Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1231 times)
Mihelai
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 23, 2021, 07:47:17 AM »

Im not sure why but the quick coupler i recieved worked amazing at first but now out of nowhere it will not fit and i do not know why if theres somthing i can do please help. Its less than a day old

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 12:40:44 PM »

Could you post a short video of the problem on Youtube?

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:33:42 PM »

Im not sure why but the quick coupler i recieved worked amazing at first but now out of nowhere it will not fit and i do not know why if theres somthing i can do please help. Its less than a day old

I'm also confused how it isn't fitting. The 2 separate parts of the QR won't reattach? We'd probably have to see it to understand how it won't reconnect by seeing it internally, externally, and as it's trying to be connected.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 11:40:16 PM »

If a video isn't possible, a picture or two would be helpful.  :-)

the only thing that I can think of that might be an issue ... there's a ring around the female side of the coupler.   That ring needs to be pulled back to "open" the internal locking mechanism to let the male segment in, just like you have to pull it back to release the coupler and let it separate.   You can't just push it in, you need to open it and push it in.   Just FYI.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:46:02 PM »

If a video isn't possible, a picture or two would be helpful.  :-)

the only thing that I can think of that might be an issue ... there's a ring around the female side of the coupler.   That ring needs to be pulled back to "open" the internal locking mechanism to let the male segment in, just like you have to pull it back to release the coupler and let it separate.   You can't just push it in, you need to open it and push it in.   Just FYI.

Is that an absolute? I'd thought it was necessary to do so (pulling back to reduce the tension and allow them to pair) at first, but through practicing I realized I could simply press them both together with adequate (but seemingly minimal) force and they'd recouple. I'd figured all of the QR couplers worked in this fashion, but if mine is unique I'm glad for it. It's much easier and smoother to simply "force" them together without having to adjust the female side one handed anyway.

Also I don't know if it's relevant that this QR coupler was obtained within the last year. Just incase they have been changed over time at all, since the initial release/availability.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 12:29:09 AM »

Is that an absolute? I'd thought it was necessary to do so (pulling back to reduce the tension and allow them to pair) at first, but through practicing I realized I could simply press them both together with adequate (but seemingly minimal) force and they'd recouple. I'd figured all of the QR couplers worked in this fashion, but if mine is unique I'm glad for it. It's much easier and smoother to simply "force" them together without having to adjust the female side one handed anyway.

Also I don't know if it's relevant that this QR coupler was obtained within the last year. Just incase they have been changed over time at all, since the initial release/availability.
At first I thought it had to be "engaged" to push together, but that is not the case, at least with mine. It does need to be engaged to be separated, but a little bit of force without engaging the coupler will join them together, so long as they're lined up well with each other. The little nubs in the female end should be able to be pushed down by the male end going into it, without pulling on the coupler, but it will need to be pulled to separate coming out, if that makes any sense.

What I have noticed though, is that after a good bit of use, and a healthy amount of drops, and probably a bit of gunk and grime accumulation, the coupler got much harder to engage. It was harder to pull to "engage" it, and sometimes the little nubs that retract when being engaged didn't want to retract properly. They became nearly impossible to rejoin without engaging the coupler, and the coupler itself was still difficult to engage.

I ended up taking the coupler off the saber and using some lubricant, I forget what type, and it fixed the issue right up. Super easy to engage the coupler, and super smooth to join the sabers together without engaging the coupler. It did seem to make that grime on the coupler "loser" and more susceptible to rubbing off on things, so probably best to clean the coupler after that, especially the male end it seems.

But that may not even be the issue OP is describing, of course.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 12:54:12 AM »

At first I thought it had to be "engaged" to push together, but that is not the case, at least with mine. It does need to be engaged to be separated, but a little bit of force without engaging the coupler will join them together, so long as they're lined up well with each other. The little nubs in the female end should be able to be pushed down by the male end going into it, without pulling on the coupler, but it will need to be pulled to separate coming out, if that makes any sense.

But that may not even be the issue OP is describing, of course.

Thanks for corroborating that, I was mostly just checking with Karmack if there was some older version I was unaware of. Or possibly if they hadn't run across this functionality ours seem to have with their model.

But yes, it'll be interesting to see what is happening with the OP's QR.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 08:59:32 PM »

Mine is stiff enough that it does not like to be pushed together without operating the release, but it expect it is possible.  I have not used mine extensively, however, so its still very new and hence the spring is very stiff.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: