower levels are vibrant with activity there are places lower down, in the very foundations, that can be more than a little scary.   There is no denying that the Spire has long been a force nexus, and Jedi Archeologists have unearthed evidence that force-sensitive natives on Coruscant treated it as a holy site for millenia, even before the age of hyperspace travel. 

But ghosts?

No one believes in ghosts.  Everyone knows that when the corporeal form dies, the spirit merges with the force and joins the flow of the energy of the universe.   That is the way.  So say the Masters, so say the holocrons.   So say the holy texts.  No one, not even the Sith, dispute it.   It is the way of all life.

And yet....

Stories persist of an etherical figure, a humanoid, who regularly appears in meditation in a small chapel built into one of the earliest parts of the Temple.  The stonework of the chapel is ancient, pre-dating even the Temple foundations around and over it, and it is rarely visited by anyone.  No one has a recording of this figure, it does not appear on internal sensors or recording devices that have been left from time-to-time over the centuries, but the rumors persist.  No one knows or remembers what is behind or below the chapel, or why it was built, but it remains intact to this day.  Like the ghost who guards it, the chapel is a mystery that simply ... is.

Many of the Jedi of the Temple have tried to solve the riddle of the ghost, but none have been able to capture any data on it.  Eventually the Council chose to ignore it, discouraging anyone from further investigations due to "worries about the ancient structure's integrity".  Then in 187 BBY that area of the foundation was reinforced.  The construction activity resulted in three separate sitings ... all by non-force-sensitive workers.   Rumors spread like wildfire that there was a "force ghost" stalking the ancient halls, and work had to be stopped until a firm was able to finish the work using droids.

With the work completed, the whole area was sealed and the stories subsided again.  The last person known to have entered the area was a young knight named Jinn, who was researching the ancient force-sensitives of the Spire.   He went to the chapel to make recordings of the runes there, hoping to decipher them, looking for clues about these "Masters of the Hill", as they apparently were known.  He was ultimately unsuccessful and after a time was called away to other duties, but each time he came back to the temple Master Qui-Gon would go back down into the sub-levels.  Some say he was obsessed with the runes.   But others say he was having long conversations with the ghost...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 05:41:37 PM »

These are fantastic!  I've always liked the "What-If" and "ElseWorlds" stories from Marvel & DC, respectively, and--unsurprisingly--the same can be said concerning the SW Universe  Smiley

And this sentiment is only further reinforced by seeing my friends (and literary partners-in-crime) add their own uniquely awesome take in the mix  Grin

LB, LSG, Karm: great job^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:13:54 AM »

I'd have to agree. I was waiting and simply reading along with enjoyment. I did not wish to be the one to break the flow/rhythm/sequence of rumor mid stream... though I must compliment LB's starting of and choices of rumors. Also Karmack chose a clever and well thought out addition. LSG certainly chose a more salacious and pointed rumor, but my Dark Side sense of humor made me laugh regardless. Certainly an entertaining pack of tales you've shared.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 12:34:45 AM »

Rumor #5: Coy...

"So, what was the excuse this time?"

"I dunno.   Something about the ph balance in the water.  But between you and me, I think it might be one of the padawans.  There were some suspicious et footprints left behind.  We think whoever did it may have been interrupted by an unscheduled cleaning droid."   Jelong Jso was no Jedi, only a member of the Jedi Temple support staff, but he still carried a good bit of authority.  He did, after all, control who got what contract for which service.  When the fish in the various meditation ponds and aquariums started disappearing he'd had to scramble to find a supplier.   Now, after a few months of very regular visits, they were becoming fast friends ... and who didn't like a juicy bit of gossip now and again?  

"Well!  I guess even Junior Jedi like to fish now and again! Whatever it is, I hope you find the 'problem child' soon."  The smile on his face didn't fool Jelong.   It doesn't take a Jedi to sense how insincere that statement was...

A few swipes and the transaction was complete. The exotic fish supplier, now several thousand credits richer at the expense of the Jedi Order, already telling his dispatcher the story of the fish-stealing Jedi brats.  Jelong just shook his head and turned to the task of overseeing a squad of droids as they unloaded the crates and began the process of restocking.  

None of them paid any attention to padawan Yoda's bright eyes as they tracked one set of droids - and their cargo - toward the main meditation pool...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 12:19:20 AM »

Rumor #5: Coy...

"So, what was the excuse this time?"

"I dunno.   Something about the ph balance in the water.  But between you and me, I think it might be one of the padawans.  There were some suspicious et footprints left behind.  We think whoever did it may have been interrupted by an unscheduled cleaning droid."   Jelong Jso was no Jedi, only a member of the Jedi Temple support staff, but he still carried a good bit of authority.  He did, after all, control who got what contract for which service.  When the fish in the various meditation ponds and aquariums started disappearing he'd had to scramble to find a supplier.   Now, after a few months of very regular visits, they were becoming fast friends ... and who didn't like a juicy bit of gossip now and again?  

"Well!  I guess even Junior Jedi like to fish now and again! Whatever it is, I hope you find the 'problem child' soon."  The smile on his face didn't fool Jelong.   It doesn't take a Jedi to sense how insincere that statement was...

A few swipes and the transaction was complete. The exotic fish supplier, now several thousand credits richer at the expense of the Jedi Order, already telling his dispatcher the story of the fish-stealing Jedi brats.  Jelong just shook his head and turned to the task of overseeing a squad of droids as they unloaded the crates and began the process of restocking.  

None of them paid any attention to padawan Yoda's bright eyes as they tracked one set of droids - and their cargo - toward the main meditation pool...

LOL!! Hungry little thing! almost a little dark feeding on captive fish.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: