Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from Ev'Rett  (Read 2089 times)
Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« on: February 19, 2021, 11:22:07 PM »

Years and years ago, when I was knee-high to skinth, I dabbled with the SCA - dual short swords or spear.  Now a broken-down old man, I still want to enjoy a touch of slightly less than mortal combat without having to endure the bruising and muscle pulls and tendon tearing.  And I am now old enough to have disposable income.  AND technology has matured sufficiently to make lightsabers sound and look good, and demonstrate a high degree of durability?  I'm in.  
(Although I tend to identify more with the smugglers and the fugitives than with those with any kind of authority or mystical power.)
I have a couple friends who already had a variety of blades, and a little research suggested that US was the way for me to go.  Six months ago, after receiving a generous (for me) bonus, I picked up a Mystery Box with sound - I figured I'd let the Force decide.  The result is a Manticore with a Renegade emitter, 24" green blade, and basic sound.

Last month, watching the Mandalorian over a few glasses of spotchka, my wife said that *if* she were to have a lightsaber, she'd want one with a purple blade.  A couple drunken hours later, the sly and secretive order was in.  Along with another Mystery Box for myself.  And a Raffle entry, because why not?
They arrived yesterday.  Woot!
She now has an Initiate LE v5 with a 24" Bane's Heart (soon to be swapped for Violet Amethyst, as it's not *quite* purple enough).
And I snagged a Dark Apprentice LE v5 with a v3 Obsidian board and 32" Blazing Red triCree blade.
And then of course, the super lucky dip for a Raffle prize: a Dark Sentinel v5 with a 36" Blazing Red blade and basic sound.
Sweet.

So here I am.  Getting the chance to play with the toys I've been waiting for since I saw Empire decades ago at the drive-in as a wee sprog.  Life is good, folks. In spite of...everything else, ha ha.  Now I just need to start working on my costuming.  And rehab an elbow injury, so I can beat the tar out of my buddies.
Oh, and I play a lot of Star Wars X-Wing the miniatures game from FFG/AMG, if anybody is interested in the cross-over.

Just a simple man trying to make his way through the universe.
Bane's Heart Manticore with Renegade emitter and basic sound (Mystery Box)
triCree red Dark Apprentice LE v5 with Obsidian v3 soundboard (Mystery Box)
Pyrestone Dark Sentinel v5 with basic sound (Raffle prize)
Violet Amethyst Initiate LE v5 with basic sound (wife's)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:47:37 AM »

Welcome!!!!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 12:59:26 AM »

Glad to hear it, and welcome. Good you have a few extras just incase you find a sparring partner or two. I do agree it's fun to find a bit of good enjoyable dueling. Best of luck with that, and with modifying your wife's lightsaber! It's awesome you have her on board with you for the real fun. With any luck you'll progress in the avenues you seek smoothly. Cosplaying and lightsaber collecting are big around here for sure.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »

Years and years ago, when I was knee-high to skinth, I dabbled with the SCA - dual short swords or spear.  Now a broken-down old man, I still want to enjoy a touch of slightly less than mortal combat without having to endure the bruising and muscle pulls and tendon tearing.  And I am now old enough to have disposable income.  AND technology has matured sufficiently to make lightsabers sound and look good, and demonstrate a high degree of durability?  I'm in.  
(Although I tend to identify more with the smugglers and the fugitives than with those with any kind of authority or mystical power.)
I have a couple friends who already had a variety of blades, and a little research suggested that US was the way for me to go.  Six months ago, after receiving a generous (for me) bonus, I picked up a Mystery Box with sound - I figured I'd let the Force decide.  The result is a Manticore with a Renegade emitter, 24" green blade, and basic sound.

Last month, watching the Mandalorian over a few glasses of spotchka, my wife said that *if* she were to have a lightsaber, she'd want one with a purple blade.  A couple drunken hours later, the sly and secretive order was in.  Along with another Mystery Box for myself.  And a Raffle entry, because why not?
They arrived yesterday.  Woot!
She now has an Initiate LE v5 with a 24" Bane's Heart (soon to be swapped for Violet Amethyst, as it's not *quite* purple enough).
And I snagged a Dark Apprentice LE v5 with a v3 Obsidian board and 32" Blazing Red triCree blade.
And then of course, the super lucky dip for a Raffle prize: a Dark Sentinel v5 with a 36" Blazing Red blade and basic sound.
Sweet.

So here I am.  Getting the chance to play with the toys I've been waiting for since I saw Empire decades ago at the drive-in as a wee sprog.  Life is good, folks. In spite of...everything else, ha ha.  Now I just need to start working on my costuming.  And rehab an elbow injury, so I can beat the tar out of my buddies.
Oh, and I play a lot of Star Wars X-Wing the miniatures game from FFG/AMG, if anybody is interested in the cross-over.
That moded Manticore is really cool!!!
Welcome =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 08:09:49 PM »

Welcome Kleeg! Those are some great hilts, and great colors as well. Loving the modified Manticore, that just looks great.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a Search Function available (picture with magnifying glass) that can be a super useful tool for finding answers, but if you can't find what you need with that, ask away. Someone is sure to have the information you seek.
Hope to see you around!

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 01:25:48 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums
 Nice sabers you got there. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 03:34:20 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, all.  Lots of good advice on this forum - really helping to fill in the gaps in info on the mercantile side of things here.  So, a question re: the granting of light/dark points.  I have seen a screen capture of where the buttons *should* be, but I am on an Android-driven laptop, or occasionally a Mac desktop.  And I apparently cannot see those buttons on either device.  Am I just missing something, or is it actually the case that those are only active on standard, Windows-running devices?  I like the idea of throwing stuff at the folks who have been so helpful so far.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »

Thanks for the welcome, all.  Lots of good advice on this forum - really helping to fill in the gaps in info on the mercantile side of things here.  So, a question re: the granting of light/dark points.  I have seen a screen capture of where the buttons *should* be, but I am on an Android-driven laptop, or occasionally a Mac desktop.  And I apparently cannot see those buttons on either device.  Am I just missing something, or is it actually the case that those are only active on standard, Windows-running devices?  I like the idea of throwing stuff at the folks who have been so helpful so far.

I believe it is only available once you have a post count of 10 (or more). That change was implemented about a year or two years ago, because there was major trolling going on with the points system (which means nothing other than that someone liked what you had to say). It should be available to you on any browser once you've made a total of 10 posts. I believe there are some apps (like tapatalk) that do not have the ability to give out points, but I don't know what all they are, as I only ever use my computer for the Forum.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Kleeg005
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 04:15:27 PM »

I believe it is only available once you have a post count of 10 (or more). That change was implemented about a year or two years ago, because there was major trolling going on with the points system (which means nothing other than that someone liked what you had to say). It should be available to you on any browser once you've made a total of 10 posts. I believe there are some apps (like tapatalk) that do not have the ability to give out points, but I don't know what all they are, as I only ever use my computer for the Forum.
Rogerroger, and thanks for the info!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: